Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to solve the UFO mystery

Fila

How can the UFO mystery be solved? It might be a good idea to write a list of options.
I can only think of a few right now.., but feel free to add any to the list, or argue against points raised.

1) Government disclosure
- Organise a petition and get people to sign.
This has been attempted in the past numerous times with no affect.
I don't think a short-term politician has power over the higher ranks of the military, the top brass have had life-long careers serving the nation. I believe the military does not show each and every President/Vice President/advisers through their classified areas, showing all their secrets.

Only to be kicked out of office 4 years later with all that knowledge.

The military is in the business of war and security.
They require the best technology to gain an edge of competitors. They will keep the top technology secret from everyone, to prevent countries like China from reverse engineering the tech, and forming ways around it.

Therefore I think this avenue is a dead end.

2) Look at previous cases
- Collate UFO cases. Check credibility. Look for alternative solutions. Make 2 piles (solved, unsolved)
I personally don't believe this will ever solve the UFO mystery or even prove an event took place.
But if it ever could solve the UFO mystery.., what would need to be accomplished?

Who is considered "credible"?
How many credible recounts are required? Enough to prompt an investigation to get real scientific data.., not just civilian pics and stories for another 70 years.

3) ____________________

Edited by Fila
  • Like 2

Why do people relate UFO's with governments. There are thousands of sky watchers out there and they do not work for the governments.

What UFO mystery are you refering to? Lights in the sky at night are 9999.999.999 % explainable.

• Like 9

While we're at it lets petition NASA to stop hiding the flat earth.

• Like 7

On 12/12/2017 at 9:45 PM, freetoroam said:

Why do people relate UFO's with governments. There are thousands of sky watchers out there and they do not work for the governments.

People relate UFOs with governments due a process of elimination. look at this this way...

The government says UFOs do not exists. Its all explainable or something that can be.

So when someone does see a UFO.., (but the government says they don't) then the only logical assumption is obvious.

So.., for someone to hypothesise UFOs are real. Automatically implies the government must be hiding something.

There are thousands of sky watchers, who have recorded many things. but this is not really getting anywhere. An official/credible/reputable/peer-reviewed combined effort is required.

On 12/12/2017 at 9:45 PM, freetoroam said:

What UFO mystery are you refering to? Lights in the sky at night are 9999.999.999 % explainable.

There is only one UFO mystery I am aware of.

The one I am thinking of (circa 1940) has more of a figure around 5-10% of cases by credible observers that's still explainable to this day.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:29 PM, Rlyeh said:

Perhaps this is best suited for another thread. I do not subscribe to that theory and would prefer to keep this thread free from off-topic posts.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fila said:

People relate UFOs with governments due a process of elimination. look at this this way...

No...the people who relate UFO's with governments have watched too many you tube videos and hollywood movies. 

26 minutes ago, Fila said:

So when someone does see a UFO.., (but the government says they don't) then the only logical assumption is obvious

Obvious in what way? The majority of the pictures and videos we see on here have not gone through the governments, and if they had been then the answers would be the same as on here ....fully explainable. You do not have to work fot NASA or the government to be able to recognise a chinese lantern.

There is no conspiracy cover ups by the governments. Thousands of sky watchers around the world do not work for the government. Note: those who questiion the lights they see and believe they are visiting aliens are generally new to sky watching or naive youtube watchers.

If an alien craft from another planet visited Earth, do you really believe it would not be spotted well before it reached our atmosphere...( burn up is not just seen by the governments, they can not hide that from people) 

Your government conspiracy idea is so dated...it is laughable.

• Like 3

On 13/12/2017 at 0:40 AM, freetoroam said:

No...the people who relate UFO's with governments have watched too many you tube videos and hollywood movies. 

UFOs were around before YouTube and X-Files.., and people still came to this conclusion. i am not sure how else to explain it. i think of its like writing a computer script.

IF I told you that Elephants did not exist.

BUT.., IF you saw an elephant one day.

THEN that would mean I am lying.

ELIF I told you elephants do exist.., THEN I would be telling the truth.

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fila said:

UFOs were around before YouTube and X-Files.., and people still came to this conclusion. i am not sure how else to explain it. i think of its like writing a computer script.

IF I told you that Elephants did not exist.

BUT.., IF you saw an elephant one day.

THEN that would mean I am lying.

ELIF I told you elephants do exist.., THEN I would be telling the truth.

Not really a good comparison...you see if you told me an elephant did not exist.. it would not be difficult you prove to you that they did. On that note, if you told me aliens are flying about near Earth, then after i do my research and find there is no evidence, then i will ask you where you got your info from. Tis unfortunate today that most of the answers we recieve on here when we ask that question is "youtube". 

