Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson Suicide

ExpandMyMind

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died of a "probable suicide," the Bullitt County coroner said.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson drove onto the bridge over the Salt River on Greenwell Ford Road in Mt. Washington, parked on the north side of it and shot himself in front of his car. His body was found on the bank of the river, just past the bridge.

Just before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Johnson posted the following message on his Facebook page:

The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. “PLEASE LISTEN CLOSELY, Only Three things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1)blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone especially yourself .(3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT !

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/rep-dan-johnson-commits-suicide-on-bridge-in-mt-washington

Coward! I thought suicide was a sin in Christianity.......

• Like 6

I kinda sympathized for his family until I saw the 9-11 reference ... I dunno ... don't seem like its the full picture he's painting for a suicide note ... sorry to say ~

• Like 3

I would think someone who was innocent - especially someone with a family - would not take the road of suicide. 

• Like 3

A rather selfish road, this street to martyrdom ...

~

• Like 3

I know nothing about these charges, but that suicide post is pretty depressing if he's innocent.

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Coward! I thought suicide was a sin in Christianity.......

In the eye's of God one sin is not greater than another.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I would think someone who was innocent - especially someone with a family - would not take the road of suicide. 

That's not always true. False accusations, that destroy lives, can be enough. I don't know whether or not the accusations are false. I do know that myriad things can lead to suicide.

• Like 5

Am I alone in thinking that this sex-crimes Witch Hunt may have gone a little too far?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Am I alone in thinking that this sex-crimes Witch Hunt may have gone a little too far?

I can't stand Cosby, Moore, Weinstein, and others. I think that they're guilty as sin. I believe almost all of the girls and women in those cases. That aside, I smell the burning flesh of falsely accused "warlocks".

• Like 2

Nothing fueled by this much pent up frustration and anger stops at the balance point without overshooting.  There might be some false accusations.  There will probably be a lot more memories surfacing of incidents that are a lot less cut and dried than Cosby and Moore.   It is definitely changing the public awareness of what is acceptable, I am not sure that was so clear 20 years ago.

51 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer filed a police report on Wednesday, alerting authorities of a false document accusing him of sexual harassment.

The document, which The New York Times said resembled a court filing, alleged Schumer sexually harassed a female former staff member on Capitol Hill, but Schumer's spokesman, Matt House, said the document was forged and the allegations are false.

cont...

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/12/13/Sen-Chuck-Schumer-alerts-police-of-false-sexual-harassment-claim/2391513210392/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=19

• Like 1

Seems like the girl who accused Dan Johnson reported it to the police over 4 years ago. This article, from KCIR seems to be where the accusation resurfaced.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yea that was my first thought as well. 

Guess ya never know though. At least this didn’t come out of nowhere. She is just bringing it up again 4 years later. 

If he was innocent thou, damn that really sucks. 

• Like 1

it takes a lot to drive someone to suicide. whether that is guilt or innocence in this case we don't know. 

Either way, it is sad end to life.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That's not always true. False accusations, that destroy lives, can be enough. I don't know whether or not the accusations are false. I do know that myriad things can lead to suicide.

Oh I don't doubt that there are many factors in play and that every person would have a somewhat different reaction, but when you have a family - 5 kids and  even more grand-kids - surely you fight to clear your name at all costs? I think in most cases, under those circumstances, you would. Barring any other serious mental health issues like chronic depression of course.

• Like 1

Critical signs that profilers would note in cases of suicide investigations ...

~

1. the bridge
  2. in front of the car (not inside)
  3. Conservatives take a stand.
  4. I LOVE GOD I LOVE MY WIFE + who is the best WIFE in the world
  5. 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life
  6. if you love me
  7. blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself

~

There is a pattern there ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

The signs are everywhere! 

adbdbd83c2a687d5adb6fa26e2a00917.jpg

b0ff72491b180c56b9ae3af532425f7e.jpg

:lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The signs are everywhere! 

Not that kind of signs ... was peeking at some Psychiatric evaluations related to the suicide note being exchanged at some other forum ... :lol:

Not final but the points raised were interesting ... though how valid or substantial to a any conclusions I have no idea ...

~

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

* Puts on tinfoil fedora *

The thing about Facebook suicide notes, I guess -- is that anyone that has access to your Facebook account can write them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

* Puts on tinfoil fedora *

The thing about Facebook suicide notes, I guess -- is that anyone that has access to your Facebook account can write them.

Oh ... I was not aware of that ... sorry ...

~

Addendum : I mean I had no idea that the suicide note might not be real ...

Edited by third_eye
addendum

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Oh ... I was not aware of that ... sorry ...

It's probably nothing. Just my tinfoil spidey sense tingling.

I'm sure if the suicide wasn't a suicide, the police will work it out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

It's probably nothing. Just my tinfoil spidey sense tingling.

I'm sure if the suicide wasn't a suicide, the police will work it out.

Yeah ... that's what I was alluding to ... so far what I've read is that the 'note' is not the whole picture as to the reasons or motivating factors ... 9-11 WTC seems a bit off track or current to be a principal factor ...

~

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Yeah ... that's what I was alluding to ... so far what I've read is that the 'note' is not the whole picture as to the reasons or motivating factors ... 9-11 WTC seems a bit off track or current to be a principal factor ...

From the KCIR article I linked, earlier:

Looking out a hotel window, he watched the second plane crash into the World Trade Center. He raced to Ground Zero. He pulled a body from the outstretched arms of first responders.

He set up a morgue right there, right near the rubble. And for two weeks — two heinous weeks — the Pope gave last rites for “all of those” pulled from the towers.

But Storm Swain, a Philadelphia theology professor who wrote a book about chaplains at Ground Zero, has never heard of Johnson. She said it’s highly unlikely that any civilian, let alone an out-of-town clergyman, would have been asked to — or would have been able to — set up a morgue in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.

And a spokeswoman for New York City’s medical examiner’s office said she checked with several colleagues who were at the scene. No one remembers Danny Ray Johnson.

Johnson has photos, which he shares all the time, and which appear to show that he was in New York around the time of 9/11. They include shots of him with luminaries such as then-New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“I live 9/11 every day of my life,” he said at the 2013 Freedom Watch rally in Washington.

I highly recommend reading the entire article. It's long -- but it's a fascinating read.

• Like 2

On 2017-12-14 at 4:55 PM, OverSword said:

I know nothing about these charges, but that suicide post is pretty depressing if he's innocent.

In the eye's of God one sin is not greater than another.

Try telling that to Constantine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tiggs said:

I highly recommend reading the entire article. It's long -- but it's a fascinating read.

THanks for the link ... an eye opener ... puts a lot of perspective to what I read last night which I could not make heads or tails of ...

~

• Like 2