Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brown Blames LA Wildfires on Climate Change

joc

California's governor has said that deadly wildfires in the winter will be 'the new normal', as fire crews rushed to contain the fires, with dry desert winds expected to intensify over the weekend.

Governor Jerry Brown on Saturday toured Ventura County neighborhoods ravaged by a weeklong wildfire that killed at least one person and destroyed hundreds of homes and other buildings.

At a news conference, the Democrat said drought and climate change mean California faces a 'new reality' where lives and property are continually threatened by fire, at a cost of billions of dollars.

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Typical Liberal Leftist response to everything...Blame something innocuous instead of identifying the problem and then creating a solution.

• Like 2

But the problem is that everything is drier and hotter. 

There's not really a solution for that problem. Scientists have predicted it, and the results have actually been worse than expected.

It's probably easy for someone who isn't already choking on wildfire smoke to be critical. 

• Like 5

As usual, everything is a lefty conspiracy. Doesn't it rather seem to make sense that if the general pattern of the climate is, as some suggest, getting drier, fires are likely to be more common? It doesn't sound like a loony leftie commie conspiracy to me, just sounds like common sense. 

Of course, the latter is an uncommon commodity among those who see everything as a loony leftie commie conspiracy.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

But the problem is that everything is drier and hotter. 

There's not really a solution for that problem. Scientists have predicted it, and the results have actually been worse than expected.

It's probably easy for someone who isn't already choking on wildfire smoke to be critical. 

California has always had diverse weather...droughts, floods, Santa Anna Winds, Diablo Winds...has nothing to do with climate change...the climate hasn't changed...some years are worse than others...but to just throw up your hands and say...New Norm...That's easy.  Finding real solutions is possible but not if you are going to just blame it on nature.  

One solution might be...set up a State Wide Network  for cutting down literally millions ...at least 100 million dead trees...and selling them as firewood to states that need that....or cutting them down and burning them somewhere controlled.  Fire needs fuel...years of not cleaning out the growth of Government Owned lands has also attributed to an over abundance of natural fuel.  Fire needs, Oxygen...and it needs Fuel.  

If you can create a system of removing the fuel...your ability to control fires will greatly increase.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

As usual, everything is a lefty conspiracy. Doesn't it rather seem to make sense that if the general pattern of the climate is, as some suggest, getting drier, fires are likely to be more common? It doesn't sound like a loony leftie commie conspiracy to me, just sounds like common sense. 

Of course, the latter is an uncommon commodity among those who see everything as a loony leftie commie conspiracy.

There is no conspiracy here.  Just a typical Leftist not dealing with the problem.  It isn't conspiracy...it is fact...Liberals blame...Conservatives find solutions.

• Like 1

"Research so far suggests that given the way the Western climate is changing, high season for high winds could be stretched out, with more Santa Anas overlapping with the dry season; and the danger would be that if we see it spread into the dry season longer, then the likelihood of a fire weather condition --- high winds, dry air --- which is what Santa Anas are conducive to producing, chances of fire are much greater,"

quote: "Santa Ana Wind Season May Be Stretched By Climate Change" -blog.kqed .org

Edited by Erno86
link work
  • Like 2

"As grazing land was purchased for regional parks, grazing was often eliminated resulting in successional changes and an increase in fuel loading.

Research on the structure, composition, and succession of vegetation in the urban-wildland fringe demonstrated an increase in fire hazards associated with the succession of Bay area grasslands to brushlands and an increase in wind thrown potential in certain forest plantation types as they mature. Projects are underway to convert brushlands to grasslands.

quote:structure-composition-and-succession-of-vegetation-in-the-urban-wildland-fringe.

Edited by Erno86
link work
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, Erno86 said:

"As grazing land was purchased for regional parks, grazing was often eliminated resulting in successional changes and an increase in fuel loading.

Research on the structure, composition, and succession of vegetation in the urban-wildland fringe demonstrated an increase in fire hazards associated with the succession of Bay area grasslands to brushlands and an increase in wind thrown potential in certain forest plantation types as they mature. Projects are underway to convert brushlands to grasslands.

quote:structure-composition-and-succession-of-vegetation-in-the-urban-wildland-fringe.

