Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The true story of flying saucers (1956)

Fila

Yesterday Elon Musk said it's 2017 why isn't there a base on the Moon? This Major Keyhoe mentioned there should be one in next 5 years (1960ish). Within 10 years they were able to land on the Moon at least, but not much since then.

http://www.ibtimes.com/elon-musk-says-humans-should-already-have-moon-base-26281

Moreover the members here on this forum or any forum against linking to YouTube videos have to be placed in a category that of fundamentalist religious people from the Dark Ages who arrogantly opposed, dismissed outright, anything out of their box of established parameters. 

The particular subject of UFOs has been shown to be actively compromised and suppressed in it's reporting and assessment by elements in the military, as here Keyhoe shows. YouTube and other alternative platforms, while full of hoaxters and unsubstantiated material, nonetheless provide unfiltered research into the subject, live feed UFO hunting, etc. NASA is focused on finding exoplanets and looking for possible life 'out there' but what if they came to us here.  

Edited by Area201
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Area201 said:

Yesterday Elon Musk said it's 2017 why isn't there a base on the Moon? This Major Keyhoe mentioned there should be one in next 5 years (1960ish). Within 10 years they were able to land on the Moon at least, but not much since then.

http://www.ibtimes.com/elon-musk-says-humans-should-already-have-moon-base-26281

Moreover the members here on this forum or any forum against linking to YouTube videos have to be placed in a category that of fundamentalist religious people from the Dark Ages who arrogantly opposed, dismissed outright, anything out of their box of established parameters. 

The particular subject of UFOs has been shown to be actively compromised and suppressed in it's reporting and assessment by elements in the military, as here Keyhoe shows. YouTube and other alternative platforms, while full of hoaxters and unsubstantiated material, nonetheless provide unfiltered research into the subject, live feed UFO hunting, etc. NASA is focused on finding exoplanets and looking for possible life 'out there' but what if they came to us here.  

Another nonsensical post that does not come close to the issue with youtube videos. So let's go over this again.

1. Videos take 5 minutes to describe what can be read in 30 seconds.

2. Videos require a large download. Not everyone has a large data contract

3. Videos or off site documents should be explained, not just linked to.

If you link to a video or other document tell people why it of interest. Point out where in the video or document people can find the item or  items of interest. The first 2 posts are just a link and a video. Without an introduction I am not looking at either of them.

The idea that the military or other parts of the government are restricting access to UFO information is just another drab suggestion from those that want to complain about not having any evidence. It is a trite excuse.

The reason we left the Moon and did not continue is that the Apollo program had been a success without a single death in space. The program was closed because it was clear that people would eventually die.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For some reason the YouTube reliability thread was closed. Not individual posts removed, and allowed to continue. But locked completely. I was told to drop the subject, and not to bring it up again. I will respect the wishes of admin. if you do have an issue with YouTube clips.., please do not single out "believers" (positive researchers) ONLY> Because many of your peers also reference YouTube and have argued against you.

19 hours ago, stereologist said:

Another nonsensical post that does not come close to the issue with youtube videos. So let's go over this again.

1. Videos take 5 minutes to describe what can be read in 30 seconds.

I will discuss video however. Perhaps it is quicker to read.., but I cannot find a transcript of this program. This is not a bad thing.

Some people have trouble reading (poor visions, dyslexia etc) and this would prove beneficial to them. This is not a bad thing.

2. Videos require a large download. Not everyone has a large data contract

I agree. I totally have this problem now. But I don't let this stop me. I'm plodding along just fine. Unless you rank worse than Australia.., you'll be right.

"Australian download speeds languish in 50th place behind New Zealand, Thailand and Kenya"

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/nbn/australian-download-speeds-languish-in-50th-place-behind-new-zealand-thailand-and-kenya/news-story/8df36cfaaff9c36669566513b0dbc38a

3. Videos or off site documents should be explained, not just linked to.

I agree also. I was going to copy and paste the TCM description.., but it was late at night, so I just left the link.

