Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Law of Attraction stories

Moon2900Scorpio

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Personally, if you found this ladies purse and returned it with or without money is enough in my eyes to suggest you extended a thoughtful gesture. For me, returning my ID and my purse and contents (cell phone) would matter more to me than the money. I would gladly lose the money to get these things back.

Why do you think it is important to argue that the level of ones morality is measured by the amount of money they have found and returned in their life? 

I wouldn’t go as far as to deem it immoral to find a purse with money in it and not return it. Instead, I would think it immoral ( wrong) to steal the purse and could see if you were arguing for morality under those circumstances. 

Well first it was 300.00 the it was 500.00 then it was 700.00 now it is the equivilant of 3000.00 kind of makes you wonder about inflation.:huh::whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Well first it was 300.00 the it was 500.00 then it was 700.00 now it is the equivilant of 3000.00 kind of makes you wonder about inflation.:huh::whistle:

jmccr8

Now that is funny like it alot mate..

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Personally, if you found this ladies purse and returned it with or without money is enough in my eyes to suggest you extended a thoughtful gesture. For me, returning my ID and my purse and contents (cell phone) would matter more to me than the money. I would gladly lose the money to get these things back.

Why do you think it is important to argue that the level of ones morality is measured by the amount of money they have found and returned in their life? 

I wouldn’t go as far as to deem it immoral to find a purse with money in it and not return it. Instead, I would think it immoral ( wrong) to steal the purse and could see if you were arguing for morality under those circumstances. 

Interesting...what I believe Walker to be saying is hes done some good deeds in his life an that he feels it has atributed to the lovely life he an his wife are experiencing now..Laws of attraction...he gave good hes getting good back..

• Like 1

MW, is arguing that morality is measured by the amount of money one returns.

I am interested in this only. 

Let’s stay on topic.

• Like 3

A good life is the culmination of good choices, some times hard choices, but choices none the less. Not magical thinking. Sure positive thoughts, feelings, and idea can inspire you to create a better life, so can pessimistic ideas as well. Just depends on the person and what they've chosen to do. Hold firmly in your mind the possibility of what you intend to do, then act on it consistently.

• Like 7

Wow I gota agree with you on this nicely said Xeno.Nothing is ever as easy as a,b,c it takes a combination of things at all times.Even then theres no garantees..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A good life is the culmination of good choices, some times hard choices, but choices none the less. Not magical thinking. Sure positive thoughts, feelings, and idea can inspire you to create a better life, so can pessimistic ideas as well. Just depends on the person and what they've chosen to do. Hold firmly in your mind the possibility of what you intend to do, then act on it consistently.

Indeed, there is wisdom in your post and a good life is subjective as you are pointing out. What constitutes a good life to me is not going to be the same for someone else. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6

On 11/12/2017 at 3:40 PM, Mr Walker said:

It is not my job to psychoanalyse you publicly, although, of course, it is irresistible to do so privately  :) 

LO0ooooL..°°°...!!!....

Funny Guy....... xx.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

jmccr8

I got round to checking the average  female wage fopr 1959 which was about 4 pounds a week The contents of the purse was about 15-20 pounds or   4 - 5 weeks wages for this woman.  Or more if she earned less than the average wage In australia at the time, which as a clerical worker, she probably did.  the  MINIMUM wage a person can be paid is now about $700 a week So in, today's terms, the money in the purse was worth  about  2800 to 3500 dollars or more And had an equivalent  spendig ability   i began with a guess of 500 dollars a week,  because that seemed a likely wage for a young clerical worker today,, but it was much too low . 

2 hours ago, Hre2breal said:

Interesting...what I believe Walker to be saying is hes done some good deeds in his life an that he feels it has atributed to the lovely life he an his wife are experiencing now..Laws of attraction...he gave good hes getting good back..

Basically yes although i see it in more psychological and moral/ ethical terms. If you do good you get a good reputation and in a community this has value Plus you get to feel good about yourself and this also has value in  happiness, a clear conscience, and self confidence and success.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, third_eye said:

I just woke up Mr Walker, so apologies for the preamble ... it is ability ...  not abilty ... there is still time enough for your modifications

Let's get things clear here for a start, though I do find much humor in many things I do not appreciate your assumptions brought forward here as representative of everything there is in my reality, you are not the total representative of all things worldly Mr Walker, difficult as that may be for you to believe. My perceptions are fine, worry you not for me, I do find what you claim as 'real' as you presented them humorous, not all I admit but mostly and when it is, it is quite total in its entirety.

I think the words you are struggling to find in a form of expression here is - 'grounded in reality' - when it comes to your so called tales disguised as 'experiences'

~

Everything Mr Walker ? It is hard enough to sieve just some miniscule fragment of believability, I think you ask too much of imagination and a tad too generous with creativity ... too much blurring the borders with the delusional for comfort to tell the truth.