Mmm hmmm....any idea how much land was grabbed by The Bamster? And where?

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 9:13 AM, ChaosRose said:

How soon they forget...

Were you here last September, when I was posting the links to local traffic Cams that showed how bad it was here in Oregon?

It made downtown Beijing seem pleasant, and that's no joke. 

During the Obama years, Federal control of the countryside greatly increased, and often it was by his very own pen-stroke. Unilaterally mandating the expansion of "Monuments" was one of his favorite tricks. Hopefully, Trump will undo all that because we can't stand any more mismanagement and more insane rules.

INSANE, such as forbidding State fire-fighters to fight fires burning on Federal land.

These fools with their clipboards and their worthless degrees have no idea what they are doing, no connection to the reality on the ground and no basis aside from Power itself for telling the people who have lived here all our lives to tell us what to do about problems we have been facing all our lives!

The Swamp needs to back the hell OFF, stop seizing more land in States where they already own more than half of the total land-area, and learn to listen to people who don't have an ivy-league stick up their rear ends. The Chetco Bar fire was detected when it was less than one acre, three helo-=loads of water and a couple of men on the ground could have ended it right then and there. Instead, some pencil-necked geek ordered them not to. I guess the overtime was looking too high or something.

This is what burned;

Acreage by Agency:

BLM 6,767

State 225

Private 15,243

USFS 168,886

BLM isn't what you think; Beuro of Land Management. USFS is US Forest Service. 

That's nearly 200k acres roasted until it looks like a moon-scape, thanks to all the underbrush and un-harvested trees that, by law, must be left as is. 

It reminds me of the Joker; "Some people just want to see the world burn."

Congrats, mission accomplised... and just to be consistent, don't ever consider, for a moment, that you enviro-mental cases might possibly have been wrong, about anything, ever.

:angry:

• Like 3

On 2017-12-10 at 6:08 PM, joc said:

There is no conspiracy here.  Just a typical Leftist not dealing with the problem.  It isn't conspiracy...it is fact...Liberals blame...Conservatives find solutions.

Liberals blame, he says, in a post where he blames liberals. :lol:

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Lilly said:

A lot of the problem is lack of controlled burning because of the high dollar houses around. We have the same problem here in the Pine Barrens and we're waiting for the "Big One" because we can't burn off the duff anymore because some wealthy schmucks **** will get smokey or covered in ashes.

• Like 3

Climate change aside, anybody look into the UN Sustainable Development Agenda 21 and connected Cali Fires Caused by Directed Energy Weapons explanation? 

There is a UN initiative to "save the world" from us, which is fine (sustainable development) but they are using nefarious means to achieve that end, it appears. If this is true they are using death ray technology to relocate populations and kill them. 

I just watched some of these presentations  from various channels, shaking my head. I want to hear from professionals, like firemen who can answer some of the footage showing lasers (or what's the explanations), along with the tires and other materials melted, etc. I'm not sure what to make of this yet, you guys examine this? debunked this here?

"Further evidence highly suggests the surprise record firestorm was created to re-purpose zoning developments towards AGenda 21 mandates."

Edited by Area201

This one was caused by an illegal cook stove at a homeless camp. In 98% of the cases, these fires are started by people. The Santa Ana winds can spread them quickly, but they don't start fires. People start fires. New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Nevada are a lot hotter than California. Just about all desert. You don't see so many fires there. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/skirball-fire-cause-illegal-cooking-fire-los-angeles-fire-department/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Area201 said:

Climate change aside, anybody look into the UN Sustainable Development Agenda 21 and connected Cali Fires Caused by Directed Energy Weapons explanation? 

:wacko: No.

Just now, Likely Guy said:

:wacko: No.

So you didn't even look into it. Not helpful. I want to hear from professionals or people debunk some of this. I'm not on board either way.