If you link to a video or other document tell people why it of interest. Point out where in the video or document people can find the item or  items of interest. The first 2 posts are just a link and a video. Without an introduction I am not looking at either of them.

That's fair enough. I just love that video.., everything about it. The olden days were cool.., and everyone seemed so rational and calm by comparison. It seems like the government was more open to the public back then too hey. So cool. Anyway... It has some good UFO information, and gives a basic overview of how the UFO phenomenon came about.

The idea that the military or other parts of the government are restricting access to UFO information is just another drab suggestion from those that want to complain about not having any evidence. It is a trite excuse

Perhaps.., but just calling them names and all that hatred won't stop them. You will just keep getting angrier and angrier. Stress is really bad for you, it can actually help spread cancer researchers have found recently.

You will have to use logic and rational thinking to beat them. It might be interesting to start a thread on it.

The reason we left the Moon and did not continue is that the Apollo program had been a success without a single death in space. The program was closed because it was clear that people would eventually die.

I thought it was due to lack of funds, (interest from the public), and exhausted reasons for short expensive trips which yielded nothing more.

https://sservi.nasa.gov/?question=why-has-nasa-stopped-missions-to-the-moon

https://www.space.com/7015-40-years-moon-landing-hard.html

We understand your perspective.., however spamming your opinions is kinda pointless. It would be best to back up your opinions with evidence.., otherwise your just spamming the same thing. *snip*

Edited by rashore
rule 5i

1 minute ago, Fila said:

For some reason the YouTube reliability thread was closed. Not individual posts removed, and allowed to continue. But locked completely. I was told to drop the subject, and not to bring it up again. I will respect the wishes of admin. if you do have an issue with YouTube clips.., please do not single out "believers" (positive researchers) ONLY> Because many of your peers also reference YouTube and have argued against you.

I will discuss video however. Perhaps it is quicker to read.., but I cannot find a transcript of this program. This is not a bad thing.

Some people have trouble reading (poor visions, dyslexia etc) and this would prove beneficial to them. This is not a bad thing.

I agree. I totally have this problem now. But I don't let this stop me. I'm plodding along just fine. Unless you rank worse than Australia.., you'll be right.

"Australian download speeds languish in 50th place behind New Zealand, Thailand and Kenya"

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/nbn/australian-download-speeds-languish-in-50th-place-behind-new-zealand-thailand-and-kenya/news-story/8df36cfaaff9c36669566513b0dbc38a

I agree also. I was going to copy and paste the TCM description.., but it was late at night, so I just left the link.

That's fair enough. I just love that video.., everything about it. The olden days were cool.., and everyone seemed so rational and calm by comparison. It seems like the government was more open to the public back then too hey. So cool. Anyway... It has some good UFO information, and gives a basic overview of how the UFO phenomenon came about.

Perhaps.., but just calling them names and all that hatred won't stop them. You will just keep getting angrier and angrier. Stress is really bad for you, it can actually help spread cancer researchers have found recently.

You will have to use logic and rational thinking to beat them. It might be interesting to start a thread on it.

I thought it was due to lack of funds, (interest from the public), and exhausted reasons for short expensive trips which yielded nothing more.

https://sservi.nasa.gov/?question=why-has-nasa-stopped-missions-to-the-moon

https://www.space.com/7015-40-years-moon-landing-hard.html

This is a written discussion forum. People with reading issues such as those items you mention are not of concern. People are dealing with them in this written forum. You do not need to find a transcript or a written statement by someone else. The idea is for you to express why  you think a video or article is germane to the discussion.

Download speed is not the only issue. It is also download caps set in many areas. It is also the lack of information in videos for the time it takes to watch them. As I stated a 5 minute video probably has less content than what can be read in 30 seconds.

Pretending that other people are angry makes you look foolish. No one is angry.  There is no anger or hatred. Suggesting that is the case is just foolishness on your part.

