Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to deal with gullible believers?

Fila

3 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Then explain to me why the people in the world believe the mainstream media,governments,religions,schools and colleges are actually telling us the truth.  We have all been lied to constantly by all the above institutions. Which is why we need alternative independent outlets to actually find the truth because the mainstream certainly does not do that for us. If you believe everything the government and mainstream media tells you then my friend you have very much to learn because it is the complete opposite.

PROVE THAT ANY LIES...have been said..

But forget that for a minute.... last week it was ALL OVER THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA....that an alien craft might have entered our solar system.....then it was ALL OVER THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA......that space agencies were listening to it   ..... for ANY sounds of mechanical power or engine noises and digital or   basic radio noises??

That was all over the news....where is the cover-up?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

The third level of sophistication, that used in the more modern American antigravity craft, is direct generation and harnessing of the gravitational strong force. Such a strong-force field extends slightly beyond the atomic nucleus of Element 115, an exotic element donated by Star Visitor scientist-consultants to human scientists at S-4, a secret base south of Area 51. By amplifying that exposed gravitational strong force, and using antimatter reactor high energy, and then directing it, it is possible to lift a craft from the Earth and then change directions by vectoring the shaped antigravity force field thus generated. Important information about this third technology is available on Bob Lazar’s website. (1) This information is also described on the Bob Lazar video. Lazar worked on extraterrestrial technology at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Area 51’s Site S-4. (2)

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_antigravity.htm

Using current human technology, it would take us 30,000 years to travel to the nearest star system, 25 trillion miles away.

But a group of scientists, backed Stephen Hawking, is trying to create technology which could get us there in just 30 years: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36025706

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Using current human technology, it would take us 30,000 years to travel to the nearest star systen, 25 trillion miles away.

But a group of scientists, backed Stephen Hawking, are trying to create technology which could get us there in just 30 years: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36025706

would you volunteer even for a 30 year travel? In a smallish craft and dried food?  Drinking reprocessed urine for water..  Then 30 years back again? If the average person lives to 70 something....well....you'd have to be a child when you started the journey

6 minutes ago, seeder said:

But forget that for a minute.... last week it was ALL OVER THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA....that an alien craft might have entered our solar system.....then it was ALL OVER THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA......that space agencies were listening to it   ..... for ANY sounds of mechanical power or engine noises and digital or   basic radio noises??

I'm sorry but I am not going to take the time to do that for you. You have to find out for yourself. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it.

Do you believe what the mainstream said about this alien craft?

So you don't make any sense at all. At one point your saying there is no aliens and at another point your asking where is the cover up? Sometimes I do wonder if you are some kind of bot or troll.

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I'm sorry but I am not going to take the time to do that for you. You have to find out for yourself. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it.

Do you believe what the mainstream said about this alien craft?

So you don't make any sense at all. At one point your saying there is no aliens and at another point your asking where is the cover up? Sometimes I do wonder if you are some kind of bot or troll.

get used to reality...Im no bot and Im no troll.....people only start name calling when they realise they've been beaten in any conversation

Its understandable... but not appreciated...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

So you don't make any sense at all. At one point your saying there is no aliens and at another point your asking where is the cover up?

i understood what seeder meant= it made a lot of sense... you need to wake up & read more carefully- all due respect

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, seeder said:

would you volunteer even for a 30 year travel? In a smallish craft and dried food?  Drinking reprocessed urine for water..  Then 30 years back again? If the average person lives to 70 something....well....you'd have to be a child when you started the journey

I wouldn't - but some people would.

And, of course, technology will advance even more and the journey time will be cut again.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

The third level of sophistication, that used in the more modern American antigravity craft, is direct generation and harnessing of the gravitational strong force. Such a strong-force field extends slightly beyond the atomic nucleus of Element 115, an exotic element donated by Star Visitor scientist-consultants to human scientists at S-4, a secret base south of Area 51. By amplifying that exposed gravitational strong force, and using antimatter reactor high energy, and then directing it, it is possible to lift a craft from the Earth and then change directions by vectoring the shaped antigravity force field thus generated. Important information about this third technology is available on Bob Lazar’s website. (1) This information is also described on the Bob Lazar video. Lazar worked on extraterrestrial technology at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Area 51’s Site S-4. (2)

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_antigravity.htm

Unfortunately for Bob Lazar we have now made element 115 and its official name is Muscovium by the way. The longest lived isotope of element 115 have a half life of 0,8 seconds, good luck trying to use that in a spaceship. Even if we could make significant quantities of element 115 it would simply decay in seconds and thus be of no use whatsoever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscovium

The hoax, sort of, worked as long as we didn't actually know the properties of element 115, but now that we do we can safely discard that silly idea. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Then explain to me why the people in the world believe the mainstream media,governments,religions,schools and colleges are actually telling us the truth.  We have all been lied to constantly by all the above institutions.

