Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Law of Attraction stories

Moon2900Scorpio

So I have been trying to listen to Abraham Hicks, listening to YouTube videos, reading books about the law of Attraction.  I am interested to see if anyone out there has mastered the art or truth about this subject.  

• Like 1

You can not manifest anything through thought alone. What you can do is use visualization, affirmations, and actions to achieve goal. Anything outside of that fall into the realm of confirmation bias, wishful thinking, and/or magical thinking. 

Change the way you think, change the way you act, change your life.

intention4-300x227.png

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 8

Still working on the Lotto numbers without much luck.  :hmm: 

• Like 4

I've tried it, and came to the realization that it's core premise is false. Thoughts stir action, but it is action and action alone that causes change, not just thinking itself.

Supporters of it will then point a finger at me and say I didn't do it right, and thus the truly dark aspect of it comes forth. It blames everything negative in your life on you. Got raped? You attracted it to yourself through your thoughts, so it's your fault. Spouse dies? Your fault. (or possibly their fault since they could've attracted this reality to themselves) Incurable degenerative disease? Your fault... Get the picture?

It quickly becomes a sad case of victim blaming 101.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I've tried it, and came to the realization that it's core premise is false. Thoughts stir action, but it is action and action alone that causes change, not just thinking itself.

Supporters of it will then point a finger at me and say I didn't do it right, and thus the truly dark aspect of it comes forth. It blames everything negative in your life on you. Got raped? You attracted it to yourself through your thoughts, so it's your fault. Spouse dies? Your fault. (or possibly their fault since they could've attracted this reality to themselves) Incurable degenerative disease? Your fault... Get the picture?

It quickly becomes a sad case of victim blaming 101.

Yeah, you get the same "didn't do it right" in the occult communities as well.:rolleyes::lol:

• Like 5

This isn't to say that mindset doesn't play a roll in success. You need actions to support it, make it tangible. I think goal oriented thinking and a plan are the best approached. Wishing never got me anywhere.

• Like 8

You can dream about stuff all you want, but you have to go out and work for it, just like everything else. Things won't just come to you, unless you are extraordinarily lucky.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You can not manifest anything through thought alone. What you can do is use visualization, affirmations, and actions to achieve goal. Anything outside of that fall into the realm of confirmation bias, wishful thinking, and/or magical thinking. 

Change the way you think, change the way you act, change your life.

intention4-300x227.png

Two-thirds of god is go... In otherwords action!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Two-thirds of god is go... In otherwords action!

Go as in 'went' or 'left' ?

~

:yes:

~

• Like 4

Every positive action generates ripples in the waters of life.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Every positive action generates ripples in the waters of life.

Every action. Positive and negative can be highly subjective.

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

Every action. Positive and negative can be highly subjective.

I,was leaving that part for you.:tu:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I,was leaving that part for you.:tu:

The only thing I know is. You can either change how you look at things, or make the effort to actually create change. Doing both seems to work best.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

The only thing I know is. You can either change how you look at things, or make the effort to actually create change. Doing both seems to work best.

Do or do not--there is no try.     Yoda

• Like 3

Life is an ocean, broad and deep, on whose waters we each pilot our own ship, a ship of dreams. Some tarry in the shallows, clinging close to the shoreline, fearing the storms and the shoals and reefs they might be driven on to. Others run before the wind allowing it to drive them where it will, rudderless, directionless. Others plot their own course, tacking against the wind, faces worn by the vicissitudes of life, yet steadfast in their determination as they man the steering post, sailing, at last at sunset into safe harbor, their ports of call, unto the utmost reaches of life's illimitable sea.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Still working on the Lotto numbers without much luck.  :hmm: 

Apparently also not working for all those Rohingya refugees being killed or fleeing Myanmar, or [insert victims of various natural or man-made disasters]...

• Like 1

• Like 2

~

quote-there-are-more-tears-shed-over-ans

~

[00.02:48]

~

Happy Holidays ... one and all ...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

quote-there-are-more-tears-shed-over-ans

~

[00.02:48]

~

Happy Holidays ... one and all ...

A thousand likes for Roy Orbison.

Hauntingly beautiful. A legend who will live forever. 

• Like 3

I was alright

for a while

I was hap-py for a while

But then I saw you last night

you held my hand so tight 

as I stop-ped to say hello

I went to wish you well

but you couldn’t tell that

I was cry-y-y-y-ing

O-ver you

Agreed, Roy was the best.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I was alright

for a while

I was hap-py for a while

But then I saw you last night

you held my hand so tight 

as I stop-ped to say hello

I went to wish you well

but you couldn’t tell that

I was cry-y-y-y-ing

O-ver you

Agreed, Roy was the best.