There were plenty of reasons to stop the Moon trips. There were protests of people demanding money for people and not for space. I went to several presentations from men that walked on the Moon and it was they who suggested it was time to stop as a winner and not wait for a loss to stopthe program.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2017 at 8:52 AM, stereologist said:

This is a written discussion forum. People with reading issues such as those items you mention are not of concern. People are dealing with them in this written forum. You do not need to find a transcript or a written statement by someone else. The idea is for you to express why  you think a video or article is germane to the discussion.

Unless you raise this issue with other members.., it is apparent that you have singled me out.

The forum has an embedded video option. Others are posting videos.., why not attack them. Why am I the only one you are trying to censor?

Download speed is not the only issue. It is also download caps set in many areas. It is also the lack of information in videos for the time it takes to watch them. As I stated a 5 minute video probably has less content than what can be read in 30 seconds.

Data plans are very low in Australia.., however we are getting better this year ($80 per month for 250gb). - USB / portable 3G modems ($50 for 5gb - Mobile $30 for 1gb.)

Still frikken expensive as, and not much data. Maybe you're right. Let's go around the forum getting up people for posting videos and making me use up my data. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! lol

Pretending that other people are angry makes you look foolish. No one is angry.  There is no anger or hatred. Suggesting that is the case is just foolishness on your part.

I can understand your frustration, and see why some people think anyone who wants to look at UFOs objectively must be a silly head. But there is not much I can do about that.., I think this is your problem, not mine.

There were plenty of reasons to stop the Moon trips.

Yes.., just not the reason you mentioned as 100% fact earlier.

Just now, Fila said:

Unless you raise this issue with other members.., it is apparent that you have singled me out.

The forum has an embedded video option. Others are posting videos.., why not attack them. Why am I the only one you are trying to censor?

Data plans are very low in Australia.., however we are getting better this year ($80 per month for 250gb). - USB / portable 3G modems ($50 for 5gb - Mobile $30 for 1gb.)

Still frikken expensive as, and not much data. Maybe you're right. Let's go around the forum getting up people for posting videos and making me use up my data. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! lol

I can understand your frustration, and see why some people think anyone who wants to look at UFOs objectively must be a silly head. But there is not much I can do about that.., I think this is your problem, not mine.

Yes.., just not the reason you mentioned as 100% fact earlier.

I raise this case with everyone that posts a link or video or photo with  no explanation. Most people just get with the program and upgrade their posts with a written reason without discussing the reasons for writing in a written discussion forum. Besides I am not attacking anyone. You seem to frivolous attribute tactics such as attacking, anger, and hatred when that is not happening. I simply stated that unless you tell people why they should look at a video they won't. There are plenty of posters here that will not click on a link or video if no reason is given to do so. Also, I am not censoring anyone. Where am I censoring or making a request to censor? Simply not happening. I just won't waste my time watching a video because someone placed a link in a discussion forum.

My guess is that you are quite young and have no idea about time management. Time is more valuable than the cost of a plan. There are also many capped plans because people are using their phones and not computers. Just remember that your current computer situation is different than many users around the world.

The goal is to put together your thoughts and not hope a few people might click on some video link you posted. What are your thoughts on the issue? That is what forms a discussion.

Another straw man argument. I have never suggested or stated or posted that I think people looking into UFOs are silly heads. I have posted that there are instances of being "silly heads" concerning particular cases. Your problem continues to be misrepresenting other posters. You really need to stop doing that. It makes you look like a little kid.

You'd be completely wrong about the Moon mission being stopped before there was a tragedy. That comes from 3 lectures by 3 different people that walked on the Moon. I bet you've never been to such a lecture.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2017 at 9:19 AM, stereologist said:

I raise this case with everyone that posts a link or video or photo with  no explanation.

Here's one example where you didn't. Want me to find more? http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/314138-oumuamua/

I addressed this already. We moved onto "data restrictions" being the problem and how "this is a written forum" so don't post videos.

