Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Wendigo(s)

A_miloslav

Just now, Night Walker said:

Thanks for that. 

There's really very little written about Bigfoot, Wendigo, etc, from an indigenous perspective. Mostly its stuff written about Native Americans by outsiders with an agenda so I can appreciate the desire to protect sensitive information from cultural misappropriation. It is, however, somewhat frustrating for a Bigfoot-tragic like myself who wants to learn more - I don't suppose you know of anyone I can talk to about it (confidentially, if needed)? If so, then please PM the details...

I could talk to you right here. I don't give a **** about AIM or anybody in the Lenape Confederation. @Sakari has a lot on Native legends about Bigfoot. Maybe he'll bump his old thread up for us and I'll add some things.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Piney said:

I could talk to you right here. I don't give a **** about AIM or anybody in the Lenape Confederation. @Sakari has a lot on Native legends about Bigfoot. Maybe he'll bump his old thread up for us and I'll add some things.

Me trying to find a thread here is like winning the lottery....I will attempt it though.

Edit: When I got to my activity, and content I started...It shows one page, than will not load anymore :(

Edit2: I found the topics I have made. Can not find any title that leads me to that. I know I posted a ton of information on this topic, but it was probably on other peoples topics, not ones I made. Considering I have over 15,000 posts, not to sure I will search that way. Wish I could help more.

The search function here is worthless. Type in "indian bigfoot legends", nothing.."indian bigfoot", nothing....I could never stand it. I know there are a ton of replies with those 2 words.(3)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sakari said:

Me trying to find a thread here is like winning the lottery....I will attempt it though.

Edit: When I got to my activity, and content I started...It shows one page, than will not load anymore :(

Edit2: I found the topics I have made. Can not find any title that leads me to that. I know I posted a ton of information on this topic, but it was probably on other peoples topics, not ones I made. Considering I have over 15,000 posts, not to sure I will search that way. Wish I could help more.

The search function here is worthless. Type in "indian bigfoot legends", nothing.."indian bigfoot", nothing....I could never stand it. I know there are a ton of replies with those 2 words.(3)

@DieChecker sent me a message while I was in the can about the thread but the message doesn't have a link. Maybe he would know

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

@DieChecker sent me a message while I was in the can about the thread but the message doesn't have a link. Maybe he would know

I know I posted a bunch of information in different topics. I used to have all of this bookmarked, but pretty much lost the interest I had.

• Like 1

There is very little in way of physical evidence of the Wendigo. However most stories and legends agree that it is a malevolent spirit that possesses anyone who commits the act of cannibalism 

6 hours ago, godfist1 said:

There is very little in way of physical evidence of the Wendigo. However most stories and legends agree that it is a malevolent spirit that possesses anyone who commits the act of cannibalism 

:blink:

Read the whole thread before posting......

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 9:33 AM, Sakari said:

Search function isn't worthless. You just aren't using it effectively. Using just the box in the upper right for a multi-word search isn't too good, true. But that's what advanced search is for. Don't bother using the upper right box, skip right to advanced for stuff like this.

I don't know what you guys may or may not want to haul out of your archives, so I'm not gonna post threads for ya- but you only have around 30-40 comments with the word "Indian" in it in just a few threads under the crypto section of UM. So, not to derail here, but a quick tutorial to make everyones searching lives easier...

Click on the search icon- If you leave the box blank it will take you to the advanced search options screen. If you typed in text before you searched and it yields nothing, click the more search options link below your search. This will bring up the advanced search screen.

Type in your word or phrase you are looking for- Indian, Indian bigfoot. Use the "search by author" option and type in the name- Sakari. In the left column under "Content type", click on the "topics" option. This will bring up a list of the topics here to choose from. Choose the cryptid section. Enter your search.

Hope this helps :tu:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Piney said:

:blink:

Read the whole thread before posting......

Well, I have read the whole thread and just wanted to say to you and the others, thanks. It's been a very interesting read. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, R. Evans said:

Well, I have read the whole thread and just wanted to say to you and the others, thanks. It's been a very interesting read. 

and I'd like to say I like your avatar. :tu:

• Like 2

On 1/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, Piney said:

Here is one link, let me know if you need or want more:  https://bshistorian.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/native-american-myth-tradition-supports-bigfoot-a-critical-look/

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Search function isn't worthless. You just aren't using it effectively. Using just the box in the upper right for a multi-word search isn't too good, true. But that's what advanced search is for. Don't bother using the upper right box, skip right to advanced for stuff like this.

I don't know what you guys may or may not want to haul out of your archives, so I'm not gonna post threads for ya- but you only have around 30-40 comments with the word "Indian" in it in just a few threads under the crypto section of UM. So, not to derail here, but a quick tutorial to make everyones searching lives easier...

Click on the search icon- If you leave the box blank it will take you to the advanced search options screen. If you typed in text before you searched and it yields nothing, click the more search options link below your search. This will bring up the advanced search screen.

Type in your word or phrase you are looking for- Indian, Indian bigfoot. Use the "search by author" option and type in the name- Sakari. In the left column under "Content type", click on the "topics" option. This will bring up a list of the topics here to choose from. Choose the cryptid section. Enter your search.

Hope this helps :tu:

Thank you Rashore. I should have said " worthless to me as I can not figure it out " . Now I can.

• Like 1

The Che'nuu isn't a Bigfoot. It's another name for a Wiindii'go  and the 2 Lenape names for the Miisingk is just the Minsi and Unami pronounciation of the same word.

Among the Midi Medicine Society there is a type of clown that portrays the Wiindiigo. Their job is to scare children and adults who are acting up to walk flat.

......oops......I just wrote something on the net I wasn't alowed to talk about to outsiders......

• Like 2

On 1/15/2018 at 3:39 PM, Piney said:

Among the Midi Medicine Society there is a type of clown that portrays the Wiindiigo. Their job is to scare children and adults who are acting up to walk flat.

......oops......I just wrote something on the net I wasn't alowed to talk about to outsiders......

It's okay, we won't tell :wub:

• Like 2