I would not say you were lying if you told me elephants did not exist, i would just call you uneducated. Unless you intentionally lied, in that case, you should not underestimate the people you lie to in relation to life on Earth and what might be out there. Some of us were not brought up on youtube and are not as gullible as those who use youtube a a reference site. ;)

Cross referencing and a lot of research from different sources is the best way to look things up which hold a big question mark. Elephants do not hold any question marks, nor do aliens visiting Earth, abducting people and probing them and nor do the majority of lights seen at night in our skies.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Fila said:

UFOs were around before YouTube and X-Files..,

So was colour tv, let alone black and white.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fila said:

How to solve the UFO mystery

I believe we will know they exist before we solve it (I mean UAP and not UFO) but when/if we receive proof they exist, then we will solve it by task specific artificial intelligence/learning programs. We can already spot bug bites and plant diseases on crops from space before they spread. We can also identify serial killers and identify one person in a crowd of billions, so this technology will aide us tremendously and soon. Ready or not, here it comes ;)

3) By force

Gather 10k ufo believers and make all of them go to Area 51. Beyonce can gather even more than that, so 10k is a fair number. March as a group. Use internet to film everytime in realtime. Ignore all warnings and enter to the base. Army wouldn't kill 10k people, it would be an international scandal. Perhaps 2 or 3, not 10k. Gather data inside the base taking photos and filming. Force every door possible. Get your conclusions. If the government is really hiding ufos, aliens and stuff there you'll discover it and spread the news, if there's nothing even remotely ufo-ly in the base, then the whole ufo discussion would be over.

win win.

Oh, yeah, maybe someone will die. But, that's the price of freedom (?)

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 2

On 13/12/2017 at 1:43 AM, freetoroam said:

Not really a good comparison...you see if you told me an elephant did not exist.. it would not be difficult you prove to you that they did. On that note, if you told me aliens are flying about near Earth, then after i do my research and find there is no evidence, then i will ask you where you got your info from.

Ok..... This was an example. Let's drop the examples and just go back to UFO then. sorry to confuse you so.

Tis unfortunate today that most of the answers we recieve on here when we ask that question is "youtube". 

Tis, very much so. What's the alternative? If I took video footage of a UFO.., should I host my own domain just to post a video?

I would not say you were lying if you told me elephants did not exist, i would just call you uneducated. Unless you intentionally lied, in that case, you should not underestimate the people you lie to in relation to life on Earth and what might be out there.

Well in this example using the elephants.., I was "lying" to you. Its also possible I just did poor research when looking for elephants. But you are not sure whether I lied.., or was just uneducated. The point is..,

1) You saw an elephant

2) But I said they do not exist, and you most likely saw something else like a hippo.

3) Then you would conclude 1 of 2 things.

To even form a hypothesis that "Elephants do exists" is automatically questioning my opinion. I don't know how else to explain this.... but I'll keep trying.

Some of us were not brought up on youtube and are not as gullible as those who use youtube a a reference site. ;)

I am one of those people who don't use YouTube as a reference.

However.., I wonder. Where are others meant to get their information from. If you know of more credible databases.., please let us know.

Cross referencing and a lot of research from different sources is the best way to look things up which hold a big question mark. Elephants do not hold any question marks, nor do aliens visiting Earth, abducting people and probing them and nor do the majority of lights seen at night in our skies.

I think I learnt my lesson. I will not use any metaphors, similes or analogies ever again.

Yes, Cross referencing. Different sources. Very good

So.., what credible sources did you research to form your conclusion? I'm fairly new to the scene, and have only really visited national archives, and read old official documents from those involved.

University does not allow me to use .com websites as references. Nor do I trawl through UFO videos searching fro "the truth" . So I am glad to finally run into someone like you who is all about credible information.

Send me some credible links that helped you form your conclusion. (Please no .com websites or wikipedia links)

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 1:45 AM, freetoroam said:

So was colour tv, let alone black and white.

And there were reports before television too...

i don't agree with your logic that says; "no-one can form a conclusion or idea.., unless they read it in a story, or saw it on television."

Otherwise.., how could anyone form a new idea to write the book or television show others copy?

In your world.., Mr Hollywood is the only person who can form new ideas without being required to have previously read the idea.

Edited by Fila

On 13/12/2017 at 6:19 AM, MrBene said:

3) By force

Gather 10k ufo believers and make all of them go to Area 51. Beyonce can gather even more than that, so 10k is a fair number. March as a group. Use internet to film everytime in realtime. Ignore all warnings and enter to the base. Army wouldn't kill 10k people, it would be an international scandal. Perhaps 2 or 3, not 10k. Gather data inside the base taking photos and filming. Force every door possible. Get your conclusions. If the government is really hiding ufos, aliens and stuff there you'll discover it and spread the news, if there's nothing even remotely ufo-ly in the base, then the whole ufo discussion would be over.

win win.

