Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to solve the UFO mystery

Fila

2 minutes ago, Fila said:

Hence the point of this thread. I believe its impossible to prove.

well yeah of course.. so now what?

On 15/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, Dejarma said:

why?

Because I am neither a "Sceptic" nor a "believer". I am in the middle.
Just someone coming in and looking at all the information without bias.

I understand that a real event can be tainted by hoaxers, and bad experiments. However scientists deal with errors all the time.., but don't let it stop their research until the case has been sufficiently exhausted.

Very simple, and stress free approach to UFOs. Do not form a conclusion first. Just look. Maybe in 2 years after reviewing all the data correctly.., then I will attempt to form a hypothesis.

Edited by Fila

Very simple, and stress free approach to UFOs. Do not form a conclusion first. Just look. Maybe in 2 years after reviewing all the data correctly.., then I will attempt to form a hypothesis.

again:

the youtube example i put to you in the question is not a ufo video

Edited by Dejarma

On 15/12/2017 at 10:12 AM, Dejarma said:

again:

the youtube example i put to you in a question is not a ufo video== why is it not?

Its in my nature to question everything. I believe its the best trait to have.

9 minutes ago, Fila said:

That's what I'd really like to discuss here on this thread.

yeah wonderful so start discussing= what do you suggest? after 45+ years of this enigma i'm all out of suggestions;)

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

Its in my nature to question everything. I believe its the best trait to have.

what??:rolleyes: even though i've told you it's footage of chinese lanterns that i took & uploaded??

strange

• Like 1

On 15/12/2017 at 10:21 AM, Dejarma said:

what??:rolleyes: even though i've told you it's footage of chinese lanterns that i took & uploaded??

strange

Because I am not gullible. And I enjoy questioning everything.., regardless of popular belief.

Nothing more, nothing less. Just the way my mind works.., which is not a bad thing. 

On 15/12/2017 at 10:19 AM, Dejarma said:

yeah wonderful so start discussing= what do you suggest? after 45+ years of this enigma i'm all out of suggestions;)

Thank you.., it is wonderful. Glad you are onboard.

I wanted to start discussing from page 1. I have been barraged with personal attacks, and have been on the defensive ever since.
Hopefully others can move past this, so we can actually discuss the threads topic.

4 minutes ago, Fila said:

Because I am not gullible. And I enjoy questioning everything.., regardless of popular belief.

Nothing more, nothing less. Just the way my mind works.., which is not a bad thing. 

why would you be looking at this footage if the header doesn't contain words like: ufo/ aliens/ spaceship/ strange etc

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fila said:

I wanted to start discussing from page 1. I have been barraged with personal attacks, and have been on the defensive ever since.
Hopefully others can move past this, so we can actually discuss the threads topic.

so suggest something then

• Like 1

On 15/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, Dejarma said:

why would you be looking at this footage if the header doesn't contain words like: ufo/ aliens/ spaceship/ strange etc

I don't know why I would personally search for a chinese lantern video.., as I saw them 1st hand while in Asia. I guess the reason I would be viewing the video in the specific scenario you set.., would be because you offered to show me it.

On 15/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, Dejarma said:

so suggest something then

I wanted to discuss possibilities. Asking for help and input from others.

I am trying to think of possibilities throughout the day.., but nothing yet. I'll think of something...

Edited by Fila

15 hours ago, Fila said:

I understand that a real event can be tainted by hoaxers, and bad experiments. However scientists deal with errors all the time.., but don't let it stop their research until the case has been sufficiently exhausted.

I am under the impression that you do not know the meaning of skeptic. Your writing suggests you are confusing skeptic with scoffer.

14 hours ago, Fila said:

Not true at all. You have attacked others and been angry in many of your posts. You've employed straw man arguments, misrepresented posts, and even outrighted told falsehoods about other posts.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 1:29 AM, stereologist said:

Not true at all. You have attacked others and been angry in many of your posts. You've employed straw man arguments, misrepresented posts, and even outrighted told falsehoods about other posts.

I disagree. But am open to being wrong.

i really, really really REALLY want to stop arguing about what people assume I have done (without posting examples, just making accusations) and actually discuss a thread topic fro once.Can we please just do that from now on?

Edited by Fila

On 15/12/2017 at 9:33 AM, Fila said:

Why?

why do you enjoy it?

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 4:54 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Why?

why do you enjoy it?

Because I like to question myself. Growing up, I thought this was the greatest trait to have.

I figured that if you questioned everything.., you could pretty much argue both sides, for and against until you solve the problem. My dad was excellent at this, and I marvelled at how he could find a solution to almost every problem. The more I did it.., the faster I got at it and now I can run through so many possibilities of an event.., and choose the best route.

I do it with everything. Its actually really really fun. Should I go here? Should I do this?  Whats the risk of this?