Most people just get with the program and upgrade their posts with a written reason without discussing the reasons for writing in a written discussion forum. Besides I am not attacking anyone. You seem to frivolous attribute tactics such as attacking, anger, and hatred when that is not happening. I simply stated that unless you tell people why they should look at a video they won't. There are plenty of posters here that will not click on a link or video if no reason is given to do so. etc etc......

I can no longer edit the OC.., but I agreed and we moved past this already.

It does feels like you are attacking me. If I am doing something wrong.., just inform me calmly.., but please cease "ordering" me what to do.

Also, I am not censoring anyone. Where am I censoring or making a request to censor? Simply not happening. I just won't waste my time watching a video because someone placed a link in a discussion forum.

You were telling me to stop posting videos on a "written discussion board".

My guess is that you are quite young and have no idea about time management. Time is more valuable than the cost of a plan. There are also many capped plans because people are using their phones and not computers. Just remember that your current computer situation is different than many users around the world.

Yes, ranked 50th in the world. I remember posting the link. Much worse off than most here I assume (ADSL1)

I don't understand the "time management being more valuable than a plan" comment.

I don't think home internet plans are capped because people use phones. My phone internet (as shown above) is way more expensive than a cabled home plan.

The goal is to put together your thoughts and not hope a few people might click on some video link you posted. What are your thoughts on the issue? That is what forms a discussion.

Although I agreed already (and thought we moved on).., this is not a forum rule. And I would prefer it if you made suggestions.., as opposed to acting like a vigilante moderator.

Thank you.

Another straw man argument. I have never suggested or stated or posted that I think people looking into UFOs are silly heads. I have posted that there are instances of being "silly heads" concerning particular cases. Your problem continues to be misrepresenting other posters. You really need to stop doing that. It makes you look like a little kid.

"Silly heads" was my term.., Just trying to keep things light. However you have said basically this many times. I trawled through your page finding examples.. but realised I better not post them.

I don't want to continue this at risk of being banned from the website for personal attacks.., or warring with other users. Let's attack the data.., not each other.

You'd be completely wrong about the Moon mission being stopped before there was a tragedy. That comes from 3 lectures by 3 different people that walked on the Moon. I bet you've never been to such a lecture.

You would lose that bet. I have 3 mandatory lectures per day at Uni. I also attend optional space/geology lectures just for fun.

Perhaps safety was an issue. But I will not be able to take your word on it without further evidence (I'm sure you can understand that)

Besides, the official NASA response did not mention this.., maybe NASA are lying to the public?

Edited by Fila

48 minutes ago, Fila said:

Besides, the official NASA response did not mention this.., maybe NASA are lying to the public?

How many times do you need telling...that NASA dont own space.... and that NASA are not the only ones with space agencies.....

• Like 1

On 15/12/2017 at 10:32 AM, seeder said:

How many times do you need telling...that NASA dont own space.... and that NASA are not the only ones with space agencies.....

Once would be sufficient. If you have said this before already to me.,. apologies. But I don't remember. Please refresh my memory.

I totally agree bro..,NASA does not own space, nor is it infallible or all knowing.., but Stereo was talking about NASA I'm fairly sure (Apollo). Perhaps his lecturer was talking about the Russian moon landings? lol

"Russia will send a team of cosmonauts to the Moon, 60 years after Neil Armstrong’s Apollo mission effectively ended the US-Soviet space race."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/9141416/Russia-to-finally-send-man-to-the-Moon.html

Edited by Fila

13 hours ago, Fila said:

Here's one example where you didn't. Want me to find more? http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/314138-oumuamua/

I addressed this already. We moved onto "data restrictions" being the problem and how "this is a written forum" so don't post videos.

I can no longer edit the OC.., but I agreed and we moved past this already.

It does feels like you are attacking me. If I am doing something wrong.., just inform me calmly.., but please cease "ordering" me what to do.

