Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Para Event Timing: Random, Local, Or Global

MyOtherAccount

From watching various paranormal investigation shows, it seems that opportunities to gather paranormal evidence come and go.

In an effort to understand these comings and goings, I have to assume the paranormal world to be like the physical world, as far as cause and effect. (It seems a safe assumption until proven otherwise.) So, it follows that there is a set of conditions for the ability to gather evidence some of the time, and likewise a different set of circumstances when there is no ability to gather evidence. 

To be able to understand all of the conditions that make accruing evidence possible, a set of suspected factors need to be gathered. My contribution to the set is Time. An example of what I am NOT talking about is 3:00am in each and every time zone around the world. What I AM talking about is the NOW that would exist if everyone on Earth were to shout NOW at the same moment. Such would be a synchronized effort.

If we have five investigative teams, equipped them with a watch that is set to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), and send each team to a different, know, active paranormal location to investigate; both Kansas Cities, Dallas National Cemetery, Saint Petersburg, Russia and Moscow, Russia. If the teams were to keep records of the beginning to end of GMT times in which they gathered paranormal information. And if we did so on other occasions, perhaps five, in other venues, we would accrue enough data to get a little idea as to if these things are happening at the same NOW or not.

The information would be able to help us determine if these events are locally synchronized (maybe a geological feature), globally synchronized (perhaps solar flares or the bumping of brain universes), or random. 

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to participate beyond the framing of this experimental proposal.

Thanks for your attention! MOA

I think the shows are just for entertainment/$$ and that they have never really made contact or collected any real evidence.

—————

But assuming the paranormal is real, I think it would be better to not have geographical locations grouped.

Eg. 6 separate teams at locations within evenly spaced time zones: GMT, +4, +8, +12, -8, -4.

Also they would need to run for at least 24 hour periods to include a full day/night cycle, and they would not be able to have any contact or knowledge of where the other teams are located to avoid fixing a result.

It would probably be better to completely remove humans from the equation: Set up the same monitoring system at each location which records video/sound and anything else they want to monitor with their wacky gadgets. Run them for a full week or longer and compare all the data.

• Like 1

Good to meet you Timonthy. (My family lived in Darwin for four years. Loved it!)

=====

Those are fantastic enhancements to the experiment. 

I would want to start from the paranormal investigation norms, then introduce one new factor at a time, just to make sure the factor does not nix the activity.

For example: There is a little known hypothesis, assuming the paranormal is real, that the people present--investigation team or seance--are unwittingly the catalyst causing the paranormal event.
(See: Science and the Paranormal; altered realities by Author Ellison.)

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful reply.

=====

16 hours ago, Timonthy said:
But assuming the paranormal is real

I guess after encountering so many unexplainable things*, I have no doubts any more. 

—MOA

Edited by MyOtherAccount

I’ve never been in NT or WA at all, but Darwin is definitely on a big list!

—————

So the paranormal may only be present sometimes, and the people may also need to be present for the paranormal to maybe manifest, which could reveal a pattern of when the paranormal are present if the two overlap?

So the basic experiment (without quantifying anything) should look something like this:

1. A globally random spread of geographical locations.  

2. Half of the locations considered paranormal/having a paranormal history, and half not. 

3. The same conventional and paranormal recording equipment set up at each location.

4. The equipment recording at each location constantly for a defined period of time without any human presence.

5. Paranormal and non paranormal people introduced to the locations geographically randomly but at synchronized times for defined time periods completing extremely controlled actions in synchronization until full days of/enough data is gathered.

6. The equipment again recording at each location constantly for a defined period of time without any human presence.

Then the data can be analyzed, conclusions made or singular variations made to the experiment for however many iterations are required until a conclusion is reached. 

—————

The major variable will be the human presence and trying to make that as controlled as possible.

If done on a large enough scale it would probably be most comprehensive experiment of its kind and I’d love if the results conclusively  showed that the paranormal is real, but I really would not have high hopes due to the lack of evidence since the beginning of human history and how easily some of the paranormal claims should be able to be proven. 

That would be an amazing experiment and the data gathered should be impressive!

--MOA

PS If you get to Darwin I have a daughter & son-in-law there. Make sure you go to the Thursday dusk Mindle Beach Markets--about 35 cultural foods and amazing sunsets...

• Like 1