Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Barber Who Shaves Eyeballs

Eldorado

"It seems that hair cut is not just what barbers can offer. Meet Chinese Barber, Xiong Gaowu who has mastered the art of shaving eyeballs. Yes, you read it right! No, he won’t take off your eyeballs, Gaouwu knows an ancient technique of cleaning the filth from eyes and does it with utter precision.

The process involves scraping inside of people’s eyelids to remove filth or anything that is clouding vision. The 62-year-old uses a sharp razor on the eyeballs and scrapes off any residue that might be there in your eye.
Xiong also pays utmost attention to hygiene and rinses the blade before using it on another customer. Gaowu is a resident of Chinese city Chengdu."
Full story: http://www.india.com/buzz/chinese-barber-xiong-gaowu-practices-eyeball-shaving-using-a-sharp-razor-video-2468172/

:)

• Like 2

That "filth" is part of your microbiom and it's needed unless you have cataracts. Then you need surgery. I wonder what he rinses his blade with? Because I see staph in somebody's future.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

That "filth" is part of your microbiom and it's needed unless you have cataracts. Then you need surgery. I wonder what he rinses his blade with? Because I see staph in somebody's future.

I should have added this.

"In the 20th century, hospitals used eyeball shaving a way to treat trachoma. According to the World Health Association, it is a bacterial condition which is the most common infectious cause of blindness in the world.

"Qu Chao, deputy director of the ophthalmology department at the Sichuan Provincial People’s Hospital, explains that eyeball shaving is dangerous and has been phased out as other treatments have become available."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I should have added this.

"In the 20th century, hospitals used eyeball shaving a way to treat trachoma. According to the World Health Association, it is a bacterial condition which is the most common infectious cause of blindness in the world.

"Qu Chao, deputy director of the ophthalmology department at the Sichuan Provincial People’s Hospital, explains that eyeball shaving is dangerous and has been phased out as other treatments have become available."

There's lasers now for trachoma damage.

Edited by Piney
add stuff
  • Like 3

Yep. Nope.

Those Eastern style, non-foldable straight razors are pretty sweet if you learn how to use them, though. 

• Like 3

Heh ... I've had cotton buds shoved beneath and behind the eye balls for a full cleansing ... you won't believe the things they drag out ... rinsing can only clean up so much ...

~

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Heh ... I've had cotton buds shoved beneath and behind the eye balls for a full cleansing ... you won't believe the things they drag out ... rinsing can only clean up so much ...

Did they charge you extra for having three eyeballs?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Xiong also pays utmost attention to hygiene and rinses the blade before using it on another customer. Gaowu is a resident of Chinese city Chengdu."

I hear that's what junkies do with needles and they've never had any problems whatsoever. According to no one.

This entire story freaked me right out.

nope.gif

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, acute said:

Did they charge you extra for having three eyeballs?

Genuinely one of the funniest things I've read on here. 

• Like 2