And now of course I have to listen to it.

If Derailers Anonymous members were going to infiltrate this thread, at least it was with Roy Orbison. 

• Like 4

On 07/12/2017 at 2:28 AM, Moon2900Scorpio said:

So I have been trying to listen to Abraham Hicks, listening to YouTube videos, reading books about the law of Attraction.  I am interested to see if anyone out there has mastered the art or truth about this subject.  

The absolute Key to Manifestation,

After Imagination, Visualisation and Actualization towards Intent, You  need to Have FEELING.. You must Feel out the Whole Visual.. If, say its a car, Imagine the Car in All its Details, Then Actually Feel Yourself Driving the Car,  Whind the Window down, smell the Air, make it, what it Would be Like if You had it.. See it parked in the Drive Way, Feel how Happy you would Feel to Own it.. Do this Whenever You want, the More Practice the Better. Visualise and Feel the Image for say 20 minutes, and then gently release the Idea, let it out of Your Mind.. And Let the Universe, Mimic Back to You, Your Desire.. Have No SET IDEA of how you Think it might Plan Out. Just Trust that this Will happen and stay Alert for Signs. Don't have Doubt, no matter how Silly it May Feel.. You will get back what you put in.. And Be Genuinely Greatfill for what you Already have at this Moment, and the rest will fall in to place... xx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MauriOra said:

The absolute Key to Manifestation,

After Imagination, Visualisation and Actualization towards Intent, You  need to Have FEELING.. You must Feel out the Whole Visual.. If, say its a car, Imagine the Car in All its Details, Then Actually Feel Yourself Driving the Car,  Whind the Window down, smell the Air, make it, what it Would be Like if You had it.. See it parked in the Drive Way, Feel how Happy you would Feel to Own it.. Do this Whenever You want, the More Practice the Better. Visualise and Feel the Image for say 20 minutes, and then gently release the Idea, let it out of Your Mind.. And Let the Universe, Mimic Back to You, Your Desire.. Have No SET IDEA of how you Think it might Plan Out. Just Trust that this Will happen and stay Alert for Signs. Don't have Doubt, no matter how Silly it May Feel.. You will get back what you put in.. And Be Genuinely Greatfill for what you Already have at this Moment, and the rest will fall in to place... xx

This "think and feel" is all well and good, but without actions, it's a nice idea. A fantasy. If what you're thinking about doesn't generate motivation in and of itself, they you make plans and take actions accordingly. You'll never have a new car. The only case being self-fulfilling actions in which you might wreck your current vehicle. 

A self-fulfilling prophecy involves making a prediction based upon a false definition.  Once made, actions based on the false definition set in motion behavior that result in outcomes that ‘prove’ the initial prediction true.

Source

Then you have issues such as.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Willful_ignorance (especially this one)

Plus we all have a tendency to focus on the success rather than failure of our efforts. This is more true in the L.O.A. communities. While creative visualization has been shown to affect the same neural pathways that it takes to perform an activity. Athlete mentally practicing free throws or people imagining flexing there muscles intensely this doesn't extend to objective reality, except through physical actions.

You end up with nothing more than wishful thinking.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moralistic_fallacy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This "think and feel" is all well and good, but without actions, it's a nice idea. A fantasy. If what you're thinking about doesn't generate motivation in and of itself, they you make plans and take actions accordingly. You'll never have a new car. The only case being self-fulfilling actions in which you might wreck your current vehicle. 

Then you have issues such as.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Willful_ignorance (especially this one)

Plus we all have a tendency to focus on the success rather than failure of our efforts. This is more true in the L.O.A. communities. While creative visualization has been shown to affect the same neural pathways that it takes to perform an activity. Athlete mentally practicing free throws or people imagining flexing there muscles intensely this doesn't extend to objective reality, except through physical actions.

You end up with nothing more than wishful thinking.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moralistic_fallacy

Thankyou For the Information Xeno.. Though I'm Quite Fine Within What I Know..

I Know about Manifesting Friend.. Your Idea may ring True ForYou. Not For Me.. I do really Appreciate all Your Help though.. I have Read Many of Your Posts, and Honestly, You have a Fine Mind, and My Friend, I Do Also. I'm trying to figure What the Intent is in Trying to Sway Me from What I Really Know to Be True... I am quite Fine Xeno and not in Need of Advice, though Should I Be, I know Your the One to call on..

Good Looking Out Friend!! ...xx