Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Samples of my artwork

Sooth Sayer

:-D Belated greetings, Sooth Sayer.  

Confusing, in light of subsequent comments/statements, was your initially stating,

"I will not be posting my original characters as they are not protected under publishing laws."

Even if none of the above is original, I expect your work on par with the examples above

and shared BorizBadinov's opinion of the 'Missing "Finkie" sketch' minus any bones in 

addition to the teeth in the creature's necklace-- nice touch.

Congrats in regard to your commissioning work.  Have you considered marketing your own 

work with a website?  With the popularity of memes today, something's going viral could add

up to a lot of bibs, Ts, napkins, cards, calendars ...&c.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2017 at 6:53 PM, aka CAT said:

"I will not be posting my original characters as they are not protected under publishing laws."

Even if none of the above is original, I expect your work on par with the examples above

Hello, nice to meet you. The works I have posted are mine just I do not own the characters. I did do all the pencil/inking and coloring of them just to clarify. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 6:53 PM, aka CAT said:

Have you considered marketing your own work with a website?  With the popularity of memes today, something's going viral could add

up to a lot of bibs, Ts, napkins, cards, calendars ...&c.

I have thought about trying that which you mentioned but websites want digital work. I prefer to not do any digital right now. Many people I speak with at comic con's are going back to old school comic art. They want to see what an artist can do with paper/pencil/inks rather than what someone can do with a computer program that makes everyone look like a "pro" without any skill. Also, computers tend to take the humanist part out. 

So that's where I'm coming from. I'm too old to care what all the "latest" trendy apps are. People are more blown away when they see what I've done is by hand with no comouter assistance. 

Some people may not care but it's what I like anyway. 

• Like 2

On December 27, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Sooth Sayer said:

I have thought about trying that which you mentioned but websites want digital work. I prefer to not do any digital right now. Many people I speak with at comic con's are going back to old school comic art. They want to see what an artist can do with paper/pencil/inks rather than what someone can do with a computer program that makes everyone look like a "pro" without any skill. Also, computers tend to take the humanist part out. 

So that's where I'm coming from. I'm too old to care what all the "latest" trendy apps are. People are more blown away when they see what I've done is by hand with no comouter assistance. 

Some people may not care but it's what I like anyway. 

Re: digital -

What you're posting herein are photos/copies of your work.  

Were you to want to do the same on your own webpage,

I imagine arrangements could be made.  Suit yourself.

:cat: HAPPY NEW YEAR.

On 12/31/2017 at 0:32 PM, aka CAT said:

:cat: HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Happy new year. 

Working on a new drawing for 2018. This is how my drawings look in the early stages. 

26233401_850166028498907_445215314257452

More inking done just now. Will think up a background to complete scene. I'm thinking of a 12th century circus setting with some tents in back of the dragon. 

26677826_851050988410411_4879632802876304020_o.jpg

My FB art page

In case anyone wants to see my other artwork or follow me on FB I've posted a link.

That way you can see drawings that I can't or won't post here. 

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow that's awesome. Great work

Thank you. It's nice that you like the old school style cartoon art. That's what I grew up with and that's what I try to emulate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Outstanding work Sooth Sayer. :tu:

Thank you ZZ. Let's hear it for the old school ink and paper artists. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sooth Sayer said:

Thank you. It's nice that you like the old school style cartoon art. That's what I grew up with and that's what I try to emulate.

Honestly I’ve been having a hard time trying to find a couple illustrations for my book, that’s taking much longer to finish then I thought lol. 

You think you’d be interested in something like that?

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Honestly I’ve been having a hard time trying to find a couple illustrations for my book, that’s taking much longer to finish then I thought lol. 

You think you’d be interested in something like that?

Sure, just need to know about the book and what you have in mind. Maybe talk about it in private?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sooth Sayer said:

Sure, just need to know about the book and what you have in mind. Maybe talk about it in private?

Awesome. I’ll have to hit you up in a little bit. I gotta feed these kids. You will hear from me soon

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Awesome. I’ll have to hit you up in a little bit. I gotta feed these kids. You will hear from me soon

Sounds good. :)

Working at putting the colours into this drawing. Even with a headache. Stopping for now. It's late. 

26850388_855801691268674_250526959179770

27023489_858893850959458_760352483087718This one is getting closer to being finished. Lots of layers of color and shading takes time. 

• Like 1

Whoa, that is some fine work mate!  Love the details... humor and story lies in the details.  I love the Missing Dog Pic.

Something that always stands out for me though... with the female superheros... they can save the world time and again, but they can never seem to afford pants.  <shrug>

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 3:31 AM, quiXilver said:

Whoa, that is some fine work mate!  Love the details... humor and story lies in the details.  I love the Missing Dog Pic.

Something that always stands out for me though... with the female superheros... they can save the world time and again, but they can never seem to afford pants.  <shrug>

Thanks. It's a challenge to tell a story with one image. There are artists out there that can't do it or don't understand the craft of an image says a thousand words. 

I feel that if I can get a story across in one drawing then it will be more than just a simple drawing, it becomes a short narrative.

Glad you enjoy my work. There's more on my fb art page if you wanna see more. 

• 1 month later...