Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Max Clifford dies in hospital aged 74

ExpandMyMind

Disgraced celebrity publicist Max Clifford has died in hospital, aged 74, after collapsing in prison.

Clifford collapsed in his cell at Littlehey Prison in Cambridgeshire on Thursday and again on Friday, his daughter said. He was taken to hospital where he suffered a cardiac arrest.

He had been serving an eight-year sentence for historical sex offences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42300593

I think I just felt the world get a little bit lighter. Anyone else?

• Like 4

My Grandfather always said, It takes a life time to build a good reputation, and 15 minutes to destroy it.

Someone else said, What goes around, comes around.

• Like 4

This is good news. He won't be costing us any more money, either for his imprisonment or fighting his appeal.

Edited by acute
  • Like 5

I really hope all of the people they netted in that investigation were actually guilty. 

At least half of the people they went after were never charged, although their lives were certainly turned upside down.

I'm not trying to say they didn't have a case against Clifford, just that it seems the person they really wanted to go after was already dead. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 5:36 PM, ChaosRose said:

I really hope all of the people they netted in that investigation were actually guilty. 

At least half of the people they went after were never charged, although their lives were certainly turned upside down.

I'm not trying to say they didn't have a case against Clifford, just that it seems the person they really wanted to go after was already dead. 

Guilt brought on by doing nothing about 'Savile' (though it appears everyone knew what he was doing) caused the witch hunt, one of the sadist victims was Leon Brittan who was hounded to his death though he was completely innocent, i watched an interview on tv of a middle aged woman saying her life had been ruined because her breasts had been touched when she was 17, i thought to myself it's a good job i'm not rich or famous.

Edited by hetrodoxly