Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My introduction to your community

Sooth Sayer

Hello everyone. I've been reading posts and topics here at UM for several years now and decided to join. I have experiences to share and dicuss that I think some will find interesting and others maybe not, but that's ok. I do not expect everyone or anyone to believe what I have seen in my years here on earth.

Anyway, I hope for it to be good to be part of a community of people that can relate to similar experiences.

As for me, I'm from Michigan. Have a wife and kid. Have played music in bands when I was younger. Am now a semi pro cartoonist. I hope to be more full time artist even at my age. Have had some strange but cool moments in my life and am very fascinated with a good mystery.

If anyone wants to say hello or ask questions feel free.

Ciao

• Like 8

One example I'd like to share here of what I mean by "strange and out of the norm" incidents that have happened to me is the time I was at a night club in Ann Arbor, MI. 

This doesn't really fall under paranormal of course but it was none the less strange, unexpected amd I can offer up verification for anyone to double check. 

I'll try and keep the story short.

In 2008 I was with friends at a club. On a Wednesday night. When I was approached by this guy that look like he was attending an Indiana Jones convention (not kidding) when he asked me if I'd like to be in a tv show. I thought yea right, ok, take a hyke please. He told me to sign up if I was interested. He left, I thought about it. Then decided what the heck? Why not? 

So I did. They sent me a confirmation email for filming the next morning. I went to the location, in Detroit at a concert venue called Harpos. Found out it was for HBO. Then found out that Thomas Jane was there also. He played The Punisher for those not familar with him. 

So I spent the day doing my one and only "acting role" as an extra. Let me just say, pretending to talk with strangers without making a sound or talking, not as easy as you'd guess. 

So then it was over and I was paid. Fast forward and it was broadcast on HBO. I had no idea until after when a friend called me to ask, were you in a tv show? I said yes why? He says, because I saw you on HBO last night and just about fell over. 

Turns out, someone in the edit dept. liked how I looked and got a nice close up of me in my only scene. 

In case you're wondering, the show is called Hung starring Thomas Jane. My wife thinks that it is the "coolest thing ever" that I've done while my daughter, not so impressed her dad was on tv and seen by millions around the world. 

Hole you enjoyed me sharing that moment in my life. 

• Like 5

Welcome :) 

• Like 4

Hewoaw. :rofl:

c3092f_68ffa63ffa9049fa88135c7e29e88466.

• Like 4

Hello front ... not full frontal of course ... just befitting the decorum of the Forum ... did you bring any donuts ?

~

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Hewoaw. :rofl:

c3092f_68ffa63ffa9049fa88135c7e29e88466.

Just slightly disturbing.........:lol:

• Like 5

Hello and welcome here @ UM.

• Like 1

Hello there Sooth Sayer, welcome to the forums :)

• Like 2

Welcome to UM Sooth Sayer :st I rarely come around here anymore, but when I do, hope to see ya around the boards B)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nativechick1989 said:

Welcome to UM Sooth Sayer :st I rarely come around here anymore, but when I do, hope to see ya around the boards B)

Where have you been hiding??? :st:lol:

Hello Sooth Sayer :st Welcome to UM! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. Kick back and enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am new too. I joined this site because I am finally disturbed what my encounters over the last 10 years. Hoping to see that I am not the only one around who has such experiences. I am a single mom and I play guitar. 

• 1 month later...