Oh, yeah, maybe someone will die. But, that's the price of freedom (?)

I would advise against this option. The military has a right to secrecy..,, and I think they would easily kill 10,000 people to protect national security.

I was in the Army for a while.., and believe that if I made a career out of it.., and got to top brass. I would also be hiding high tech equipment from others including my countrymen, so I can maintain the edge over our potential enemies.

Edited by Fila

11 hours ago, Fila said:

No, they don't.

11 hours ago, Fila said:

The government says UFOs do not exists. Its all explainable or something that can be.

Please name a single Government entity stating that UFO's do not exist.

11 hours ago, Fila said:

So when someone does see a UFO.., (but the government says they don't) then the only logical assumption is obvious.

No, no Government says such. 

11 hours ago, Fila said:

So.., for someone to hypothesise UFOs are real. Automatically implies the government must be hiding something.

No. UFO's exist. The denotation of a UFO is a simple definition of something that is not identifiable to the observer, no more, no less. 

11 hours ago, Fila said:

There are thousands of sky watchers, who have recorded many things. but this is not really getting anywhere. An official/credible/reputable/peer-reviewed combined effort is required.

And what exactly do you think UFO's are?

11 hours ago, Fila said:

There is only one UFO mystery I am aware of.

The one I am thinking of (circa 1940) has more of a figure around 5-10% of cases by credible observers that's still explainable to this day.

Most are still not explained - does not mean anything.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 11:58 AM, badeskov said:

No, they don't.

I disagree. Will post examples if you want to also.

Please name a single Government entity stating that UFO's do not exist.

Airforce (Sign, Grudge, etc) I am using the term UFO to mean STILL unidentified. Not cases that have been solved.., as these are no longer UFOs.

The remaining 10% where trained reputable observers report objects that resemble advanced unknown aircraft.

No, no Government says such. 

To your knowledge. However just because I do not see a whale in a glass of water.., does not mean Whales don't exist. I have read cases where witnesses were told to keep quiet, and data was confiscated. People were discouraged from starting UFO clubs to discuss it. reports were skewed to give false conclusions etc.

No. UFO's exist. The denotation of a UFO is a simple definition of something that is not identifiable to the observer, no more, no less. 

They do exist, yes. Including reports of large metallic aircraft that surpasses any known man-made technology

And what exactly do you think UFO's are?

A wide range of possibilities including ET, private man-made, military owned, naturally occurring unknown phenomena.

There currently is not enough evidence to say either one is correct.., or incorrect.

Most are still not explained - does not mean anything.

Not to you perhaps.., but to others it does.

I guess that's just where it ends. There are confirmed official reports from numerous highly credible trained observers.., matched with radar data.., reports filed and still no explanation.

If you do not find this interesting.., please don't get angry at others who do. We are not attacking you personally and I don't understand where all the defensive anger comes from.

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fila said:

...To your knowledge. However just because I do not see a whale in a glass of water.., does not mean Whales don't exist. I have read cases where witnesses were told to keep quiet, and data was confiscated. People were discouraged from starting UFO clubs to discuss it. reports were skewed to give false conclusions etc....

The term plausible deniability is thrown around a lot. You can never truly connect it to any one person. However, "Project Blue Book was one of a series of systematic studies of unidentified flying objects conducted by the United States Air Force."

Edited by dirtierdragoon4
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 0:49 PM, dirtierdragoon4 said:

The term plausible deniability is thrown around a lot. You can never truly connect it to any one person. However, "Project Blue Book was one of a series of systematic studies of unidentified flying objects conducted by the United States Air Force."

Yes, and Hynek later came forward saying he was told to lie about the more credible events of Bluebook.

When project SIGN was dropped, the airforce told civilians that it doesn't look into UFO reports anymore. Meanwhile they started another secret investigation under the codename Grudge.

There are many UFO reports that are declassified now showing they were still investigating.,. while telling the public it was nothing.

Edited by Fila

36 minutes ago, Fila said:

Yes, and Hynek later came forward saying he was told to lie about some events.
When project SIGN was dropped, the airforce told civilians that it doesn't look into UFO reports anymore. When it started another investigation under the codename Grudge.

There are many UFO reports that are declassified now showing they were still investigating.,. while telling the public it was nothing.

UK's UFO documents that is said to have accidentally been released earlier this year without its appropriate redactions states: " I am aware from intelligence sources, that Russia believes that such phenomena exist and has a small team studying them. I am also aware that an informal group exists in the US intelligence community and it is possible that this reflects a more formal assessment activity." - the document is from the 90's.

