Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Human race has now peaked

seeder

The human race has PEAKED: Study says we have hit the limit for height, lifespan and physical performance - and could soon move backwards

Researchers reviewed 120 years worth of historical information
     Suggests there is a maximum threshold to our biological limits
    Say climate change and other factors could mean the limits move lower

Humans may have reached their peak - and could soon start moving backward, a chilling new report has warned.

Experts analysed  120 years worth of historical information, and concluded maximum limits for height, lifespan and physical performance have been met.

In fact, they warn human impacts on the environment - including climate change - could mean we will soon never reach these limits again.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5153019/The-human-race-PEAKED-moving-backwards.html#ixzz50aO9GCGR

• Like 4

• Like 3

120 years of data? That's like saying in the past five minutes we haven't progressed so we must have peaked.

I predict that within 3 Olympic cycles a new Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps etc will emerge. They always do.

Our dependence on technology capping our intellect, and pollution in our environment definitely has a detrimental effect on a large part of the population in my opinion, but climate change? Unless it causes an extinction event probably not a limiting factor. We are a pretty adaptive species.

edit: I just watched that make it work video and I am equally amused and disturbed...

Edited by BorizBadinov
because I forget stuff

Humanity will now decline for the next 10,000-something years, or we could go extinct as early as 2030 AD, according to a YT video I watched. The developed world (The USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, new Zealand, and East Asia such as Japan and South Korea) may be on the top of living standards, but it's in general decline for some time. And in the 20th century, the collapse of the Soviet Union, half of the French empire gone, and the British empire pretty much is back to being an island. Examples of societal collapse in economics, government and culture. But we're discussing our supposedly healthier and longer-living current situation of the human race, our children and descendants will not be as healthy, tall (more are fatter), smart (lowered iQ?) and have shorter live spans - I'm not sure most of us alive (under 37...that's me) will live to the years 2100 or 2121. 

2 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Humanity will now decline for the next 10,000-something years, or we could go extinct as early as 2030 AD, according to a YT video I watched. The developed world (The USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, new Zealand, and East Asia such as Japan and South Korea) may be on the top of living standards, but it's in general decline for some time. And in the 20th century, the collapse of the Soviet Union, half of the French empire gone, and the British empire pretty much is back to being an island. Examples of societal collapse in economics, government and culture. But we're discussing our supposedly healthier and longer-living current situation of the human race, our children and descendants will not be as healthy, tall (more are fatter), smart (lowered iQ?) and have shorter live spans - I'm not sure most of us alive (under 37...that's me) will live to the years 2100 or 2121. 

Pessimism.:tu:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Pessimism.:tu:

You love it......

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

You love it......

Meh, not much love for it. Things always tend to balance out. We won't like it, but it'll eventually happen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Meh, not much love for it. Things always tend to balance out. We won't like it, but it'll eventually happen.

Nothing bothers me a bit. I laugh at everything going on......except when kids get killed...... That hurts....it shouldn't ....but it does. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nothing bothers me a bit. I laugh at everything going on......except when kids get killed...... That hurts....it shouldn't ....but it does. 

The kids are our future. That's why it hurts. But there will come a time when we run out of oil, they'll be war for the last of it, then will come famine times, and we'll war over food, after that it'll be over water. If anyone's left that is. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

The kids are our future. That's why it hurts. But there will come a time when we run out of oil, they'll be war for the last of it, then will come famine times, and we'll war over food, after that it'll be over water. If anyone's left that is. 

I'm off the grid and self sufficient and there's horses around if I need one. So that doesn't even bother me. Mindless violence and war over something as stupid as religion. Mass shootings. That's what bothers me.  

• Like 2

Both religion and politics are the worst. Governments don't actually exist, we're just addicted to the illusions they provide. If religion was solely kept on a personal level. I don't think we'd have many faith fueled problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Bo If religion was solely kept on a personal level. I don't think we'd have many faith fueled problems.

That's what we Indians believe.

Any real Meteiinu will tell you "nobody knows for sure" and that's why we call them "spiritual advisers". Not "spiritual leaders".

1 minute ago, Piney said:

That's what we Indians believe.

Any real Meteiinu will tell you "nobody knows for sure" and that's why we call them "spiritual advisers". Not "spiritual leaders".

I've got some native American blood in my veins. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

I've got some native American blood in my veins. 

:lol: Like every other old line North and South American. If one of your ancestors was a settler there's a redskin xhwe  (pronounced shkway) in the barn....

Ah well, it was a nice run.

Eat dessert first, folks.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 9:39 PM, XenoFish said:

Oil is not as vital as it used to be and by the time we will reach the end of oil, the alternatives will be numerous and cheap. There are plenty of countries right now who don't have oil and are interested in cutting oil imports to improve their commercial balance with the rest of the world, China, Japan and South Korea among them, they won't stand to go back to Stone Age because of oil prices. The real challenge was with transportation, but even this seems to be not even a decade away from being solved. 

Will some countries or even regions fail to adapt? Probably. It could be the end of the Arabia Peninsula's wealth. But the whole world won't come to a stop, it never had in the last 5,000 years of civilization, there always some regions who thrive.