Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to deal with gullible believers?

Fila

1 minute ago, Fila said:

This explains why sceptics and believers are gullible. But does not back up your specific claim. Which is what I am asking data or.

Xeno: "A similar things when there are waves of ghost movies and tv shows. Seems like paranormal claims spike on UM."

Actually it does. A meme is an idea. Shared from mind to mind through various means. Media is a good one. I "created" a haunted house through suggestion. I simply implanting the idea into a willing mind. Didn't take long for it to get around and people actually thought the old house was haunted. They completely fabricated the haunting. That's what memes do. I can not tell you how many ouija board threads we had after those Conjuring movies came out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Area201 said:

20th century most famous earliest sighting was this pair https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_and_Betty_Hill . I understand every skeptic thinks every one of these stories "has been debunked". They would like that to be the case. These are not "evidence" as they don't have the proper substantiation, but they do provide circumstantial testimony to events, when taken as a whole, point to Greys. This is just tip of the iceberg. 

As far as earliest I've come across, is depictions on ancient sites going back thousands of years. Is this "proof". No. Only the bodies here and now and crafts would be "proof" but should we not give any credit to this to support the theory? I think it's very reasonable not to.

FbRfMQs.jpg

Polynesia.png

On 16/12/2017 at 8:31 AM, XenoFish said:

Objectively it's highly doubtful that any of those stories are true.

This seems to be the best excuse to not look objectively (Dismissive attitudes are wrong)

On 16/12/2017 at 8:31 AM, XenoFish said:

However a subjective experience like a night terror involving aliens or demons is "real" to the individual having it. Demons only exist within the mind and imaginations of those who believe in them. The deeper the belief the strong effect they'll have on the individual subconscious. If the individual lives within a religious/spiritual saturate culture these "demonic encounters" are more prevalent. If the culture has this obsession with aliens, then guess what happens? 

I must reamin sceptical of your information unless you can provide actual data. Otherwise I will just post my opinion which is the opposite.., and I believe that's how arguments start. We need to remain factual.

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

Just now, Fila said:

This seems to be the best excuse to now look objectively (Dismissive attitudes are wrong)

I must reamin sceptical of your information unless you can provide actual data. Otherwise I will just post my opinion which is the opposite.., and I believe that's how arguments start. We need to remain factual.

It's your willful ignorance not mine. I provided support for my claims. Have fun.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Area201 said:

20th century most famous earliest sighting was this pair https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_and_Betty_Hill . I understand every skeptic thinks every one of these stories "has been debunked". They would like that to be the case. These are not "evidence" as they don't have the proper substantiation, but they do provide circumstantial testimony to events, when taken as a whole, point to Greys. This is just tip of the iceberg. 

As far as earliest I've come across, is depictions on ancient sites going back thousands of years. Is this "proof". No. Only the bodies here and now and crafts would be "proof" but should we not give any credit to this to support the theory? I think it's very reasonable to do.

FbRfMQs.jpg

EgyptianArtifact_resized.png

• Like 1

Just now, Truthseeker007 said:

EgyptianArtifact_resized.png

when you post images like that...post the SOURCE link too.... otherwise someone photo-shopped it...or hoaxed it any other way

• Like 4

On 16/12/2017 at 8:37 AM, seeder said:

I did even better than that....I posted articles showing that gray aliens was dreamt up in the 1800's.... LONG before TV...dont you read my posts?

I also did the same for Little green men... do try to keep up. I suggest you read my two previous posts about that

You miss the point of backing up claims. I will ask again.

I was hoping you could provide me a reference of UFO sightings from 1940 (or whatever the new date you have set is) to when the shows aired (or articles).., so I can see the correlation.

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Area201 said:

As far as earliest I've come across, is depictions on ancient sites going back thousands of years. Is this "proof". No. Only the bodies here and now and crafts would be "proof" but should we not give any credit to this to support the theory? I think it's very reasonable to do.

FbRfMQs.jpg

still waiting for the link/source where this image comes from

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fila said:

You miss the point of backing up claims. I will ask again.

I was hoping you could provide me a reference of UFO sightings from 1940 (or whatever the new date you have set is) to when the shows aired (or articles).., so I can see the correlation.

My name isnt google, and Im not a search engine....dont be lazy....google it for yourself

• Like 2

On 16/12/2017 at 8:42 AM, seeder said:

you provided no source links which I asked for

Don't you just hate that?

