Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to deal with gullible believers?

Fila

1 hour ago, seeder said:

you must have misread the post, the very first guy to propose it called it science fiction.... later authors suggested it was fact

Maybe that explains why we have not heard about him, at least I never did. Yeah I guess I did misread your link. Later authors did their own research and came up with own take. 

Edited by Area201

1 hour ago, seeder said:

I dont have to know you....   a man is known by the beliefs he has

Yeah you talk about yawning because you've heard everything before. But we have long threads on Delogne, as I said new developments come up, Unackowledged was published, Managing Magic, these are all unique takes on the subject. You are good at derailing conversation, I grant you that. That is telling as about what a man you are.

Edited by Area201
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Area201 said:

Yeah you talk about yawning because you've heard everything before. But we have long threads on Delogne, as I said new developments come up, Unackowledged was published, Managing Magic, these are all unique takes on the subject. You are good at derailing conversation, I grant you that. 

No derailing at all....it has to do with gullible types, as per the OP....its just further examples that show the gullible....how gullible they really are..

and I bet that hurts...

But let me clear something up....Ive said OFTEN..... I believe...in the possibility of alien life....somewhere out there....

Its just I dont believe they have ever been here, even at the speed of light....speed of light is fast of course....but space is so damned huge... Our Milky Way galaxy of stars is so huge that even at the speed of light it would take 100,000 years to travel across it!

Gullible believers dont realise stuff like that

11 minutes ago, seeder said:

But let me clear something up....Ive said OFTEN..... I believe...in the possibility of alien life....somewhere out there....

Its just I dont believe they have ever been here, even at the speed of light....speed of light is fast of course....but space is so damned huge... Our Milky Way galaxy of stars is so huge that even at the speed of light it would take 100,000 years to travel across it!

Gullible believers dont realise stuff like that

so do you see what I mean?   what creature/alien can live 100,000 years to get here....and the same amount of time to go home again?  And thats JUST in OUR galaxy....life in ANOTHER galaxy.....would be simply impossible to travel so far over so long

THIS WILL ALWAYS BE THE PROBLEM......

space is sooo big that people simply cannot fathom it..... NO, they believe a small saucer can get here....flit about....then sod off again....the real world and physics doesnt work that way.   Sorry...but this is a FACT

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, seeder said:

No derailing at all....it has to do with gullible types, as per the OP....its just further examples that show the gullible....how gullible they really are..

and I bet that hurts...

No it doesn't. You bet wrong.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fila said:

I disagree.., and I refuse to participate personal attacking. Sorry. I just want to discuss UFOs on a UFO web forum. Thank you.

It is very hard to discuss this kind of information with people that are ignorant and can not unlock the doors of perception to what is really going on in this Earth. I like to call them the mainstreamers who only can go by what the mainstream version of reality tells them.

12 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Going by the data put forward over the past 80 years:

do you feel it's likely aliens have been here in the past or indeed are here now?

Yes or No?

I believe it is both. Here in the past and are here now.

11 hours ago, Fila said:

Yes, I agree. That is why I asked Seeder to do the same. Yet his reply was for me to google it.., so he can just sit back making claims.., while I have to do the hard work researching to prove him wrong when I cannot find anything to back up his claims. Waste of my time.

And when Seeder is confronted with something he simply ignores it and or says the site is trash.

12 hours ago, Fila said:

No. I am looking into UFOs objectively. I have not formed a conclusion. I never mention Ets being the cause. But you keep insisting I do.., when its simply not true.

i missed this one. Please provide a link.

This can be argued. I can show examples where governments have lied. And I can show examples where scientists believe ET life must exist in the universe. I can show examples of quantum mechanics which suggests we don't know everything about technology and travelling through space.

I can show examples where governments and NASA do not have 100% coverage of the earth and its atmosphere.
And I would also argue the logic that we would know for certain how an ET race would behave.., and how they think.To claim you knopw for sure.., is just beyond words. No top scientists or psychologists could "know" how a ET race would think.

I could also show examples of  our scientists, and how they interact with animals when doing studies. I.e Diane Fossey did not just land a helicopter in the middle the gorillas home patch.., and try to communicate. They were studied from a distance.., behavioural traits learned, diseases studied (us and them) and a plan was formed.

So unless you can definitely prove this is 100% the case, then I will just have to put you assumption in the pile with the rest.

Well said!:tsu:

11 hours ago, Fila said:

You said the US President went on TV.., where is this?

You are asking me (a civilian) why the government would lie about ETs? I don't know.

All I can do is show evidence where the government have covered up UFOs.., (not ETs). I would need to start a new thread to do this properly. Is that something you would be interested in seeing me attempt?

I guess they missed this report:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1299994/Churchill-Eisenhower-agreed-cover-UFO-encounter-WWII.html

Churchill and Eisenhower 'agreed to cover up RAF plane's UFO encounter during WWII', secret files reveal

The former prime minister allegedly ordered that the unexplained incident over the east coast of England should be kept secret for at least 50 years because it would provoke 'mass panic'.

