Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed

ExpandMyMind

An expert has concluded that Roy Moore inscribed a message in the yearbook of a woman who says he sexually assaulted her when she was 16, according to the accuser's lawyer.

Moore for weeks has denied that the 1977 message was his handwriting and said he doesn't remember the woman, Beverly Young Nelson. But in a news conference Friday in Atlanta, attorney Gloria Allred said handwriting expert Arthur T. Anthony compared the yearbook signature to others by Moore in the years since and determined he wrote the decades-old entry.

“To a sweeter, more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, D.A.” reads the yearbook.

Below it is written a date, "12-22-1977," and "Olde Hickory House," the restaurant where Young worked. Moore supporters used discrepancies in the handwriting between those notes and the message to bring the entry into question, but Young said she wrote the notes herself to remember when and where a man she respected wrote the message.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/roy-moore-accuser-yearbook-entry-notes-handwriting/14390831

I'm surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to this already. The GOP will pay dearly for their support of this man and others - likely in 2018, but, if not, then certainly in the future (they've already lost practically a whole generation of millennials due to the internet. And this will be burned into their memories forever, you can be sure of that) - while at the same time the Dems will reap the benefits from rightly ostracising and ultimately expelling Franken. People will not forget supporting a paedophile. Politically, it's not like having an affair or even taking a kickback - there's no road to redemption.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

http://www.wcvb.com/article/roy-moore-accuser-yearbook-entry-notes-handwriting/14390831

I'm surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to this already. The GOP will pay dearly for their support of this man and others - likely in 2018, but, if not, then certainly in the future (they've already lost practically a whole generation of millennials due to the internet. And this will be burned into their memories forever, you can be sure of that) - while at the same time the Dems will reap the benefits from rightly ostracising and ultimately expelling Franken. People will not forget supporting a paedophile. Politically, it's not like having an affair or even taking a kickback - there's no road to redemption.

But should we now believe every other claim she has made?

10 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

A whole generation you say. You have a huge point there. Now I understand really why such a big push from the far right reps to undermine the republican party. Take as much as you can now.

Need to think about it a bit more.

Btw. Is it possible that Roy Moore is a peadophile? 

Glad to see Fox News retracting a story that claimed the woman forged the inscription:

Beverly Young Nelson said she added “notes” to a yearbook inscription by Moore, Fox News said she “forged” it

Fox News felt a wave of outrage after publishing a misleading story which said one of the women who has accused Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexual abuse "forged" part of her yearbook inscription signed by the Republican.

The Fox News story was published after Beverly Young Nelson sat down with "Good Morning Amerca's" Tom Llamas which aired on Friday. In the interview, Nelson said she made "notes" under Moore's inscription. In a news conference later on, Nelson's lawyer, Gloria Allred, said Nelson had written the notes so she could remember who Moore was and when and where he had signed the book, according to ABC News.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/08/fox-news-deletes-misleading-headline-blaming-roy-moore-accuser-of-forgery/

Unfortunately they did go with the headline:

Roy Moore accuser admits she wrote part of yearbook inscription attributed to Alabama Senate candidate

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-part-yearbook-inscription-attributed-to-alabama-senate-candidate.html

Along with the New York Times:

Moore Accuser Says She Wrote Part of Yearbook Inscription

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/08/us/alabama-moore-nelson-allred.html

For the record, she has always maintained that she wrote the date and place of the note. Her story has never changed.

What do both the New York Times and Fox have in common? They are owned by Rupert Murdoch. So, chalk him up as another supporter of child molesters.

• Like 1

Roy Moore didn't sign his name "Roy Moore DA"; his legal assistant appended her initials, "DA", to a stamped "Roy Moore" on court papers to show it was official. DA didn't start working for Moore until 1987 (I think), so it's very hard to see how her initials showed up on a 'genuine' 1977 signature.

The expert's opinion impeaches the expert.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

For the record, she has always maintained that she wrote the date and place of the note. Her story has never changed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, odas said:

A whole generation you say. You have a huge point there. Now I understand really why such a big push from the far right reps to undermine the republican party. Take as much as you can now.

Need to think about it a bit more.

Btw. Is it possible that Roy Moore is a peadophile? 

Yes, regarding the whole generation and it will only get worse with the recent actions of the GOP.

Moore has been accused by multiple women, all relaying credible stories. Far right supporters have accused the women of lying, of the news outlets being wrong about them, but here's something very, very interesting:

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html

That whole story is actually incredible and it really shows just how rigorous these outlets are at vetting these sort of claims before publishing. A US Republican politicians previously had called out for people to try to fake these stories to show how "easy" it is and it has backfired spectacularly. The NYT replied to him, I believe, that they have had multiple attempts to try to sell them on fake stories similar to this. 

I believe the women. You have to, when you know they have been vetted so well and when so many come forward with similar stories. The woman from teh original post has been a Republican all her life - she has no reason to lie about this. She has received death threats and all sorts since this, so I applaud her bravery.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That whole story is actually incredible and it really shows just how rigorous these outlets are at vetting these sort of claims before publishing.

