Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

my ghostly work experiences

MadAbz

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

But that was the first thing they looked for in the testing....again and again ...the voices are coming from other places in the room too, other languages, etc., etc., etc.....Ok but like I said .... The hard-core skeptics must have an answer even when they don't.

No, I grew up around spiritualists. Even had children with one. If somebody was allowed to hold Leslie's throat while he was working I guarantee all voices came from him.

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, I grew up around spiritualists. Even had children with one. If somebody was allowed to hold Leslie's throat while he was working I guarantee all voices came from him.

Do you really think ventriloquism is that hard to detect from the most tested medium in British history? From link provided:

The medium was tested hundreds of times using all manner of controls and never once was found to have produced the voices or had any collaborator produce the voices.

Leslie Flint described himself as the most tested medium in all of history. In one instance, "He held a certain amount of pink water in his mouth. Then his mouth was sealed by an adhesive strip. After the séance, he returned the entire amount of water--quite a difficult achievement!" (http://www.tanika.com/04-Mediums/flint.htm).

The creativity of his testers was remarkable: "He was bound to a chair, his mouth sealed with tape. At other experiments he wore a throat microphone to detect possible vibrations in his vocal organs. He was observed through an infra-red viewer."
(http://www.xs4all.nl/~wichm/deathnoe.html)

At no time did sounds come from his mouth. In no tests by qualified, skeptical scientists, was anything found to be fake or deceptive.

And that is just the source of the voices the range of content and languages is another thing.

Here is a couple specific tests:

Quote from the Psychic News, February 14, 1948:

Reports in detail one experiment where he conducted a séance with elastoplast pressed over his lips, bandages over the elastoplast and his hands and legs tied to a chair. The observers concluded that in spite of the above restrictions the voices were soon speaking with their usual clarity, even shouting. Some twelve persons in the room all heard more than enough to convince the most obdurate skeptic that the sealing of Mr Flint's lips in no way prevented the unseen speakers from saying anything they wished. At the conclusion of the experiment they found the plaster and the cords intact and undisturbed.
(http://www.survivalafterdeath.org/experiments/direct-voice/flint.htm)

Rev. Drayton Thomas of the British Society for Psychical Research evaluated Leslie Flint. This is his account:

I placed over his [Leslie Flint's] tightly closed lips a strip of Elastoplast. It was five and a half inches long and two and a half inches wide and very strongly adhesive. This I pressed firmly over and into the crevices of the closed lips. A scarf was then tied tightly over this and the medium's hands tied firmly to the arms of his chair; another cord was so tied that he would be unable to bend down his head.
(http://www.tanika.com/04-Mediums/flint.htm)

His evaluation was that Leslie Flint had absolutely no part in producing the voices.

Edited by papageorge1

Your not going to convince me. Stop wasting your fingertips. I think the guy is on the same page as my grandfather. Full of ****.

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Your not going to convince me. 

At least you acknowledge that the call for evidence and testing and repeatability does not really matter in the end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

At least you acknowledge that the call for evidence and testing and repeatability does not really matter in the end.

Nope.

I was a mask carver, was destined to be a Metei'nu or Kiimochk'nii. I learned all the tricks of the trade. It's all rubbish. 

Just now, Piney said:

Nope.

I was a mask carver, was destined to be a Metei'nu or Kiimochk'nii. I learned all the tricks of the trade. It's all rubbish. 

I hadn't realized you know everything, sorry.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Piney said:

Your not going to convince me.

No one should have to. This thread has nothing to do with what you or anyone else does or doesn't believe. I cant believe how disrespectful people are here. Every thread that's even the least bit interesting turns into a mud slinging contest that has nothing to do with the intention of the thread. Let me let you in on something, not  everything is about you, or what you believe. Sometimes people like to share common stories, and shouldn't have to deal with their threads being high jacked. There are 20 other threads in this section where you guys have made your beliefs well known. Why do you have to ruin every one of them?  

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:49 AM, MadAbz said:

most of the thinks we saw happened on our dementia unit so when our residents saw something we did not know weather it was real of just their illness 

another story someone told me was of a particular resident who you just not stop crying, i mean this is nothing new. however as the shift went on she got more and more distraught she even begged the nurse to kill her. After around four hours of this she calmed down crying herself to sleep. only to wake up twenty minutes later saying "she won't let me sleep" they through it was an hallucination and as they couldn't give and form of calmer to this woman they did the old Shakespeare and acted along to see if it could help. 

the carer how is my friend  asked "where are they sat, i cant see them cause i have bad eyes" the resident apparently pointed to this old vanity table she had and said "shes been sat there for three days now" so my friend did the old "OK young lady you've had your fun, but now this woman needs her sleep and if you don't leave your in big trouble"

he said he went to the door and opened it ordering it vision to leave, after a moment he said "is she gone." and the woman nodded and he let the door close but as it slowly shut it suddenly stopped then slammed shut the rest of the way with a very large bang, he crapped himself the resident started to scream again and the lights flickered.

i side note on the doors, all of the bedroom doors are these large heavy fire doors and they are held back from slamming by this hydraulic system  on each door, basically it stops them from slamming, the y can break and an malfunction and what not but the odd this was the door stopping. to stop that door you have to hold it with at least one hand and a bit of force... who knows maybe there was a girl in that room     

Do you know if the lady was bothered again after?

This reminds me of an experience I had back when I was 18. Without writing a novel about it, I'll just say I had a really strange 5 months or so back when I was 18. In the middle of it I had a really bad week. I had the house to myself every night cause my room mate worked the night shift. It started the same way every night, when I went to bed. As soon as I laid down. First night it started out with little noises. Sounded like someone was trying to very quietly sneak down the hall past my room. Couple of small knocks on the wall, things like that. It was noticeable, but nothing to freak out over. I dismissed it as my imagination and just went to sleep.

Well every night it just got worse and worse for seven straight days. By the last night it sounded like there was a party going on in my living room. I heard what sounded like 20 people whispering all at once, with a occasional loud laughing sound. I could hear what sounded like people just running up and down the hall way, banging their fists on the wall as they went.  

I became convinced that there were actually people in my house. Which of course baffled me by that night, cause I was making sure the place was locked down tight before I went to bed. Anyhow I finally had enough. It took probably 20 minutes for me to get up off the bed and grab my baseball bat. I moved really slow cause the bed was noisy. I didn't want them to know I was coming. I had the bat in my hands, and was sitting on the bed hoping I wasn't just going completely crazy. And yet those noises got persistently louder, taunting even.

Finally I shot up slammed open my bedroom door, and aggressively turned on every light in the house as quickly as I could, ready to smash the first person I saw. I checked every corner, every closet, just everywhere. Its funny, but for one second I felt relief when I realized no one was there, quickly followed by a feeling of terror. No one was there.

There were a few more things that happened in the house over the next couple months, but the craziness I experienced that week ended that night. I couldn't help but think that my confrontation was what stopped it. That whatever was doing it, was only doing it cause they knew I would lay there terrified, cause that's exactly what I had done the 3 nights before. Once it (or whatever) saw I was willing to fight, that was enough to make it stop.   

Edited by preacherman76