Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lego-mad couple make Christmas doll's house

Still Waters

A Lego-mad couple are creating a giant brick-built Christmas decoration in their home for the 24th year running.

Mike Addis and Catherine Weightman are using 350,000 Lego pieces to build an 8ft (2.4m) doll's house in their Cambridgeshire lounge.

In the past they have built Christmas-themed Daleks, angels and a cathedral.

It is due to be finished before the festivities begin, but the couple admit their now grown-up children are "too embarrassed" to join in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-42267496

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-20851315

• Like 5

Hey! Nothing wrong with being "Lego mad" . I have a "Star Wars/ Justice League/ Marvel" Lego wall and a plastic tool trunk full of them!  :tu:

• Like 4

Yep, a shared passion is a fine building block for a happy marriage.

I imagine.

(I bet they don't pad about the house barefoot)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Mike Addis and Catherine Weightman are using 350,000 Lego pieces to build an 8ft (2.4m) doll's house in their Cambridgeshire lounge.

In the past they have built Christmas-themed Daleks, angels and a cathedral.

They obviously have an above average size living room. I'd be lucky to get a life-sized Lego gingerbread man in mine!  

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Hey! Nothing wrong with being "Lego mad" . I have a "Star Wars/ Justice League/ Marvel" Lego wall and a plastic tool trunk full of them!  :tu:

I'm 65 and I only just got rid of boxes and boxes of Lego earlier this year. It was hard to do but I needed the space. :(

• Like 5

" the couple admit their now grown-up children are too embarrassed to join in" I can't think why that is

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

" the couple admit their now grown-up children are too embarrassed to join in" I can't think why that is

Social standing issues.

"Who really gives a **** what others' think" is my policy...

• Like 5

Not as impressive as the REAL house that James May built out of Lego - 3 million Lego bricks - in a vineyard in the Surrey countryside, complete with life-sized Lego furniture and Lego cat and Lego taps with running water in an episode of James May's Toy Stories:

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 4

I cringe thinking about my feet.

• Like 3