4 hours ago, Area201 said:

There is a UN initiative to "save the world" from us, which is fine (sustainable development) but they are using nefarious means to achieve that end, it appears. If this is true they are using death ray technology to relocate populations and kill them. 

I just watched some of these presentations  from various channels, shaking my head. I want to hear from professionals, like firemen who can answer some of the footage showing lasers (or what's the explanations), along with the tires and other materials melted, etc. I'm not sure what to make of this yet, you guys examine this? debunked this here?

"Further evidence highly suggests the surprise record firestorm was created to re-purpose zoning developments towards AGenda 21 mandates."

If the UN wants to 'save the world from us'....why would they seek to destroy California? Especially LA which is a bastion of same minded thinking?

5 hours ago, joc said:

If the UN wants to 'save the world from us'....why would they seek to destroy California? Especially LA which is a bastion of same minded thinking?

Apparently "to re-purpose zoning developments towards AGenda 21 mandates". I only heard about this now, so wasn't aware UN had an agenda and that we in fact have directed energy weapons that can be used for starting fires (among other things). 

If you think about it humans can't continue expanding and over populating on Earth without destroying the very foundational ecological infusrtucture they live and natural resources. 

The mandate seems to have the good intentions, but frying towns and killing people is not the way, obviously. I'm not determined if this is real or not yet, I would like answers first from professionals. If you watch the videos shows the exact reasons and what looks like lasers and fireballs not the norm. 

That specific area in California was being targeted for repurpose zoning for what optimal sustainable development, is the allegation. It wasn't targeting California. It's specific zones.

Edited by Area201

Finding the cause of the Thomas fire may take some time.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/2017/12/06/how-did-thomas-fire-start/928265001/

Two people, including a firefighter have died as a result of the monster.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-thomas-fire-santa-ana-20171214-story.html

Here's what causes the Santa Ana winds. Been around for many, many years.

http://people.atmos.ucla.edu/fovell/ASother/mm5/SantaAna/santa_ana_faq.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Two people, including a firefighter have died as a result of the monster.

RiP ... Firefighters are the true heroes of the world ...

~

• Like 2

On 11/12/2017 at 4:07 AM, joc said:

California has always had diverse weather...droughts, floods, Santa Anna Winds, Diablo Winds...has nothing to do with climate change...the climate hasn't changed...some years are worse than others...but to just throw up your hands and say...New Norm...That's easy.  Finding real solutions is possible but not if you are going to just blame it on nature.  

One solution might be...set up a State Wide Network  for cutting down literally millions ...at least 100 million dead trees...and selling them as firewood to states that need that....or cutting them down and burning them somewhere controlled.  Fire needs fuel...years of not cleaning out the growth of Government Owned lands has also attributed to an over abundance of natural fuel.  Fire needs, Oxygen...and it needs Fuel.  

If you can create a system of removing the fuel...your ability to control fires will greatly increase.

Ohh that’s clever thinking.

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And what is your bright idea?  Before one can ever get to a solution on anything the first question one must  ask is....How!  Not every answer to that question is viable...but if one isn't even going to ask the question then one sets in stone one's failure prematurely!   

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, joc said:

And what is your bright idea?  Before one can ever get to a solution on anything the first question one must  ask is....How!  Not every answer to that question is viable...but if one isn't even going to ask the question then one sets in stone one's failure prematurely!   

I was actually attempting to praise your thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I was actually attempting to praise your thinking.

Hmmm...well thank you!  I obviously thought you meant it in a different way.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Hmmm...well thank you!  I obviously thought you meant it in a different way.  

Sarcasm is difficult in a forum of the typed word, isn't it? 

17 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It has been proposed, many times over... ever since the Spotted Owl fantasy was used to end a;most all logging in the Pacific Northwest.

And every time, it is shot down by The Thousand Friends, Gang Green and the Govt itself as they say "Everything is fine,  everything is fine, everything is fine... now shut up and go away because WE are in charge."

That kind of crap. 

Maybe they think that giving one of us heretics a chance would cause the collapse of their faith.