Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anger

Illyrius

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I have no idea how many hours total I've spend playing The Binding of Isaac and TBOI: Rebirth.

i played thief the dark project, and some other fantasy games.

never got angry when playing pc games, only chess. but even that phase passed. dont get angry if defeated anymore. strange.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

send a video please if crushing happens :D

Haha, maybe we need to start dedicated PUBG and Fortnite threads in the gaming section! 

• Like 1

Just now, Timonthy said:

Haha, maybe we need to start dedicated PUBG and Fortnite threads in the gaming section! 

LOL!

13 hours ago, Timonthy said:

(3) Healthy emotions and positive responses can come from games. We’ve moved into an era where there is so much creative force behind gaming. It’s not just about mashing buttons or hours behind the keyboard, there are games which are more about the experience than actually pressing the buttons. They’re like a story or work of art, stretched out and interactive, rather than the idea of a classic game. 

This is totaly true. Some games are very inspirational to me. they don't get me angry at all. i just enjoy them. A bit of excitement and challenge, but nowhere near strong anger.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

dont get angry if defeated anymore. strange.

Probably because you realize that it doesn't really matter. It's just a game.

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Probably because you realize that it doesn't really matter. It's just a game.

heh.. i think that is not the reason. i was more passionate about it then. i got immersed into every detail without realising how just one move can drastically change everything. (i mean not the obvious blunder, but a subtle miscalculation) now i approach it more maturely, ready for defeat but enjoying a challenge. it is a game in a sense but a much more too. almost an art.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Will Due said:

Whenever I feel the urge to be angry I try to remember this:

"Anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet's nest."

KiaOraRa Will... I hope you are Well. 

Yes, this is So True....

If Anger is expressed with Negative Intensity, Then that is what will return back to You...

Hornets are fierce..... Lol..

Peace to you and yours My Friend *∆*

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Hornets are fierce..... Lol..

don't know why i like to shake their nests. maybe i'm a bit of a lunatic.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

I understand videogames as pieces of art. They can convey many emotions which in disagreement with ouija_ouija I believe they are natural because come from other human beings. Even the most simplistic games carry something from the developer. Life is strange, The Last of Us, Journey (just to name a few) are incredible experiences that I recommend to any human to experiment. Games are now more wider, diverse and accesible than ever, the indie scene has changed many things and I can go from The Rebirth of Isaac to The Crypt of the Necrodancer and have a really good time. The last indie game I played was "banished" which was created by 1 single man during 8 years and it's amazing. 

I do feel frustrated sometimes, for example, in Minecraft once I was mining very deep with all my cool armor and stuff on (took me lots of hours to get it) just to fall in a pit of lava and lose everything instantly. I wasn't mad at the game, I was mad at me for being reckless. Luckily I had a save-game and I could get my gear back. I think I was frustrated because I realised for 2 o 3 seconds that I wasted so much time for nothing. 

• Like 2

it is interesting this topic got a bit more focused on gaming than anger itself. where are the hornets?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Argon said:

don't know why i like to shake their nests. maybe i'm a bit of a lunatic.

Hahahaha....!!

Your Right... ..!!!...

Lol...

• Like 1