Similar to driving a car. I will imagine a map of all the streets in my head.., and try to figure out the best route. I will actually run through each scenario separately with as much detail as possible, and as many variables I can think of. (Hills, lights, traffic at time of day etc) From start to finish at my destination. Then retry a different route. Next, next, next. Then find the best. That's why I love programming so much now. Its how I think, but quicker.

Edited by Fila

16 hours ago, Fila said:

I disagree. But am open to being wrong.

i really, really really REALLY want to stop arguing about what people assume I have done (without posting examples, just making accusations) and actually discuss a thread topic fro once.Can we please just do that from now on?

There is no assumption about what you've done. You claim to be in uni. If that is true then you know what you have done. Stop lying about what I have posted or I will discuss the issue with the mods.

On 16/12/2017 at 11:58 PM, stereologist said:

There is no assumption about what you've done. You claim to be in uni. If that is true then you know what you have done.

lol, I'm gonna get kicked for spamming soon.., but here we go again.

1) No. These are all lies.

2) If you think not.., Post examples.

3) IF you don't post examples.., you are lying

4) You need to tell me what I did wrong.

On 16/12/2017 at 11:58 PM, stereologist said:

Stop lying about what I have posted or I will discuss the issue with the mods.

Please do. I think we will never see eye to eye.., and should cease communicating. Or have someone moderate between us.

Edited by Fila

It's funny, you know, there's a lot ... gee it's actually an awful lot...  golly, a huge, huge amount of things that are proven beyond reasonable doubt.

And yet UFO's being non-terrestrial...?

I just couldn't understand it either.  But now I've worked it out - it's because I'm gullible and I think the evidence to date being presented for UFO's being somehow non-terrestrial/whatever is the same quality as that for, oh say .. the existence of kittens.

Fila, you still cannot, will not ever commit to posting your best example of evidence to support ... whatever the heck you are claiming...?

Don't worry, Fila, I don't think anyone is noticing this trait of yours..............

• Like 1

On 19/12/2017 at 4:24 PM, ChrLzs said:

It's funny, you know, there's a lot ... gee it's actually an awful lot...  golly, a huge, huge amount of things that are proven beyond reasonable doubt.

And yet UFO's being non-terrestrial...?

I just couldn't understand it either.  But now I've worked it out - it's because I'm gullible and I think the evidence to date being presented for UFO's being somehow non-terrestrial/whatever is the same quality as that for, oh say .. the existence of kittens.

Fila, you still cannot, will not ever commit to posting your best example of evidence to support ... whatever the heck you are claiming...?

Don't worry, Fila, I don't think anyone is noticing this trait of yours..............

I just want us all to work together to figure this thing out once and for all. Ignore the trolls and just listen to reputable people who claim they saw something. Its okay to eventually assume each credible case must have been a lie based on our own opinions and data gaps.., but it's still inconclusive. And that's why the mystery continues.

Seeing as we are all fed up with the ET nuts, or biased sceptics or the fence sitters etc (basically everyone and anyone).., maybe we can just talk about ways someone would go about trying to prove once and for all, what is going on

P.S. Man, please stop asking for my best example of evidence. I replied on page 2 or 3 and have linked  again Hessdalen in other posts in this thread as to what I think is most reputable and credible data you can find. I don't know what else to say. That and the reports over the many years, combined with the lack of actual study and investigation is enough for me to look into it.

Edited by Fila

7 hours ago, Fila said:

I just want us all to work together to figure this thing out once and for all. Ignore the trolls and just listen to reputable people who claim they saw something. Its okay to eventually assume each credible case must have been a lie based on our own opinions and data gaps.., but it's still inconclusive. And that's why the mystery continues.

Seeing as we are all fed up with the ET nuts, or biased sceptics or the fence sitters etc (basically everyone and anyone).., maybe we can just talk about ways someone would go about trying to prove once and for all, what is going on

P.S. Man, please stop asking for my best example of evidence. I replied on page 2 or 3 and have linked  again Hessdalen in other posts in this thread as to what I think is most reputable and credible data you can find. I don't know what else to say. That and the reports over the many years, combined with the lack of actual study and investigation is enough for me to look into it.

The mystery continues in some cases because the report is so bad and vague nothing can be learned from the case. That seems to cover a lot of the UFO reports.

The mystery can also continue even if there is sufficient evidence to show what it was but some people want to pretend that it is unsolved. That seems to cover a lot of UFO believers.

You continue to misuse a lot of words. It was zoom in reference to telescopes. Here is it skeptic. The correct term you are looking for is scoffer. Learn the difference. I've pointed this out before.