You were telling me to stop posting videos on a "written discussion board".

Yes, ranked 50th in the world. I remember posting the link. Much worse off than most here I assume (ADSL1)

I don't understand the "time management being more valuable than a plan" comment.

I don't think home internet plans are capped because people use phones. My phone internet (as shown above) is way more expensive than a cabled home plan.

Although I agreed already (and thought we moved on).., this is not a forum rule. And I would prefer it if you made suggestions.., as opposed to acting like a vigilante moderator.

Thank you.

"Silly heads" was my term.., Just trying to keep things light. However you have said basically this many times. I trawled through your page finding examples.. but realised I better not post them.

I don't want to continue this at risk of being banned from the website for personal attacks.., or warring with other users. Let's attack the data.., not each other.

You would lose that bet. I have 3 mandatory lectures per day at Uni. I also attend optional space/geology lectures just for fun.

Perhaps safety was an issue. But I will not be able to take your word on it without further evidence (I'm sure you can understand that)

Wonderful, you found a sot where I did not bother to ask someone to introduce the video which I also did not watch. Keep up the good work sunshine. Just because I did not bother there does not mean I skipped asking others to post reasons for their videos OR links.

See this is a lie, just like other lies you've been posting about what I have written: "You were telling me to stop posting videos on a "written discussion board"." You do understand that this is a lie, right? I never stated that or suggested that. I did ask for something very different.

You also go on with same nonsensical prattle about attacking, hate, anger or whatever. Maybe I should point out that you seem to have a strong aversion to being truthful. Your straw man arguments are really about being untruthful about my posts. You lied recently about my statements from Apollo astronauts that walked on the Moon. Now you lied about a simple request to give reasons for posting links and videos. You call me a vigilante moderator. I'm not a mod. I simply asked you as I've suggested to many others to give a reason to watch a video. All sorts of newbies come to this forum and say little while spamming threads with pointless videos.

Thank you for admitting you are clueless about the many different plans people have for internet around the world. That's a fair thing to tell people. It simply tells people that certain areas of discussion needs to  be explained in m ore detail. In the case of capped plans it means that someone is limited as to the amount of data that can be downloaded. Plans might have a 4Gig download a month limit or might have quality of service limits making downloads slow and cumbersome. If I had that I would not watch any of these rather vacuous videos.

Would I lose the bet? I don't believe that to be the case. Just because you took a course means very little. You've already mentioned one other course that apparently you slept through.

• Like 1

NASA comes out a winner with no loss of human life in space during the Apollo program.

Oh please post whatever official NASA response you are talking about.

On 15/12/2017 at 11:14 PM, stereologist said:

NASA comes out a winner with no loss of human life in space during the Apollo program.

Oh please post whatever official NASA response you are talking about.

I posted references in Comment #6

3 minutes ago, Fila said:

I posted references in Comment #6

Please post whatever official NASA response you are talking about.

On 15/12/2017 at 11:11 PM, stereologist said:

Wonderful, you found a sot where I did not bother to ask someone to introduce the video which I also did not watch. Keep up the good work sunshine. Just because I did not bother there does not mean I skipped asking others to post reasons for their videos OR links.

Well, now's your chance. Go get him seeing as you do this to everyone.

On 15/12/2017 at 11:11 PM, stereologist said:

See this is a lie, just like other lies you've been posting about what I have written: "You were telling me to stop posting videos on a "written discussion board"." You do understand that this is a lie, right? I never stated that or suggested that. I did ask for something very different.

Dude...(sigh)... You know what? I think we are done here. I am just going to ignore you from now on. I cannot say anymore without risk of being banned but I just don't think we are ever going to be on the same level. I might skim through your posts to look for anything relative to the discussion.., otherwise I am done with this personal attack stuff.

Have a good one.

Edited by Fila

1 hour ago, Fila said:

Well, now's your chance. Go get him seeing as you do this to everyone.