Edited by dirtierdragoon4
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 5:38 AM, Fila said:

How can the UFO mystery be solved? It might be a good idea to write a list of options.
I can only think of a few right now.., but feel free to add any to the list, or argue against points raised.

1) Government disclosure
- Organise a petition and get people to sign.
This has been attempted in the past numerous times with no affect.
I don't think a short-term politician has power over the higher ranks of the military, the top brass have had life-long careers serving the nation. I believe the military does not show each and every President/Vice President/advisers through their classified areas, showing all their secrets.

Only to be kicked out of office 4 years later with all that knowledge.

The military is in the business of war and security.
They require the best technology to gain an edge of competitors. They will keep the top technology secret from everyone, to prevent countries like China from reverse engineering the tech, and forming ways around it.

Therefore I think this avenue is a dead end.

2) Look at previous cases
- Collate UFO cases. Check credibility. Look for alternative solutions. Make 2 piles (solved, unsolved)
I personally don't believe this will ever solve the UFO mystery or even prove an event took place.
But if it ever could solve the UFO mystery.., what would need to be accomplished?

Who is considered "credible"?
How many credible recounts are required? Enough to prompt an investigation to get real scientific data.., not just civilian pics and stories for another 70 years.

3) ____________________

3) Make contact yourself. ET Contact Tool provides you with a full course in these techniques, as well as a suite of tools to help you make contact on your own.

I have not properly tried this myself, but reading on some subreddits people claim to have seen phenomenon from use. I guess if this is legit and you're advanced enough to communicate in the telepathic form, one can possibly invite beyond visual sighting and get taken aboard depending on the type of UFO/ETs involved.

I don't have any experience with contact other than Hudson Valley Sightings.

Edited by Area201
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2017 at 7:19 AM, Area201 said:

3) Make contact yourself. ET Contact Tool The ET Contact Tool provides you with a full course in these techniques, as well as a suite of tools to help you make contact on your own.

I have not properly tried this myself, but reading on some subreddits people claim to have seen phenomenon from use. I guess if this is legit and you're advanced enough to communicate in the telepathic form, one can possibly invite behind visual sighting and get taken aboard depending on the type of UFO/ETs involved.

I don't have any experience with contact other than Hudson Valley Sightings which might have been military.

Attempt communications... I love the idea.

I think we have attempted to communicate with UFOs via air control towers / other airliners using radio waves, but this has achieved nothing.

The ET contact tool sounds like a possibility.., although I must remain sceptical at first. I personally would not have the time to review the course, to check validity.., and I would deter others also IF the course requires money.., or personal details. Be very wary of scammers. Otherwise I am all for exhausting possible avenues.., and try not to be automatically dismissive based on prior assumptions and false logic.

Having said that.., perhaps a quicker alternative would be to contact the course lecturer and ask if s/he is willing to attempt communications on everyone's behalf.., and ask them to land at a designated spot at a set time.

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

I can see this thread is based on no evidence but chit chat and stories and anecdotes and ... nothing substantial.

That is what happens with UFOs. The elephant analogy was not that good.

There are plenty of things that have been reported that we now know do not exist. There are plenty of stories and chit and and anecdotes about witches and cities of gold and lost advanced civilizations and dragons and talking animals and giant flying birds and rods and  all sorts of other things.

Just because there are reports does not make them real. Just because reports have come in for a long time does not make them real. Just because some people pretend that governments or other authorities are hiding something does not make it real.

UFOs are simply things that are not identified. Just because some things are not identified does not make them special.

• Like 2

On 14/12/2017 at 8:07 AM, stereologist said:

I can see this thread is based on no evidence but chit chat and stories and anecdotes and ... nothing substantial.

Correct. This is a discussion about planning.

The elephant analogy was not that good.

I agree. I'm not good at metaphors, similes and analogies. etc

There are plenty of things that have been reported that we now know do not exist. There are plenty of stories and chit and and anecdotes about witches and cities of gold and lost advanced civilizations and dragons and talking animals and giant flying birds and rods and  all sorts of other things.

Yes. Although just because; Something was proven wrong in the past.., does not automatically imply everything will be proven wrong.

This is an assumption based on false logic.., and does not negate future claims and potential new discoveries. Sorry. I believe this is merely a blanket statement from a dismissive attitude based on prior assumptions.

Just because there are reports does not make them real.

This is rational statement.., one we can all agree on.

UFOs are simply things that are not identified. Just because some things are not identified does not make them special.

Haha, yea. We are discussing this here from now on to hopefully avoid repetitive posts in each and every thread

Edited by Fila

On 12/12/2017 at 7:29 AM, Rlyeh said:

How is that related to the UFO phenomenon? While you're at making lame jokes, you got any other ones totally not related to the subject at hand?

• The topic was locked