Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Problem of Interpretation

Illyrius

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Power over self or power over others?

When you control others, do you have more personal freedom?

excellent questions.

in society, when you have power ower others you are feeling less restricted socially, but if you don't have a control over self, heh... humans have a double nature in my opinion - a lower and higher nature... so if lower nature is not tamed and you have social control over others... can be kinky a bit... dunno.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Power over self or power over others?

When you control others, do you have more personal freedom?

Just throwing my 2 cents in, for me power over self would have more freedom because when you have power over others one becomes responsible for them. Although if you have power over yourself there are some that will try to align themselves to you because they are followers by nature and as long as you do no exercise your will over them you are not responible to them.

jmccr8

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Just throwing my 2 cents in, for me power over self would have more freedom because when you have power over others one becomes responsible for them.

i see your point. but depends on morality. person without morals would just feel more free and unrestricted,(not being subject to laws of society) wouldn't care for others.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr. Argon said:

i see your point. but depends on morality. person without morals would just feel more free and unrestricted,(not being subject to laws of society) wouldn't care for others.

Yes that is true and I should have maybe included that in my reply. I do try to live a moral life and do exercise power over myself. There are times that I have done things that some may question but my actions were deliberate and thought out and in the interest of a positive outcome. Sometimes you have to break a couple of eggs to make an omelette.

jmccr8

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Yes that is true and I should have maybe included that in my reply. I do try to live a moral life and do exercise power over myself. There are times that I have done things that some may question but my actions were deliberate and thought out and in the interest of a positive outcome. Sometimes you have to break a couple of eggs to make an omelette.

jmccr8

i also try to live a moral life. i see myself morally strong and idealistic, but not a saint for sure. i care about feelings of people i respect and refrain from agressive lower nature, but i can get angry sometimes hahahaha.....

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Argon said:

i also try to live a moral life. i see myself morally strong and idealistic, but not a saint for sure. i care about feelings of people i respect and refrain from agressive lower nature, but i can get angry sometimes hahahaha.....

I am all out of likes again :tu: I use my anger as a motivator for myself and very few people have ever seen that side of me which is why I am very deliberate in how I do things. I take time to weigh as many postions of a situation before I take action and when I do there is no emotion involved. Reflex is different in that there may be no time to think but is relative to instinct and again not emotionally driven.

jmccr8

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I am all out of likes again :tu: I use my anger as a motivator for myself and very few people have ever seen that side of me which is why I am very deliberate in how I do things. I take time to weigh as many postions of a situation before I take action and when I do there is no emotion involved. Reflex is different in that there may be no time to think but is relative to instinct and again not emotionally driven.

jmccr8

:tu:

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 4:27 AM, Tatetopa said:

Nice.    Do you think  humans have an innate need to share a common vision or perception?  Maybe it is a basic survival mechanism shaped by danger and opportunity that has evolved along with society.  

A good insight to tie this with control over others.  If the view is compelling or the viewer is charismatic, others want to see as that one does.  Maybe that is why some ideas last through time, because they are compelling. Other ideas die as soon as that original leader goes away because it was only the leader's charisma that had influence.

I think that some do.  It takes quite a bit to suspend what you yourself might think in order to understand where someone else is coming from in order to gain the ability of being relevant to that person in particular.

I think when really powerful ideas and movements come about it is mostly due to the potential for it already existing across a population.  I think the ability for massive movements and ideas to go viral depends on the state of a sort of global subconscious.  What might become widespread and well known now might not have the same ability in a year' ttime or a year ago.

I think there's some sort of base state that most people adhere to for common vision and perception however I think this tends to be very superficial. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

I think when really powerful ideas and movements come about it is mostly due to the potential for it already existing across a population.  

Quite right..

Well said friend...

For change to happen, a shift of collective consciousness, must already be in motion..

And this shift is here, Now..

We each must have courage to do what is right, and follow through..

Season blessings to you and yours..xx

• Like 3

"Interpretation" is highly personal, it does seem.

• Like 1

My God is not your God, or, my atheism is not your atheism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

My God is not your God, or, my atheism is not your atheism.

Very True...

So YES , your Interpretation is Unique to you through your Experiences...

No 2 ways will be the same..

There will be a "familiarity" with others, Yet a Separateness...

Peace to you and yours..xx

• Like 1