Dude...(sigh)... You know what? I think we are done here. I am just going to ignore you from now on. I cannot say anymore without risk of being banned but I just don't think we are ever going to be on the same level. I might skim through your posts to look for anything relative to the discussion.., otherwise I am done with this personal attack stuff.

Have a good one.

You lied and it is an obvious callous lie.

Here is the issue:

What is with the vitriol? Why the anger? Why the falsehood?

You are the attacker by posting a lie.

I asked the following question:

Please post whatever official NASA response you are talking about.

Your refusal I will take as a tacit admittance that you simply made up what you wrote below:

You aren't the first angry young person to bluff and be caught.

Thread cleaned

That's enough folks - keep it civil or step away from the discussion.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 16/12/2017 at 1:24 AM, stereologist said:

You lied and it is an obvious callous lie.

Here is the issue:

What is with the vitriol? Why the anger? Why the falsehood?

You are the attacker by posting a lie.

Hello Stereo. I think I see the issue. I misinterpreted your post when you said I should provide a written overview of why its important, and what its about. I did agree I should have provided some context.., and explained it was late so I just left the link.,. and it was too late to change the OP.

I agree that some people have ISP caps.., and in Australia we have some of the worst. I pay $10 for 1gb so I totally understand.

You kept going with it, and I guess it started getting very confusing because I thought we dealt with the issue, and figured you must have meant something else. I apologise for misreading your post.., but I wouldn't classify this a lie. I believe a lie is when someone intentionally says something incorrect.., when they know for a fact that its not true. I can honestly say I misinterpreted your words (as can be seen from the start) and was not an attempt at lying. I hope you can see the difference.

If not.., please let me know why you think I am intentionally lying.., compared to a misinterpretation. Please note that being wrong is not lying.., you will need to provide a rationale showing the difference between a lie and misinterpretation.., and how my posts are lies in order to accuse me of lying.

I am always open to being wrong. Providing I am not arrogant while wrong.., and acknowledge being wrong afterwards.., I don't see a problem with this.., even if you try to turn it into one.

Just letting you know that I am 100% certain to make at least 1 mistake between now.., and the day I die. I can guarantee it. At least one. Its how I deal with it when it arises that determines whether its a "big serious issue".., or something I can work around. Its our "reaction" that makes it worse.

I realise this in year 3 at school. I can trip over out the bush an no one sees me. No biggie.., I just look out for holes or whatever next time.., lesson learnt. But I saw a kid trip in front of the whole school.., and he was mocked for weeks and went quiet ever since,

Einstein was wrong about many things.., yet this doesn't mean we ignore when he is right.., and it doesn't mean he was "lying".

Edited by Fila

19 minutes ago, Fila said:

Hello Stereo. I think I see the issue. I misinterpreted your post when you said I should provide a written overview of why its important, and what its about. I did agree I should have provided some context.., and explained it was late so I just left the link.,. and it was too late to change the OP.
I agree that some people have ISP caps.., and in Australia we have some of the worst. I pay $10 for 1gb so I totally understand.

You kept going with it, and I guess it started getting very confusing. I apologise for misreading your post.., but I wouldn't classify this a lie. I believe a lie is when someone intentionally says something incorrect.., when they know for a fact that its not true. I can honestly say I misinterpreted your words (as can be seen from the start) and was not an attempt at lying. I hope you can see the difference.

If not.., please let me know why you think I am intentionally lying.., compared to a misinterpretation. Please note that being wrong is not lying.., you will need to provide a rationale in order to accuse me of lying.

I am always open to being wrong. Providing I am not arrogant while wrong.., and acknowledge being wrong afterwards.., I don't see a problem with this.., even if you try to turn it into one.

Just letting you know that I am 100% certain to make at least 1 mistake between now.., and the day I die. I can guarantee it. At least one. Its how I deal with it when it arises that determines whether its a "big serious issue".., or something I can work around. Its our "reaction" that makes it worse.