Please tell us the best evidence  you have. In the case of the Phoenix lights we see that the people with the best viewing opportunities reported planes or at least no UFO. The early report from a retired policeman was no UFO, but llights. The telescope user reported planes. The video shows planes. You disregard the person that reported nothing was there when the lights passed in front of the Moon. You chose to disregard those with the best viewing for the piles of reports that were in conflict with each other. That is what I call a biased person.

No wonder you refuse to post the best evidence because you know that will be as big a flop as the Phoenix lights.

On 24/12/2017 at 0:47 AM, stereologist said:

The mystery continues in some cases because the report is so bad and vague nothing can be learned from the case. That seems to cover a lot of the UFO reports.

This is a great point.., one I am just learning about now. There are no actual "official" reports or affidavits to confirm the witnesses name, and that they said they saw anything.

This is a huge problem, and adds fuel to the "mystery" because we can never verify anything. it's always "he said, that she said" claims. How can we overcome this issue?

The mystery can also continue even if there is sufficient evidence to show what it was but some people want to pretend that it is unsolved. That seems to cover a lot of UFO believers.

You're killing it! I hate this so much hey, it seems like some people are just gullible.., or the power of "wanting" it to be true is enough? 

What if there was an official 'Study Guide' for UFOs and previous cases. Peer-reviewed by scientists (if possible, but hard to do with UFO stuff).., so only facts can be presented. It could even have tips on research procedures.., and how to spot fake content and questioning claims by asking for evidence.

Please tell us the best evidence  you have. In the case of the Phoenix lights we see that the people with the best viewing opportunities reported planes or at least no UFO. The early report from a retired policeman was no UFO, but llights. The telescope user reported planes. The video shows planes. You disregard the person that reported nothing was there when the lights passed in front of the Moon. You chose to disregard those with the best viewing for the piles of reports that were in conflict with each other. That is what I call a biased person.

No wonder you refuse to post the best evidence because you know that will be as big a flop as the Phoenix lights.

We should discuss this in a Phoenix Lights (1997) thread.., we keep spilling into different threads.

50 minutes ago, Fila said:

This is a great point.., one I am just learning about now. There are no actual "official" reports or affidavits to confirm the witnesses name, and that they said they saw anything.

This is a huge problem, and adds fuel to the "mystery" because we can never verify anything. it's always "he said, that she said" claims. How can we overcome this issue?

You're killing it! I hate this so much hey, it seems like some people are just gullible.., or the power of "wanting" it to be true is enough? 

What if there was an official 'Study Guide' for UFOs and previous cases. Peer-reviewed by scientists (if possible, but hard to do with UFO stuff).., so only facts can be presented. It could even have tips on research procedures.., and how to spot fake content and questioning claims by asking for evidence.

We should discuss this in a Phoenix Lights (1997) thread.., we keep spilling into different threads.

Why would scientists want to study a non-existent event. I guess they could study why people fool themselves. If there were something to study it might be, but alas it is left to those that are chasing ghosts.

The so-called official reports come at best from UFO groups, but their work is often sloppy. I can think of two cases in which tests were set up to see how well the UFO groups did their work. It was embarrassingly bad. Just like witnesses at Phoenix, the UFO researchers could not get the color of lights rights. They got the position of the lights wrong. They got the manner in which the lights blinked wrong. In the other case flares were hung from balloons. This was verified by police using binoculars yet the UFO researchers stated that their analysis showed the lights could NOT be flares. In the first case the photos taken by the UFO researchers continue to circulate as a rel event.

On 24/12/2017 at 5:41 PM, stereologist said:

Why would scientists want to study a non-existent event. I guess they could study why people fool themselves. If there were something to study it might be, but alas it is left to those that are chasing ghosts.

They should just study the actual event. We spend way too much brain time and energy on hatred for UFO witnesses.., trying to disprove them. When we could spend that time and brain energy differently.

They are only non-existent events.., because we don't have sufficient evidence to say what the object was. And we are relying on past events. We only ever get UFO reports.., after the event occurred. This means we will only get 1) Eye-witness reports, 2) Camera images, generally.

As long as it doesn't annoy anyone or cost too much money.., what we would need is something like Hessdalen.., or at least some type of reporting procedure.

On 24/12/2017 at 5:41 PM, stereologist said:

The so-called official reports come at best from UFO groups, but their work is often sloppy. I can think of two cases in which tests were set up to see how well the UFO groups did their work. It was embarrassingly bad. Just like witnesses at Phoenix, the UFO researchers could not get the color of lights rights. They got the position of the lights wrong. They got the manner in which the lights blinked wrong. In the other case flares were hung from balloons. This was verified by police using binoculars yet the UFO researchers stated that their analysis showed the lights could NOT be flares. In the first case the photos taken by the UFO researchers continue to circulate as a rel event.

Yea, I loathe that kind of biased behaviour. It sounds horrible.

• The topic was locked