Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God's big mistake: human

raketata

It is obvious that God made a big mistake when he created human. He is weak, mortal and able of sickness.

Angels was created before human but are neither weak, mortal and able of sickness.

Why God not created all of us angels? Why he needed to modify us as humans?

• Like 2

That is an interesting take, if you accept that we are made in his image.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, raketata said:

He is weak, mortal and able of sickness.

Welcome to UM, raketata!  I think we were created as we are exactly BECAUSE of the spiritual benefits that we get from struggle, pain and contemplating death.  I also believe that our mortal bodies are just one stage of life.  I think we are placed here in them to learn lessons.  That's my take!

• Like 5

Just now, Timonthy said:

@raketata, if God is real, do you assume that God is perfect? Are angels perfect? 

I believe God is real and perfect. Also angels are perfect.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, raketata said:

Then why did a lot of angels rebel against a perfect god, being that they themselves were perfect. Perfection wouldn't need change as it is complete.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, raketata said:

That is convenient.  

I agree that no human is perfect, but if you consider humans an imperfect creation; what of all of the animals and the rest of life on Earth?

• Like 2

The title of this thread reminds me of  Oolon Colluphid's famous trilogy:  Where God Went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes and Who is this God Person Anyway? 

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Some_More_of_God's_Greatest_Mistakes

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 3

Now if one were to really digest the Creation Story as it was passed down through the ages, it goes along somewhat rather like this. After everything else was created, there was nothing really left to create 'Man' with, it was literally, the bottom of the pot as it were. All the other creations had taken all the good and nice bits. Some might say that Man actually was the important part of the plan because He saved the best for last but I have my suspicions that that was just to make everybody feel better. Even so, that would make Woman the most important part of it all and I thank Him for that. Of course I believe in none of it, except maybe those that created this story had not a clue and they just retold it as best as they could.

~

• Like 3

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

Of course I believe in none of it, except maybe those that created this story had not a clue and they just retold it as best as they could.

Perhaps man's biggest mistake was God

• Like 6

8 hours ago, raketata said:

It is obvious that God made a big mistake when he created human. He is weak, mortal and able of sickness.

Angels was created before human but are neither weak, mortal and able of sickness.

Which faith are you referring to when you make this statement?  

The Jewish Torah (Old Testament) and midrashes differ from the Christian Bible (and the Catholic and Protestant Bibles differ) - and the Book of Mormon is different from all of those.  Islam (which uses the Old Testament plus other scriptures) differs from the others as well.  Further afield, the existing Egyptian texts tell that the Egyptian beliefs were wildly different, as are the Zoroastrian ones, the Buddhist ones, and then there's a lot of different HIndu sects (to name just a handful of religions.)

I ask because my initial thought was that you were discussing Protestant Christian beliefs and then it became clear (mentioning the angels) that you were not.

• Like 4

How do we know that humans are not perfect?  Who defines perfection?  ;) 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, raketata said:

It is obvious that God made a big mistake when he created human. 

It wasn´t your god that created humans it was the three gods Höner, Lodur and Oden!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, raketata said:

How do we know (for certain)  angels do not die...do not get ill? 

About weakness..Doesn't it stand to reason that Satan was weak and hence was kicked out of heaven? So wouldn't that propagate they are weak?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Perhaps man's biggest mistake was God

Which one? We have many deities 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

it applies to them all - so you can take your pick.

• Like 2

On 14.12.2017 at 11:50 AM, raketata said:

So what, in religious books, you did not find the answer?

A man is mortal because he is clothed in matter, he has gone on in evolution beyond all angelic hierarchies and plunged into the very abyss of matter because it is the final link of God in evolution. At one end, the spirit- God and on the other matter (the spirit, who forgot himself in physical form)
Man is a symbiosis of the work of all the hierarchies of angels, therefore he will in future become a perfect being possessing spirit and matter when he transforms it and becomes immortal in the body.God knows  what should a person become so even to the angels he ordered to bow to Adam but Satan said that he was created earlier from the fire and a man from the clay so he will not worship.

And for God, it is not important who is the first and the one who finally appeared as his material sample, because God wants to establish the kingdom of God on a physical level, and for this he needs accomplices-people on earth. God wants to establish a perfect world here, Knowledge and the Harmony that is now at the spiritual level and we, according to his idea, should become the spokesmen of the will of God and the angels are intermediaries between God and people.

