Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

“Optimistic Nihilism” and Whistling Past

markdohle

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I see no point in worshiping anything. Isn't existing even for the finite span of time we have enough? Why add more to it than needs be? If you treat life like it's a one shot deal, then appreciate it more. If you keep your eyes towards heaven you'll miss everything around you.

I agree. I also think anything that demands worship is probably not a good thing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I agree. I also think anything that demands worship is probably not a good thing.

If I were to use the word 'worship' differently. I'd say to just appreciate life. No one at all know if there is something after this life. So why not at least try to make it better for yourself and other. That when the day comes and death is at the door, you can say honestly "I had a good life". I feel that religions narrow the field of view, same with adamant spiritual beliefs. Just let go and live. Enjoy the sunrise or sunset. The company of friends, a good joke, or a good book. Be mindful of the moment and savor it, even if it's a bad one. Because through the pain of living we forge ourselves. Doesn't mean we'll get a prize at the end.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

If I were to use the word 'worship' differently. I'd say to just appreciate life. No one at all know if there is something after this life. So why not at least try to make it better for yourself and other. That when the day comes and death is at the door, you can say honestly "I had a good life". I feel that religions narrow the field of view, same with adamant spiritual beliefs. Just let go and live. Enjoy the sunrise or sunset. The company of friends, a good joke, or a good book. Be mindful of the moment and savor it, even if it's a bad one. Because through the pain of living we forge ourselves. Doesn't mean we'll get a prize at the end.

Living in the moment is always good.