Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed

ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

More evidence of Republican voter suppression.

Already preparing to lose. Are they able to call the complaints in or are they recorded on the spot somewhere...in person?

For like ten years, every time I went in to vote they had no record of me, even though I hadn't moved, gotten married or divorced and had everything in order. I pointed it out every time, on the spot, and they straightened it out. Then the same thing the next election. It never failed...local or national...no record. But I had my voter registration card.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

25% turnout  shouldn't take long to count.

what is a write in?

A write in is when you don't like either person running and you write in the person you prefer.

• Like 4

Just now, Michelle said:

A write in is when you don't like either person running and you write in the person you prefer.

Thanks Michelle

• Like 2

If anybody is interested in meaningless figures the NYT has some fancy  calculations currently giving a 52 % chance Jones wins - ohh just dropped to 51% - oh no back to toss up.

Now back to 51% with a margin of 0.4% points. Based on 2% of votes counted.

Sadly while I won't bet a penny on these figures - I am one of those sad individuals who will sit here for hours watching meaningless changes in these numbers.

I really need to get a life

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Already preparing to lose. Are they able to call the complaints in or are they recorded on the spot somewhere...in person?

For like ten years, every time I went in to vote they had no record of me, even though I hadn't moved and had everything in order. I pointed it out every time, on the spot, and they straightened it out. Then the same thing the next election. It never failed...local or national...no record. But I had my voter registration card.

Unfortunately the same doesn't seem to be applied to minorities. This has been well-documented.

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Unfortunately the same doesn't seem to be applied to minorities. This has been well-documented.

So, we automatically blame their problems on racists. Makes all the sense in the world to me. It's the same logic as all Mexicans are illegal and all Muslims are terrorists.

I don't expect you to see the similarities...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

If anybody is interested in meaningless figures the NYT has some fancy  calculations currently giving a 52 % chance Jones wins - ohh just dropped to 51% - oh no back to toss up.

Now back to 51% with a margin of 0.4% points. Based on 2% of votes counted.

Sadly while I won't bet a penny on these figures - I am one of those sad individuals who will sit here for hours watching meaningless changes in these numbers.

I really need to get a life

Are you kidding? :lol:

I come here looking for someone, who has been keeping tabs on a hot button topic, for them to keep me updated. Thank you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I pointed it out every time, on the spot, and they straightened it out.

For a time in Northern Ireland if you turned up to vote and you couildn't - sometimes because you had already voted earlier that day, or someone else letting on to be you had voted on your card - the clerks gave you a polling sheet anyway - I was never convinced this 'replacement sheet' actually counted.

In Northern Ireland at that stage the saying "Vote Early Vote Often' was a common refrain.

BTW numbers turned to 51% chance Moore going to win. at 7% of count.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So, we automatically blame their problems on racists. Makes all the sense in the world to me. It's the same logic as all Mexicans are illegal and all Muslims are terrorists.

I don't expect you to see the similarities...

It has been well documented. This is something that happens.

Just now, RAyMO said:

For a time in Northern Ireland if you turned up to vote and you couildn't - sometimes because you had already voted earlier that day, or someone else letting on to be you had voted on your card - the clerks gave you a polling sheet anyway - I was never convinced this 'replacement sheet' actually counted.

In Northern Ireland at that stage the saying "Vote Early Vote Often' was a common refrain.

BTW numbers turned to 51% chance Moore going to win. at 7% of count.

Over the years I became very familiar with the people who worked the election in our precinct. It happened to a disabled friend of mine and was thoroughly checked out...the earlier vote was made null and void. I guess they didn't think he would make the effort to show up in person and vote. The replacement sheet, with his verifiable information, was used.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It has been well documented. This is something that happens.

I remember the Black Panthers well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The replacement sheet, with his verifiable information, was used.

Unfortunately in Northern Ireland at a stage it wasn't the odd person - it was almost the norm.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

22% counted 63% chance Jones win by 2.1 points.

I think something has broke the NY Times algorithm

• Like 2

30% reporting.

Moore 52% (up 19,000 votes)

Jones 46%

New York Times says Moore has 75% chance of winning

Edited by .ZZ.

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

New York Times says Moor has 57% chance of winning

weird -

Moore 51.8%

Jones 46.9%

76% chance of Jones win

32% reporting

NY Times https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Urban votes will take longer to be counted and come in

The thing is broke - now has jones 86% chance although he is making no headway in actual count - still 51 - 47.5

• Like 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

The thing is broke - now has jones 86% chance although he is making no headway in actual count - still 51 - 47.5

Rural votes (Moore's strength) will come in quicker.

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

I just saw that, their "dials" are jumping up and down. I just saw where Jones has a 90% chance! WTH is going on here?

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

WTH is going on here?

Fake news.

• Like 3

Just now, Will Due said:

Fake news.

What, did Moore lose and he's claiming "rigged system" already?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

What, did Moore lose and he's claiming "rigged system" already?

Not yet.

But his horse is probably chomping at the bit.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2