The claim, made by a scientist who said his grandfather was one of Churchill's bodyguards, is recounted in declassified Ministry of Defence UFO files made available online by the National Archives.

Allegations of the cover-up emerged when the man, from Leicester, wrote to the government in 1999 seeking to find out more about the incident.

*END SNIP*

Most on here probably have never heard of the Majestic 12 also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Churchill and Eisenhower 'agreed to cover up RAF plane's UFO encounter during WWII', secret files reveal

The former prime minister allegedly ordered that the unexplained incident over the east coast of England should be kept secret for at least 50 years because it would provoke 'mass panic'.

Presumably this publication will shortly bring about the long-delayed outbreak of mass panic, then ...

• Like 3

On 15/12/2017 at 0:52 AM, XenoFish said:

It has little to do with learning disabilities and more to do with convictions. Some people believe whatever they believe because they want to believe it. No matter how irrational it is.

Like Global Warmists.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Flat Earthers.

You can add Warmists, too. They're a pretty weird bunch.

There is far too much personal bickering going on in this thread - keep it civil please.

4 hours ago, seeder said:

so do you see what I mean?   what creature/alien can live 100,000 years to get here....and the same amount of time to go home again?  And thats JUST in OUR galaxy....life in ANOTHER galaxy.....would be simply impossible to travel so far over so long

THIS WILL ALWAYS BE THE PROBLEM......

space is sooo big that people simply cannot fathom it..... NO, they believe a small saucer can get here....flit about....then sod off again....the real world and physics doesnt work that way.   Sorry...but this is a FACT

How do you know it takes aliens 100,000 years to get here? Are you an expert on alien spacecraft technology?

4 hours ago, seeder said:

Its just I don't believe they have ever been here, even at the speed of light....speed of light is fast of course....but space is so damned huge... Our Milky Way galaxy of stars is so huge that even at the speed of light it would take 100,000 years to travel across it!

The speed of light is not necessarily the absolute limit when we talk about traveling across the cosmos. There are many things we still know very little about, such as dark matter, black holes, quantum physics, multiple dimensions etc. Given enough time, a sufficiently advanced civilization may discover an alternative method for traversing space that may make any distance achievable within a reasonable amount of time.

Such a mechanism may seem as incomprehensible to us now as walking on the Moon may have seemed to our distant ancestors.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Area201 said:

The AA show brings together every possible angle on the ancient aliens general theory, so we need to focus on particular shows/arguments by specific people on the show, and not the entire series as a whole. I agree there a lot of crap on there but need to be specific. Okay so lets go..

The theory of whale evolution.. not sure if you watched the show then or you get the concept. The claims are for human dna being manipulated at some point in their evolutionary path, this is argued due to the increase in the brain and shape in a relatively short period of time. I don't know anything about intervention of whales from four legged animals nor have I heard that before discussed in anything related to AA theory, maybe I missed that episode. 

The beauty of AA theory is that it's not dismissing human evolution, but complements the theory in that there was an intervention at some point, while simultanously providing a more practical and realistic interpretation of creation of man in the Bible. The focus is on homo sapiens and his brain region/design jumping on the scene seeming "out of no where" or in a very short timespan, not whale evolution theory from four legged land animal. 

I beleive the theories of brain development regard changes in food amd diet.

jmccr8

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

The speed of light is not necessarily the absolute limit when we talk about traveling across the cosmos. There are many things we still know very little about, such as dark matter, black holes, quantum physics, multiple dimensions etc. Given enough time, a sufficiently advanced civilization may discover an alternative method for traversing space that may make any distance achievable within a reasonable amount of time.

Such a mechanism may seem as incomprehensible to us now as walking on the Moon may have seemed to our distant ancestors.

The starship Enterprise travels through hyperspace, which allows it to travel at thousands of times the speed of light. Maybe some alien spacecraft use a similar technology. Some may also be able to bend space between themselves and their destination, masking the distance much shorter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

How do you know it takes aliens 100,000 years to get here? Are you an expert on alien spacecraft technology?

When they do travel is sure isn't the way we think of with a outdated rocket ship that can barely make it to the moon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saru said:

Not to suck up but I think your the best and most informed administrator on here. Great point!

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

The starship Enterprise travels through hyperspace, which allows it to travel at thousands of times the speed of light. Maybe some alien spacecraft use a similar technology. Some may also be able to bend space between themselves and their destination, masking the distance much shorter.

Think frequencies,portals and vibrations.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

When they do travel is sure isn't the way we think of with a outdated rocket ship that can barely make it to the moon.

Our current spacecraft get to space on the backs of giant fireworks. We're very primitive technologically. There'll be other intelligent races out there who are hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Our current spacecraft get to space on the backs of giant fireworks. We're very primitive technologically. There'll be other intelligent races out there who are hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us.

If not millions ahead. I am willing to bet though that some technology has been backward engineered but it is not available to the public. That wouldn't be good for the big oil companies.