I realise this in year 3 at school. I can trip over out the bush an no one sees me. No biggie.., I just look out for holes or whatever next time.., lesson learnt. But I saw a kid trip in front of the whole school.., and he was mocked for weeks and went quiet ever since,

Einstein was wrong about many things.., yet this doesn't mean we ignore when he is right.

Are you lying about the $10/GB? 

As far as I know, the only time anyone here pays $10/GB anymore is if you go over your mobile data limit, then you’re charged $10/GB after that. It’s been like that for years...

The only exception would probably be remote satellite internet or something, but I don’t know what they charge, or if that applies to you. 

This could be an important lesson in exactly what you’re talking about. Are you blatantly lying or misleading? Are you unintentionally doing it? Or am I misinterpreting you?

Edit: Nope, even remote satellite is far cheaper than $10/GB. https://reachnet.com.au/products/satellite/

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.

50 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Are you lying about the $10/GB? 

As far as I know, the only time anyone here pays $10/GB anymore is if you go over your mobile data limit, then you’re charged $10/GB after that. It’s been like that for years...

The only exception would probably be remote satellite internet or something, but I don’t know what they charge, or if that applies to you. 

This could be an important lesson in exactly what you’re talking about. Are you blatantly lying or misleading? Are you unintentionally doing it? Or am I misinterpreting you?

I'm glad these are the biggest issues we're having with this thread.., and not the actual content about UFOs. :) Its a great excuse to bump this thread.

Nope. No lie. I am with Telstra on a pre-paid phone. Some plans are even worse. I was on Telstra longlife for a coupla years ago which was $2/mb. I think they have new plans now (just checked) which gives a whopping 2gb for $15. lol. And yes.., once you go over you are charged butt loads more.

Obviously with all deals, the more you buy in bulk.., the cheaper it is. However I prefer to keep my phone bill to $30 per month as I grew up without phone and internet and see any excess as a luxury.., not mandatory. Got my first phone age 19. This amount is fine for forums, emails and the likes. I choose Telstra for their higher coverage in remote areas.., as I frequent the bush often and need the best signal I can get in case of emergency. I can climb a mountain and get 2 bars with Telstra.., but mates will get nothing.

Even their USB modem plans are $20 for 2gb (to be used in 2 weeks)

Perhaps instead of calling each other liars each time we think someone is incorrect.., perhaps we could word it differently. Something like.., "Hey Fila.., that sounds really expensive. Are you sure those figures are accurate? From my understanding... etc etc".

That has a more neutral tone than accusing people of being a liar based on information "as far as I know" .

Otherwise we gonna be accusing each other with each rebuttal "You are lying.., as far as I know these are the facts".., which kinda promotes a negative environment and may discourage people from speaking up in fear of being ridiculed or attacked if wrong. We can promote fact checking via a different method without attacking each other.

My friend has satellite internet out bush.., and its terribly slow and expensive. I forgot what he pays but yea.., so not worth it and more expensive than other phone connections. Even thin cloud cover makes it impossible to use. Pathetic.

Anyway.., my main point was that I agreed with Stereo about videos using a lot of data.., and can totes relate.

Edited by Fila

11 minutes ago, Fila said:

I'm glad these are the biggest issues we're having with this thread.., and not the actual content about UFOs. :) Its a great excuse to bump this thread.

Nope. No lie. I am with Telstra on a pre-paid phone. Some plans are even worse. I was on Telstra longlife for a coupla years ago which was $2/mb. I think they have new plans now (just checked) which gives a whopping 2gb for $15. lol. And yes.., once you go over you are charged butt loads more.

Obviously with all deals, the more you buy in bulk.., the cheaper it is. However I prefer to keep my phone bill to $30 per month as I grew up without phone and internet and see any excess as a luxury.., not mandatory. Got my first phone age 19. This amount is fine for forums, emails and the likes. I choose Telstra for their higher coverage in remote areas.., as I frequent the bush often and need the best signal I can get in case of emergency. I can climb a mountain and get 2 bars with Telstra.., but mates will get nothing.