Heavens forbid that the world may be different than you perceive or claims it to be eh Mr Walker ?

... lest you be telling me to forfeit my soul to the betterment of mankind and be just like you ... A song is required here ..

~

[00.03:05]

See ? My creativity and Imagination is fine ...

~

On the occasions that measures to the maxims of the purported claims, absolutely ... but you carry on ...

~

No Mr Walker ... you misunderstand ... I just don't believe you ... not one iota ... don't feel too bad ... mmmkay ?

your 'authority' you seek so desperately to claim here is merely a intransitive formation of pixels on a computer screen translated over the internet on a public forum ... intransient as you are intransigent of its ramifications or lack of ....

~

Not if you will kindly excuse me ... I have a cup of coffee that requires my undivided attention ...

That will do Mr Walker ... that will do ...

~

You neither have to believe me, nor take any notice of me, but according to the rules of the forum, and of civil behaviour, you first; should address the issues not the person; and second,  you should not make pejorative comments, or use ridicule or sarcasm, rather than address the debate. This may not be as much fun for you, but it is the correct form of behaviour in any form of debate.   .   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sherapy said:

There were no such things as mobile phones or credit card in those days but i understand  what you mean.  In the days, when cash was king, losing all your cash was like losing your credit card.   It is interesting that you see it a s THOUGHTFUL gesture i see it as an ethical imperative ie the right and only choice to make.

Yes it is a caring and compassionate thing to do, but you do it because it is right  Otherwise if you  were not caring and compassionate or disliked the person to whom it belonged, you would have no reason to return it  ie honesty and probity should not come from the heart, but from knowledge of right and wrong  

That argument was never raised or intended. The point was about how one is more likely to find money, when ones mind and eyes are open to doing so   (as in the law of attraction, to make something work, you must be aware and consciously attempting it)  

i gave an example of this, but also added how it benefited the woman and myself, in doing this.

One's morality could be measured differently, if they found traceable money and did not return it,  or if the y did. The different choices illustrate  different moralities and ethical standards.   The number of times would be irrelevant .

To me, not returning money with identification attached is stealing, and is just the same as stealing anything.  It is the same moral /ethical choice, and has the same consequences in harming another as if you took it from  their person. 

Untraceable money raises a different issue. I would probably keep small amounts,  say up to 50 dollars  but hand in large sums.   Some people hand in anything they find. .    

Edited by Mr Walker

7 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, there is wisdom in your post and a good life is subjective as you are pointing out. What constitutes a good life to me is not going to be the same for someone else. 

People get addicted to the idea of some kind of karmic balance, were if they put out enough happy thoughts and good deeds, everything will just fall into their lap. This is not the case. Sure an upbeat attitude contribute to a better subjective experience of life. Positive and constructive actions can improve your life, including those around you. However it is not a guarantee. Just because you've put out a lot of good mojo, doesn't mean you'll get it back. Some of the best people I've know have had the worst of lives. No amount of positive thinking and good intent changes anything, actions do. Just because you found and returned someone's purse doesn't automatically get you a +1 on the positive side of the karma scale. Even a pessimist can create a good life, because of their awareness of the fan and what's might hit it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

No amount of positive thinking and good intent changes anything, actions do. 

Peace to you Xeno ...xx..

The actions are directed by/from either Positive or Negative Thoughts.. Dependent on the directive from the mind, the body can't move till that is Decided...

So, Thinking or Thoughts, are first, then Action..

There are a lot more " Blessings " when Positive thoughts and Intention are combined with Action...•°•... 

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

You neither have to believe me, nor take any notice of me, but according to the rules of the forum, and of civil behaviour, you first; should address the issues not the person; and second,  you should not make pejorative comments, or use ridicule or sarcasm, rather than address the debate. This may not be as much fun for you, but it is the correct form of behaviour in any form of debate.   .   

No Mr Walker ... You first ... You go right ahead ... and you carry on ....

Let's see I see ...

~

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I got round to checking the average  female wage fopr 1959 which was about 4 pounds a week The contents of the purse was about 15-20 pounds or   4 - 5 weeks wages for this woman.  Or more if she earned less than the average wage In australia at the time, which as a clerical worker, she probably did.  the  MINIMUM wage a person can be paid is now about $700 a week So in, today's terms, the money in the purse was worth  about  2800 to 3500 dollars or more And had an equivalent  spendig ability   i began with a guess of 500 dollars a week,  because that seemed a likely wage for a young clerical worker today,, but it was much too low . 