Spoiler

And she cried out and said: 'Woe unto thee, thou devil. Why dost thou attack us for no cause? What hast thou to do with us? What have we done to thee? for thou pursuest us with craft? Or why doth thy malice

3 assail us? Have we taken away thy glory and caused thee to be without honour? Why dost thou harry us, thou enemy (and persecute us) to the death in wickedness and envy?'

xii 1 And with a heavy sigh, the devil spake: 'O Adam! all my hostility, envy, and sorrow is for thee, since it is for thee that I have been expelled from my glory, which I possessed in the heavens

2 in the midst of the angels and for thee was I cast out in the earth.' Adam answered, 'What dost

3 thou tell me? What have I done to thee or what is my fault against thee? Seeing that thou hast received no harm or injury from us, why dost thou pursue us?'

xiii 1 The devil replied, 'Adam, what dost thou tell me? It is for thy sake that I have been hurled

2 from that place. When thou wast formed. I was hurled out of the presence of God and banished from the company of the angels. When God blew into thee the breath of life and thy face and likeness was made in the image of God, Michael also brought thee and made (us) worship thee in the sight of God; and God the Lord spake: Here is Adam. I have made thee in our image and likeness.'

xiv 1 And Michael went out and called all the angels saying:

'Worship the image of God as the Lord God hath commanded.'

And Michael himself worshipped first; then he called me and said: 'Worship the image of God

3 the Lord.' And I answered, 'I have no (need) to worship Adam.' And since Michael kept urging me to worship, I said to him, 'Why dost thou urge me? I will not worship an inferior and younger being (than I). I am his senior in the Creation, before he was made was I already made. It is his duty to worship me.'

xv 1,2 When the angels, who were under me, heard this, they refused to worship him. And Michael saith, 'Worship the image of God, but if thou wilt not worship him, the Lord God will be wrath

3 with thee.' And I said, 'If He be wrath with me, I will set my seat above the stars of heaven and will be like the Highest.'

xvi 1 And God the Lord was wrath with me and banished me and my angels from our glory; and on

2 thy account were we expelled from our abodes into this world and hurled on the earth. And

3 straightway we were overcome with grief, since we had been spoiled of so great glory. And we

4 were grieved when we saw thee in such joy and luxury. And with guile I cheated thy wife and caused thee to be expelled through her (doing) from thy joy and luxury, as I have been driven out of my glory.

xvii 1 When Adam heard the devil say this, he cried out and wept and spake: 'O Lord my God, my life is in thy hands. Banish this Adversary far from me, who seeketh to destroy my soul, and give

2,3 me his glory which he himself hath lost.' And at that moment, the devil vanished before him. But Adam endured in his penance, standing for forty days (on end) in the water of Jordan.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/adamnev.htm

I remember when I cast god out of heaven. I think it was a Thursday. He fell like a bolt of lightening. Said he was going to make his own heaven. With blackjack and something else....oh, I forget.

In Genesis, the purpose of man was to be the gardener of the Garden of Eden. When we got cast out we lost our initial purpose, probably confusing us to this day as to, "Why are we here?"

We're still wanting to take care of Eden, but can't. It's like a curse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

In Genesis, the purpose of man was to be the gardener of the Garden of Eden. When we got cast out we lost our initial purpose, probably confusing us to this day as to, "Why are we here?"

And until they ate of the forbidden fruit, man (and woman) were immortal and wouldn’t know sickness.  God obviosuly met his match in that his human creations disobeyed him so he condemned them to a life of pain and hardship outside the garden of Eden ...... I rather see that as, 'It's my ball and you will play to my rules or I am going to take my ball home’.  Petulant from the start?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

In Genesis, the purpose of man was to be the gardener of the Garden of Eden.

Just now, Susanc241 said:

God obviosuly met his match in that his human creations disobeyed him so he condemned them to a life of pain and hardship outside the garden of Eden .

For real it was so read under the spoiler

4 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well looking back on it then,  God probably made the right decision to sack us from that role. We haven't exactly proven to be good at taking care of the 'Garden' - so to speak. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, raketata said:

Humans have the intellect to defeat sickness and overcome weaknesses. The story of the human may be much different then you think on how they were created. Angels would be in another dimension and don't deal with the 3rd dimensional world physically. If an angel were to occupy a human body they would deal with the same senses and physicality we have to deal with. No soul is greater then another but take on different experiences in different ways.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, DebDandelion said:

There is also the Mesopotamian stories from which some of Genesis is based off of. If people think that the true story is of Eve eating an apple they have much to learn. That story in Genesis is more of a symbolic interpretation of what really happened.

• Like 1