Even their USB modem plans are $20 for 2gb (to be used in 2 weeks)

Perhaps instead of calling each other liars each time we think someone is incorrect.., perhaps we could word it differently. Something like.., "Hey Fila.., that sounds really expensive. Are you sure those figures are accurate? From my understanding... etc etc".

Otherwise we gonna be accusing each other all day everyday.., which kinda promotes a negative environment and may discourage people from speaking up in fear of being ridiculed or attacked if wrong. We can promote fact checking via a different method.

My friend has satellite internet out bush.., and its terribly slow and expensive. I forgot what he pays but yea.., so not worth it. Even thin cloud cover makes it impossible to use. Pathetic.

Anyway.., my main point was that I agreed with Stereo about videos using a lot of data.., and can totes relate.

It does seem like a derail, but it’s the crux of your post which I replied to. 

The Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life Plan was to serve a very specific purpose; paying the least amount possible for access to a mobile service for the longest possible time, not for data. So that’s misleading. 

If you’re currently paying $30/month and only getting 3GB, you’re getting royally shafted. Unless it’s some kind of obscure plan with another specific purpose, like the Long Life Plans.

By any measure, using the most obscure mobile or USB modem data plans as evidence that you pay $10/GB for data here is misleading, in the context you presented.

What you posted was just too ironic for me to ignore. And I wouldn’t have even seen it if it wasn’t for the clickbait OP title.

3 hours ago, Timonthy said:

It does seem like a derail, but it’s the crux of your post which I replied to. 

The Telstra Pre-Paid Long Life Plan was to serve a very specific purpose; paying the least amount possible for access to a mobile service for the longest possible time, not for data. So that’s misleading.

Misleading? I stated how much I pay on my current plan. NOT A LIE. I stated how much a new plan costs. NOT A LIE. I stated the worst plan also.., but NOT as my main plan or my main argument.., yet you choose to focus on this claiming I tried to mislead you? Nice twist bro.., but I disagree.

I did say that (like most things) the more you pay, the cheaper it is. Sure, there are better deals that cost more money..,BUT I am not on those plans. I cannot afford that each month.., okay? 

Sure.., other phone companies are cheaper.., BUT I am not with them because they have poor to no service in my area. Okay?

So yes. That IS what I (and many others) pay, regardless of what you "think" or accuse me of "lying" about, or trying to "mislead" you. If I wasn't paying that.., and it WAS a very obscure plan.., then YES.., that would be misleading. But I AM paying that much.., and it is NOT an "obscure" plan. 

You have cherrypicked one part out of context.., twisted it to use as my main argument.., and accusing me of misleading people, When you have done it yourself.

If you’re currently paying $30/month and only getting 3GB, you’re getting royally shafted. Unless it’s some kind of obscure plan with another specific purpose, like the Long Life Plans.

That depends on the plan you get. There are other pros and cons for each plan. I am on a normal Telstra plan, and that's what I pay.
I do agree that internet should be cheaper.., but there is nothing I can do about it. This is something you will need to discuss with your service provider.

By any measure, using the most obscure mobile or USB modem data plans as evidence that you pay $10/GB for data here is misleading, in the context you presented.

What you posted was just too ironic for me to ignore. And I wouldn’t have even seen it if it wasn’t for the clickbait OP title.

You claim I am using "the most obscure plan".., without actually looking into anything. I think we are done here. Have a great weekend.

MOBILE BROADBAND - $20 = 2gb https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/mobile-broadband/prepaid

NEW PLAN I FOUND - $15 = 2gb https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/data-packs

I will be swapping over to the new plan.., where I can save $5 per month (yay!). The doggs don't inform us of new plans.., and will keep you on the same one. I guess something good came from all this after all. Thank you for your post.

Edited by Fila