Its not about "what they tell you", its about what do you judge as to be authentic. To be able to perform such a process of verification, intellect, common sense and a certain level of mistrust is mandatory. B4 the interwebz, and b4 the SmartPhone as well, it was very difficult and often very expensive to gain deeper informations on a specific subject, like scientific papers of whatever. Fortunately, the times have changed and today people have full access to the whole knowledge of this planet and to all knowledge humans ever have generated, by using a 120 gram device that cost lousy 100 bucks.

Which is why we need alternative independent outlets to actually find the truth because the mainstream certainly does not do that for us.

Thats nonsense. The alternative independent outlet you are talking about, who should be in charge to judge what is the truth and what not? How to guarantee the judgements to be objective? How to guarantee the judgements are not to the benefit of the intentions of a certain party? Who and how to judge the judges? What you want is a kind of dictatorial driven source of information, resulting into something like the media of North Korea. But the more important issue with your model is that it does not make the people smarter in their skills in intellect, common sense and mistrust, but it keeps and makes them lazy for further development of their own personal capabilities to separate BS from the reality.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Using current human technology, it would take us 30,000 years to travel to the nearest star system, 25 trillion miles away.

But a group of scientists, backed Stephen Hawking, is trying to create technology which could get us there in just 30 years: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36025706

Until you hit a small piece (or large) of debris going that fast. Won't mean a cracked windshield.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

Until you hit a small piece (or large) of debris going that fast. Won't mean a cracked windshield.

Doesn't effect the Enterprise.

It seems like some people on here are incapable of understanding the concept of "advancement of technology".

Edited by Black Monk

28 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

.but that is just fiction

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Maybe that have something to do with the Enterprise being fictional ?

It seems like some people on here are incapable of understanding the concept of "advancement of technology".

Sakari brought up a very real issue affecting interstellar spacecrafts. Even a small speck of dust can seriously damage a spacecraft travelling at relativistic speeds. Sadly we don't have force fields in the real world ! 

Edit: Looks like Seeder beat me to it. <_<

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

On 12/15/2017 at 0:52 PM, toast said:

Maybe I`m the only one but i still not grasped what exactly these threads are about.

Indeed. Given that the situation has assumed its speculated downward spiral, will reserve further comment!

• Like 4

On 17/12/2017 at 10:40 PM, seeder said:

The media does lie a lot. We discussed this at uni. There is even a show in Australia on our government sponsored channel called "Media Watch" that monitors and fact checks news stories over the week. There's so much that its a weekly show. I would highly recommend watching it if you watch the news. http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/

On 17/12/2017 at 10:49 PM, seeder said:

The past 2 pages have some great links about the possibilities of the future, even with what little we currently know. I would have a quick look. We may be able to invent something one day..

Edited by Fila

17 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe that have something to do with the Enterprise being fictional ?

Sakari brought up a very real issue affecting interstellar spacecrafts. Even a small speck of dust can seriously damage a spacecraft travelling at relativistic speeds. Sadly we don't have force fields in the real world ! 

Edit: Looks like Seeder beat me to it. <_<

I think there is some confusion with the term "Real World!" possibly being misused for "current technology". 

With our current technology.., this statement is true. But in the 'real world' science evolves. Otherwise you assume we have hit some sort of technological terminal velocity.., and we certainly cannot go beyond what we've achieved.

Yes, I certainly agree it all sound like complete BS to me.., but drone's these days are capable of flying totally autonomously by using sensors to detect objects in front of it.., and makes a path to avoid it. Not very good yet.., but yea https://youtu.be/FDuwbgBsc60?t=40

I wanna get myself one of these LIDAR scanners for my robots.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 5:08 PM, Fila said:

Xeno "it's highly doubtful that any of those stories are true" is an example of wilful ignorance and a dismissive attitude.

