Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brown Blames LA Wildfires on Climate Change

joc

Do you do burn offs like we do in Oz? Every early spring, our fire brigades go out and burn off dead scrub in order to create fire breaks and control the fuel any bushfires would use. Our bushfires are still scary, but without the burn offs they’d be worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Do you do burn offs like we do in Oz? Every early spring, our fire brigades go out and burn off dead scrub in order to create fire breaks and control the fuel any bushfires would use. Our bushfires are still scary, but without the burn offs they’d be worse.

I see them doing that every Spring here too.

And every September, we still have the worst air quality in the nation.... without any major industry for hundreds of miles in any direction. 

On 12/11/2017 at 10:54 PM, AnchorSteam said:

How soon they forget...

Were you here last September, when I was posting the links to local traffic Cams that showed how bad it was here in Oregon?

It made downtown Beijing seem pleasant, and that's no joke. 

During the Obama years, Federal control of the countryside greatly increased, and often it was by his very own pen-stroke. Unilaterally mandating the expansion of "Monuments" was one of his favorite tricks. Hopefully, Trump will undo all that because we can't stand any more mismanagement and more insane rules.

INSANE, such as forbidding State fire-fighters to fight fires burning on Federal land.

These fools with their clipboards and their worthless degrees have no idea what they are doing, no connection to the reality on the ground and no basis aside from Power itself for telling the people who have lived here all our lives to tell us what to do about problems we have been facing all our lives!

The Swamp needs to back the hell OFF, stop seizing more land in States where they already own more than half of the total land-area, and learn to listen to people who don't have an ivy-league stick up their rear ends. The Chetco Bar fire was detected when it was less than one acre, three helo-=loads of water and a couple of men on the ground could have ended it right then and there. Instead, some pencil-necked geek ordered them not to. I guess the overtime was looking too high or something.

This is what burned;

Acreage by Agency:

BLM 6,767

State 225

Private 15,243

USFS 168,886

BLM isn't what you think; Beuro of Land Management. USFS is US Forest Service. 

That's nearly 200k acres roasted until it looks like a moon-scape, thanks to all the underbrush and un-harvested trees that, by law, must be left as is. 

It reminds me of the Joker; "Some people just want to see the world burn."

Congrats, mission accomplised... and just to be consistent, don't ever consider, for a moment, that you enviro-mental cases might possibly have been wrong, about anything, ever.

:angry:

I wish I could give this 27,000 likes!!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Thank you, I missed it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gummug said:

Thanks for saying so.

Like I have said before, I live in the middle of this crap and it is pretty damn horrible, and aggravating. 

But not it isn't just out here in the sticks; southern California has a fire that is the size of Boston and New York city combined. Maybe NOW people will start waking up.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Thanks for saying so.

Like I have said before, I live in the middle of this crap and it is pretty damn horrible, and aggravating. 

But not it isn't just out here in the sticks; southern California has a fire that is the size of Boston and New York city combined. Maybe NOW people will start waking up.

I sure  hope so but that would mean some certain parties would have to have the courage to admit fault and I'm not going to hold my breath....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gummug said:

I sure  hope so but that would mean some certain parties would have to have the courage to admit fault and I'm not going to hold my breath....

You would have to strand them in the path of the flames to get them to even consider the idea that they might possibly have had the wrong idea... and that would only last until they got out of the immediate danger.

As soon as they got back together with their drinking buddies, the would go right back to plotting how the press release should read, and how to block off more 'public' land from human access, seal off more roads that fire fighters could have used to fight the blazes, embelish policies that leave more fuel to feed the fires... and blame everyone else for everything that they screwed up.

Just like always.

• Like 3