Edited by Fila

On 16/12/2017 at 8:43 AM, XenoFish said:

Actually it does. A meme is an idea. Shared from mind to mind through various means. Media is a good one. I "created" a haunted house through suggestion. I simply implanting the idea into a willing mind. Didn't take long for it to get around and people actually thought the old house was haunted. They completely fabricated the haunting. That's what memes do. I can not tell you how many ouija board threads we had after those Conjuring movies came out.

Xeno: A similar thins when there are waves of ghost movies and tv shows. Seems like paranormal claims spike on UM.

I need data on this bit. Do you have the figures?

Edited by Fila

Just now, Fila said:

Xeno: Seems like paranormal claims spike on UM.

I need data on this bit. Do you have the figures?

Google it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seeder said:

when you post images like that...post the SOURCE link too.... otherwise someone photo-shopped it...or hoaxed it any other way

Sure no problem and good point:

https://undergroundscience.net/other/7-pieces-of-ancient-art-that-prove-the-gods-were-here/

http://www.thinkaboutit-aliens.com/ufo-alien-egyptian-artifacts-discovered-jerusalem-kept-secret-rockefeller-museum/

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Did you know you CANNOT link to articles that have "adult themes".... scroll down on your top link.....mind you, it shows the type of trash you read doesnt it?  :tu:

16 minutes ago, seeder said:

Look up Tribal Body Modification....or words similar...

People have rediscovered that they want to modify their bodies....the following are genuine images

bodymodification-2-of-2.jpg

2016-05-15_0858-680x365_c.png

Where did you get my picture from (2nd pic)?! And I'm not even wearing my red and black makeup.  Not happy!!!

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Did you know you CANNOT link to articles that have "adult themes".... scroll down on your top link.....mind you, it shows the type of trash you read doesnt it?  :tu:

Why are you so hostile? What do you mean adult themes? I don't see any adult themes on those sites. Maybe your getting advertisements from what you were looking at.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seeder said:

still waiting for the link/source where this image comes from

STILL WAITING AREA 201

Whats up?  Is is that YOU KNOW I will debunk your images?

On 16/12/2017 at 8:45 AM, XenoFish said:

It's your willful ignorance not mine. I provided support for my claims. Have fun.

Xeno "it's highly doubtful that any of those stories are true" is an example of wilful ignorance and a dismissive attitude.

You failed to provide the reference I asked for to support your claim that "A similar things when there are waves of ghost movies and tv shows. Seems like paranormal claims spike on UM."

On 16/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, seeder said:

My name isnt google, and Im not a search engine....dont be lazy....google it for yourself

Haha, love it! i am gonna attempt this for my next assignment. Instead of providing a list of reference to back up my claims.., I will just write at the bottom of the page Google it!.

But seriously.., that's not how it works I'm afraid.

Also. Hypocrisy bro. (and double standards)

On 16/12/2017 at 8:14 AM, seeder said:

Tell me....the earliest description of a gray alien please?

On 16/12/2017 at 8:42 AM, seeder said:

you provided no source links which I asked for

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, seeder said:

STILL WAITING AREA 201

Whats up?  Is is that YOU KNOW I will debunk your images?

Last time I ask for the source links, Ive been asking for half an hour now....

so we all have to accept that the link wont be posted because Area201 KNOWS they will be busted

Don't worry scrub. If you last long enough on UM you'll see the pattern for yourself. I still say you are a rather pompous arrogant individual. Instead of actually doing the work yourself you want others to do it for you. A bit self entitled much?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Area201 said:

FbRfMQs.jpg

The ancient aliens myth has been debunked and discussed here countless times but if you are truly interested you can consult this rather lengthy documentary on the subject.   Skip around to where they address your particular image or similar.  To dismiss all of man's creations and myths as monkey see monkey do is not only a weak argument and a lazy one, it is an insult to our species.  Same with the  body modification were because we saw aliens with long heads question offered by Fila.  If he cared enough about the subject he would research it yet he simply says "Prove it is not."   

Cranial deformation predates written history so we may never know but the least likely answer is ancient aliens with elongated skulls visited earth.  Why?  Because we have absolutely zero evidence of aliens ever visiting tis planet. The most likely answer, IMHO, is status based on children born with the deformation.  Likely a child born with this deformation would have been seen as touched by the Gods which leads to a desire to emulate that deformation with future children.   I have no proof this is the cause but what is more likely, my explanation or visiting, big headed aliens?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2