Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reach for the sky....

DebDandelion

http://m.thevintagenews.com/2017/04/16/atacama-desert-the-driest-place-on-earth-hides-a-giant-hand-reaching-for-the-sky/

Interesting read. 

Only 1mm of rain... Even I know that is way to little to sustain plant growth...and then the giant hand reaching out....makes one wonder what the significance might be...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

http://m.thevintagenews.com/2017/04/16/atacama-desert-the-driest-place-on-earth-hides-a-giant-hand-reaching-for-the-sky/

Interesting read. 

Only 1mm of rain... Even I know that is way to little to sustain plant growth...and then the giant hand reaching out....makes one wonder what the significance might be...

You could ask the sculptor, who's still alive (check the article.  In fact it talks about the reasons behind the sculpture.)

• Like 3

I checked the article..but how boring would it be to only hear what they say to the media and the people. I ponder the significance it might have for others...for all the lost and forgotten souls... For those that never returned. For although each sculptor has their reasons for.making a sculpture it means something different to everyone. 

THAT is what I meant...

Edited by DebDandelion
  • Like 2

It's not exactly hidden when it's that big, is it? Also, 104 degrees is unbearable? 41 is unbearable? This reporter has never lived in Arizona or Arkansas. :rofl:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Ghastly Grimoire said:

It's not exactly hidden when it's that big, is it? Also, 104 degrees is unbearable? 41 is unbearable? This reporter has never lived in Arizona or Arkansas. :rofl:

Well,  hidden in the sense that it is not readily seen? I mean it is a small dirt road that takes u to that lovely statue. 

In South Africa the one desert my aunt stayed in became up to 42 degrees( before global warming). Luckily it was a dry heat, so u scorched yes but no humidity to contend with.

Now in Durban we had a mere 34 degrees with humidity.. 

I cried a little... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Ghastly Grimoire said:

104 isn't that unbearable.  We regularly got temps over 100 degrees in Lubbock, Texas.