You failed to provide the reference I asked for to support your claim that "A similar things when there are waves of ghost movies and tv shows. Seems like paranormal claims spike on UM."

Wrong forum.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Fila said:

I think there is some confusion with the term "Real World!" possibly being misused for "current technology". 

With our current technology.., this statement is true. But in the 'real world' science evolves. Otherwise you assume we have hit some sort of technological terminal velocity.., and we certainly cannot go beyond what we've achieved.

I was mostly refering to Black Monks idea that Star Trek somehow had anything to do with real world physics.

Yes, I certainly agree it all sound like complete BS to me.., but drone's these days are capable of flying totally autonomously by using sensors to detect objects in front of it.., and makes a path to avoid it. Not very good yet.., but yea https://youtu.be/FDuwbgBsc60?t=40

I wanna get myself one of these LIDAR scanners for my robots.

The thing about interstellar spacecrafts are that they will be going extremely quickly and thus it will be almost impossible to do quick maneuvering. I assume you know how much more difficult it is turning a car quickly when you are going fast. Now imagine doing it in something a million times faster. The laws of physics, in this case intertia, are a very harsh mistress indeed !

The best bet for protecting a fast interstellar spacecraft in the future is probably some kind of armour for smaller objects, combined with lasers for larger objects. We can probably make magnetic fields to protect a crew from radiation, but that would do nothing to protect against dust particles and micro meteorites.

• Like 3

On 18/12/2017 at 10:59 AM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The thing about interstellar spacecrafts are that they will be going extremely quickly and thus it will be almost impossible to do quick maneuvering. I assume you know how much more difficult it is turning a car quickly when you are going fast. Now imagine doing it in something a million times faster. The laws of physics, in this case intertia, are a very harsh mistress indeed 

Yea. LIDAR travels at the speed of light (still very slow) but maybe we will find something better one day using quantum physics. Perhaps it wouldn't need to be a matter of performing manoeuvres quickly.., maybe one giant scan could produce a map.., and algorithms could then predicts paths of objects. Flight paths are set around the objects.

An idea for a shield may be to create your own mini core/electromagnetic field similar to Earth's, which could deflect small asteroids. All speculation however fun to think about.

20 hours ago, toast said:

Its not about "what they tell you", its about what do you judge as to be authentic. To be able to perform such a process of verification, intellect, common sense and a certain level of mistrust is mandatory. B4 the interwebz, and b4 the SmartPhone as well, it was very difficult and often very expensive to gain deeper informations on a specific subject, like scientific papers of whatever. Fortunately, the times have changed and today people have full access to the whole knowledge of this planet and to all knowledge humans ever have generated, by using a 120 gram device that cost lousy 100 bucks.

Thats nonsense. The alternative independent outlet you are talking about, who should be in charge to judge what is the truth and what not? How to guarantee the judgements to be objective? How to guarantee the judgements are not to the benefit of the intentions of a certain party? Who and how to judge the judges? What you want is a kind of dictatorial driven source of information, resulting into something like the media of North Korea. But the more important issue with your model is that it does not make the people smarter in their skills in intellect, common sense and mistrust, but it keeps and makes them lazy for further development of their own personal capabilities to separate BS from the reality.

We already have a dictatorial driven source of information just like North Korea called the mainstream media. You must have misunderstood me because that is absolutely what I don't want because we already have a dictatorial source in CNN,FOX,MSNBC,ABC,CBS just to name a few. So don't put words in my mouth toast. I would like some toast though.ha ha ha! It is precisely why the mainstream dislikes alternative sources because it shows the true colors of the mainstream. Are you a mainstream zombie toast?

Keep it civil please folks

There is far too much bickering going on in this thread.

If you can't make your point without resorting to derogatory personal remarks about other posters then step away from the discussion.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2017 at 6:42 AM, Black Monk said:

The article was not clear to me but I think that the idea is to make a probe that travels to a distant star system and not send people. The famous equation F=ma can be written as a=F/m. By making m smaller, the acceleration is larger. The use of lasers to push a light sail means that no propulsion system needs to be sent with the probe into space. The push comes form the ground. Anyways, that was my take on the article.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 2:35 PM, Black Monk said:

You know that big dish on the nose of the fictional starship Enterprise?  That is the navigation shield to knock things out of its way.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

You know that big dish on the nose of the fictional starship Enterprise?  That is the navigation shield to knock things out of its way.   

Mmmmmm