This is a joke right?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I stand corrected. But the fact remains, it has been independently verified by an expert that he wrote the note.

It must be noted, however, that she is obviously in distress in the video. If you look at the note you can see that she even reads it in the wrong order - the signature comes before the date and place, not after. So, given the stress caused by the whole circus, I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude that she might just have been overwhelmed. Sexual assault has that affect on the victims.

At the end of the day, you can't say you believe the Franken accusers, or Weinstein accusers, or the Spacey accusers, and say that you don't believe the Moore accusers - especially when so many people have come out and basically stated that it is an open secret that Moore is into children.

#Ibelievethewomen 

Democratic senators are also about to release a list of politicians accused of sexual harassment fairly soon, I believe. Now this is what I call draining the swamp!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Democratic senators are also about to release a list of politicians accused of sexual harassment fairly soon, I believe. Now this is what I call draining the swamp!

Good on them, I will be watching.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

Roy Moore didn't sign his name "Roy Moore DA"; his legal assistant appended her initials, "DA", to a stamped "Roy Moore" on court papers to show it was official. DA didn't start working for Moore until 1987 (I think), so it's very hard to see how her initials showed up on a 'genuine' 1977 signature.

The expert's opinion impeaches the expert.

Roy Moore became District Attorney in '77. Correction - assistant DA.

How would this woman have acquired court papers?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, gertdogg said:

This is a joke right?

Well it's certainly an hilarious attempt to discredit The Washington Post. Is that what you meant?

Here is a more detailed timeline of the events: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/womans-effort-to-infiltrate-the-washington-post-dates-back-months/2017/11/29/ce95e01a-d51e-11e7-b62d-d9345ced896d_story.html?utm_term=.5c4b67546df3

You can see just how thorough the WaPo was when vetting the woman.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Roy Moore became District Attorney in '77.

How would this woman have acquired court papers?

I thought he was assistant DA at that time and the guy who had authorization to sign things for Moore initials were "DA" and he wrote that to make that clear.

Edited by .ZZ.

The fact remains that you cannot even consider electing any official accused by so many women of crimes of this nature. You just can't. I really liked Franken for his net neutrality work and a few other things I had seen him speak of, but as soon as the women came forward, as soon as I saw that picture really, I though "**** him". You cannot have elected officials who have been accused of such heinous crimes by so many credible women. You simply cannot. 

Even Paul Ryan has said Moore should not run for office and that he believes the women.

McConnell said the same, at least until it became clear that the voters were likely going to vote for the man anyway and so McConnell would be politically covered.

I don't think people who are close to this can properly see the absolute disgust the GOP has caused not just in the US but worldwide. The support of Moore is a travesty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Even Paul Ryan has said Moore should not run for office and that he believes the women.

Even Ivanka agrees.

ETA: I'm not going to defend Moore, I just like it when the facts get presented.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I thought he was assistant DA at that time and the guy who had authorization to sign things for Moore initials were "DA" and he wrote that to note to make that clear.

True, but 'DA' could just mean DA's office, or maybe he was trying to impress her or any number of reasons that he could have written that.

Actually, scrap that, this is part of what she says she wrote - D.A., as a way to remind herself of it.

09allred-2-master675.jpg

After the signature was printed “D.A.,” and below it was written “12-22-77 Olde Hickory House,” with those words also printed.

At the news conference on Nov. 13, Ms. Allred read out loud the entire entry, not making a distinction between the different parts. On Friday, she said that Ms. Nelson added the printed parts “to remind herself who Roy Moore was, and where and when Mr. Moore signed her yearbook.”

We seem to be glossing over the fact that there are 8 more women. 8.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

14 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Even Ivanka agrees.

ETA: I'm not going to defend Moore, I just like it when the facts get presented.

And I appreciated you correcting me on that, because I genuinely believed the story hadn't changed. Facts are where the meat is, but if you look at any sexual assault allegation you can see that the reason so many women don't come forward is because it's so hard to even be heard initially, never mind believed. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

True, but 'DA' could just mean DA's office, or maybe he was trying to impress her or any number of reasons that he could have written that.

Actually, scrap that, this is part of what she says she wrote - D.A., as a way to remind herself of it.

Considering how traumatic that whole thing was for her, I don't think she would need a reminder...

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Considering how traumatic that whole thing was for her, I don't think she would need a reminder...

A reminder of where and when he signed the yearbook, I assume she means. Not who he was.

19 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I thought he was assistant DA at that time and the guy who had authorization to sign things for Moore initials were "DA" and he wrote that to make that clear.

Actually, I'm not sure that this has actually been verified. I know it has been portrayed as true, but has anyone seen the documents?

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Actually, I'm not sure that this has actually been verified. I know it has been portrayed as true, but has anyone seen the documents?