You may be using a different source but mine says that the average wage for women in 1959 was 8-9 pounds weekly. The US dollar at that time was 1.12 to 1 Australian pound so I don't really see how you got your sum. Please show your math.

jmccr8

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

This is good advice and it applies to you too. IMHO, MW. You have given out what you have gotten back, if we are to go by your perception on the laws of attraction. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

People get addicted to the idea of some kind of karmic balance, were if they put out enough happy thoughts and good deeds, everything will just fall into their lap. This is not the case. Sure an upbeat attitude contribute to a better subjective experience of life. Positive and constructive actions can improve your life, including those around you. However it is not a guarantee. Just because you've put out a lot of good mojo, doesn't mean you'll get it back. Some of the best people I've know have had the worst of lives. No amount of positive thinking and good intent changes anything, actions do. Just because you found and returned someone's purse doesn't automatically get you a +1 on the positive side of the karma scale. Even a pessimist can create a good life, because of their awareness of the fan and what's might hit it.

For me, accepting what is and working from the reality as it presented itself has been the road to inner peace. I don’t/couldn’t shy away/deny the hardship, abuse, turmoil or anguish I have faced head on ( it is my way) and in doing so this style has been my saving grace. I respect my emotional nature as an integral part of myself and a bad day is a bad day, a good day is a good day; I call it what it is, I accept what is going on, I look for open doors and I “do” what needs to be done even when it is hard or grueling, or I want to bury my head in denial or avoid the whole mess. My understandings are not an abstraction or out of a book I have read, or some self help garble it is as the result of having experiences that I have had a choice to either let break me or inspire me. I am what changed to be what I wished to see ( Ghandi) but the caveat is it is up to others to take from it what they want and that may be nothing at all. I don’t get to decide what inspires others. I think pessimism has a place too. 

There are situations that are just awful and in the awfulness one might discover resilience, strength, peace, compassion, empathy and most of all rediscover hope. It certainly has for me many times.

“Some” of most together people I know kept getting back up no matter what life threw at them, they weren’t all rainbows and butterflies about things either. Lol, They called a spade a spade and admitted that life sucks at times, yet they saw an opportunity for growth in the challenge too. Some dude that returned a purse and tells the tale to get warm fuzzies is all fine and dandy, it has its place, we all need to celebrate our thoughtful deeds, but it isn't the stuff resilience, or wisdom or insight is gleaned from, or a guarantee of anything, for me, the people I am moved by really were dealt a crappy hand, made mistakes and took responsibility for their share, persevered, grew, and applied their insights to “be the change they wanted to see.” I want to hear what they have to say too,  thank you. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The best good deeds are those unspoken.

Yes!!!!! A lot of times a deed shared is more about greasing an ego, and affirming self absorption, then about revealing any applicable insight. 

I just happened to spot the difference, this round.

I see by the tone of your posts you have grown a lot. 

Good for you, it isn’t easy is it?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I see by the tone of your posts you have grown a lot. 

Good for you, it isn’t easy is it?

Never is and it shouldn't be. The act of creating the self is also one of destruction.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Never is and it shouldn't be. The act of creating the self is also one of destruction.

WOW, love this!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

For me, accepting what is and working from the reality as it presented itself has been the road to inner peace. I don’t/couldn’t shy away/deny the hardship, abuse, turmoil or anguish I have faced head on ( it is my way) and in doing so this style has been my saving grace. I respect my emotional nature as an integral part of myself and a bad day is a bad day, a good day is a good day; I call it what it is, I accept what is going on, I look for open doors and I “do” what needs to be done even when it is hard or grueling, or I want to bury my head in denial or avoid the whole mess. My understandings are not an abstraction or out of a book I have read, or some self help garble it is as the result of having experiences that I have had a choice to either let break me or inspire me. I am what changed to be what I wished to see ( Ghandi) but the caveat is it is up to others to take from it what they want and that may be nothing at all. I don’t get to decide what inspires others. I think pessimism has a place too. 

There are situations that are just awful and in the awfulness one might discover resilience, strength, peace, compassion, empathy and most of all rediscover hope. It certainly has for me many times.

“Some” of most together people I know kept getting back up no matter what life threw at them, they weren’t all rainbows and butterflies about things either. Lol, They called a spade a spade and admitted that life sucks at times, yet they saw an opportunity for growth in the challenge too. Some dude that returned a purse and tells the tale to get warm fuzzies is all fine and dandy, it has its place, we all need to celebrate our thoughtful deeds, but it isn't the stuff resilience, or wisdom or insight is gleaned from, or a guarantee of anything, for me, the people I am moved by really were dealt a crappy hand, made mistakes and took responsibility for their share, persevered, grew, and applied their insights to “be the change they wanted to see.” I want to hear what they have to say too,  thank you. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

giphy.gif

I am always so grateful you read my posts, you are such an inspirational young man to me. Wise beyond your years. A humble thank you, sir.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4