I couldn't think of it until now :unsure: but it was "Power of Attorney"

I'm checking on it as we speak...

An interesting opinion piece outlining the the difference in tone betweeny the two parties regarding these sorts of allegations:

Franken's resignation shows that only one of our two great parties has any integrity

As I argued in a piece today at The Week, when it comes to sex scandals, it’s usually the most guilty, least repentant politicians who wind up surviving, whether it’s Bill Clinton or Roy Moore or Donald Trump. Those latter two have seen their party go through the same cycle: At first the party (or at least significant portions of it) is outraged at revelations of their misbehavior and withdraws its support for their candidacy. But then, when it appears that the offender is not politically doomed, they come back to stand behind him.

Many Republicans rescinded their support for Trump after the release of the “Access Hollywood” tape, but then rallied around him once it became evident that his candidacy had not been destroyed. And now they’ve done the same with Moore. The president has endorsed Moore, the Republican National Committee is supporting him, and leaders such as Mitch McConnell say that it’s up to the people of Alabama to decide his fate. And just wait: If Moore wins on Tuesday, they’ll say that the voters rendered their judgment and we all need to move on, which is exactly what they say whenever the issue of Trump’s own history of sexual assault is brought up.

It has never been clearer than it is right now: While abusers come from every region, every religion, every race, every economic class and every political orientation, the Democratic Party is taking the issue of sexual harassment seriously and is willing to cast out its own if they’ve been credibly accused. The Republican Party does not take the issue seriously and is perfectly happy to tolerate serial abusers in its midst — even an accused child molester — if there might be a political cost to turning its back on them.

Whatever else you might think about those parties, right now one of them is acting with some integrity. The other is not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/12/07/frankens-resignation-shows-that-only-one-of-our-two-great-parties-has-any-integrity/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Related: 

Anti-Trump conservatives place $500,000 ad buy against Roy Moore

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — Stand Up Republic, a 501(c)4 group co-founded by former independent anti-Trump presidential candidate Evan McMullin, is spending $500,000 on digital and TV ads that ask Alabama conservatives to reject Republican nominee Roy Moore’s Senate bid.

In two 30-second spots, the group presents Moore as an unacceptable choice for conservatives — but does not suggest a particular alternative. In one ad, a Republican voter named Robert du Buys works in his yard, recounts his lifetime of party-line voting, and says Moore “makes Republicans and us Christians look bad.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/12/08/anti-trump-conservatives-place-500000-ad-buy-against-roy-moore/

Ex-Breitbart spokesman comes out as a Democrat over Trump support of Moore

A former spokesman for GOP lawmakers and Breitbart News is leaving the Republican Party for the Democratic Party over GOP leaders' support of Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore.

Kurt Bardella, a former spokesman for Breitbart, wrote in an op-ed for USA Today that he can no longer support the Republican party after President Trump and other leaders backed Moore, who is facing allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct involving teenagers.

“President Trump and the Republican National Committee are endorsing, supporting and funding Moore because they would rather elect a sexual predator who preys on underage teenagers at the local mall, than a crime-fighting prosecutor who happens to be a Democrat,” Bardella wrote.

“This is not a party I want to be associated with any longer. This is not a party that is trustworthy enough to protect innocent children from sexual predators.”

http://thehill.com/media/363914-ex-breitbart-spokesman-comes-out-as-a-democrat-over-trump-support-of-moore

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Textbook co-authored by Roy Moore in 2011 says women shouldn’t run for office The course is also critical of the women's suffrage movement.

https://thinkprogress.org/moore-study-course-vison-forum-135402ed8816/

Romney: Roy Moore 'is unfit for office and should step aside'

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/359773-romney-roy-moore-is-unfit-for-office-and-should-step-aside

70 Alabama pastors: “No person of faith can, in good conscience, support” Roy Moore

https://shareblue.com/70-alabama-pastors-no-person-of-faith-can-in-good-conscience-support-roy-moore/

• Like 2

Didn't she just admit that she wrote i the restaurant name and date herself?  That, coupled with the fact that the restaurant she worked at when she was 16(?) wasn't even there when she was 16 pretty much means this woman is a liar and a fraud, right?

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Textbook co-authored by Roy Moore in 2011 says women shouldn’t run for office The course is also critical of the women's suffrage movement.

https://thinkprogress.org/moore-study-course-vison-forum-135402ed8816/

Romney: Roy Moore 'is unfit for office and should step aside'

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/359773-romney-roy-moore-is-unfit-for-office-and-should-step-aside

70 Alabama pastors: “No person of faith can, in good conscience, support” Roy Moore

https://shareblue.com/70-alabama-pastors-no-person-of-faith-can-in-good-conscience-support-roy-moore/

Thanks for posting a bunch of radical left wing articles that no one without a serious bias would tread.  Facts, not opinions please and you aren't even an American so why are you chiming in on an Alabama senate race?  LMAO

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1