Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DOCUMENTARY: I know what I saw

Fila

On 20/12/2017 at 3:22 AM, stereologist said:

That's not necessarily true. Several people reported planes. One had a telescope that could see the planes and their lights.

The UFO promoters have pushed the idea of UFOs. People that reported flying craft were collected. Those reporting planes were avoided.

I think the UFO covered a large area. If there was a UFO., its possible that it didn't remain at the same altitude for its entire flight.

Sorry, I was dismissive about the several people who said it was a plane. I just did not read any of those reports from all the links I checked. Although the NBC one said Frances Barwood overlooked Mitch's description which I pasted in my earlier posts.

On 20/12/2017 at 3:22 AM, stereologist said:

Suppose there were 700 people that saw a plane. As already pointed out with links some stated it was high, some low. The people reported different shapes for the UFO. They reported different colors for the UFO.

Did all 700 agree on what they saw? NOOOOO. As I already pointed out it led to all sorts of stories about multiple UFOs flying over the city that night.

I realise what you're saying here, I just believe this would happen if 700 people saw the same anything.

On 20/12/2017 at 2:57 AM, quillius said:

I spent hours upon hours trying to track it all down...so even before we get into what did they see, you hopefully can now see the problem, you have taken a repeated comment made on thousands of sites and printed material that quote 'hundreds of witnesses'....now I am not saying there isn't but tracking down these testimonies may be harder than you think.

may start off as fun but it will drain the soul out of you :)

I'm learning a lot about myself from being here actually. Thanks hey.

On 20/12/2017 at 3:24 AM, stereologist said:

So you are choosing just one of a wide variety of descriptions for the UFO claimed to pass over the city of Phoenix?

Why are you doing that? What makes one person so special?

No one claims hallucinations except you. Why are you suggesting hallucinations?

I don't really want to choose one.., but from all the descriptions given (which are yet to be verified) I would have to go with what the majority said.

Just because I have to. I know this may be annoying, but I'm not blindly believing UFO witnesses.., I'm just trying to start being objective in my life with everything.

The hallucination things was in response to Seeder.., and a video he posted (which appears to be gone now?). Have a quick re-read.

If have read this already, my response is. Yes. It was my suggestion.., because its probably the next most plausible theory as to what UFOs could be. Otherwise.., for that specific example with Seeder.., how would those people "see" a UFO in the sky while people were playing basketball. (There was nothing in the sky to mis-ID., so I assumed hallucination)

Edited by Fila

1 hour ago, Fila said:

I'm learning a lot about myself from being here actually. Thanks hey.

I am sure you will learn a lot here, to be honest this will mainly be because of the so called skeptics, they are quite a clever bunch, plus they will will push you so by default you end up learning quite a bit!

18 hours ago, stereologist said:

Here is info from a UFO site.

http://www.nuforc.org/EncyclopediaPhoenixLights.htm

As I have repeatedly stated, the witnesses gave conflicting statements.

They decide that the witnesses are all correct and decide that a fleet of UFOs went by.

Notice that Mitch Stanley is noticeably missing as is mention of any video of event #1.

My bad st, I didn't realize you had responded more. I try not to spend to much time in this section.

All of that makes perfect sense. Police who followed the object for miles reported it hovering, then taking off at amazing speeds. Why isn't it possible it did both? The reports from the security guards at Indian point said the same thing. Said it hovered, then flew away fast. Many people reported seeing the crafts lights change color right in front of them.

Its very strange but the unsolved mystery episode has disappeared, at least as best as I can tell. This sighting brought me to this sight all those years ago. My first thread ever was about it. Someone posted a video of the episode. Then it was gone. I couldn't even find it on the fire stick a few months back. You would have to conclude that several people are outright lying to by the official story.

My Mother, who isn't about anything paranormal, or extra terrestrial, literally laughed when she heard the official report. If there was anyway she could have connected what she saw with planes, she would have been more then happy to do so.  

6 hours ago, Fila said:

I don't really want to choose one.., but from all the descriptions given (which are yet to be verified) I would have to go with what the majority said.

Just because I have to. I know this may be annoying, but I'm not blindly believing UFO witnesses.., I'm just trying to start being objective in my life with everything.

The hallucination things was in response to Seeder.., and a video he posted (which appears to be gone now?). Have a quick re-read.

If have read this already, my response is. Yes. It was my suggestion.., because its probably the next most plausible theory as to what UFOs could be. Otherwise.., for that specific example with Seeder.., how would those people "see" a UFO in the sky while people were playing basketball. (There was nothing in the sky to mis-ID., so I assumed hallucination)

It turns out there is no majority description. Besides, a majority description is no better than lights that moved were seen over the city of Phoenix. Is there a majority for the number of lights? Don't believe so. Is there a majority for the color of the lights? Don't believe so. Is there a majority for the layout of the lights? Don't believe so. Were the lights high or low? I believe high is the majority. That puts Tim Lay's description in the refuse bin. He's not the majority but one of the more vocal people. He also thought it was some representative from god and not aliens if I recall correctly.

I don't believe it is an hallucination. I do believe that people easily misidentify something they are confused about. I've done it. My example is seeing a cloud spin on a mountain top. It was a roughly UFO shaped cloud on top of a mountain spinning. It wasn't spinning. It was forming on the left and dissolving on the right. My mind decided this flow had to be a swirling motion. This type of cloud is called a lenticular. I did not hallucinate. I just came up with an explanation for the motion I observed and that explanation was wrong.

People see lights in the sky. The lights are in formation. They play connect the dots. We do it with stars to form constellations. They image that the lights are part of something whole. Maybe some of the lights move relative to the others. Instead of realizing that this is a squadron of planes their minds imagine a single craft is turning or maneuvering. The idea is to fit the later observations to their original idea. People do that instead of rejecting their original idea. It happens.

Although the lights were seen over hundreds of miles of Arizona the event is called the phoenix lights.

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

My bad st, I didn't realize you had responded more. I try not to spend to much time in this section.

All of that makes perfect sense. Police who followed the object for miles reported it hovering, then taking off at amazing speeds. Why isn't it possible it did both? The reports from the security guards at Indian point said the same thing. Said it hovered, then flew away fast. Many people reported seeing the crafts lights change color right in front of them.

Its very strange but the unsolved mystery episode has disappeared, at least as best as I can tell. This sighting brought me to this sight all those years ago. My first thread ever was about it. Someone posted a video of the episode. Then it was gone. I couldn't even find it on the fire stick a few months back. You would have to conclude that several people are outright lying to by the official story.

My Mother, who isn't about anything paranormal, or extra terrestrial, literally laughed when she heard the official report. If there was anyway she could have connected what she saw with planes, she would have been more then happy to do so.  

I didn't find much of that information. Do you  have a link? I am looking for the Indian Point info, the hover and taking off at amazing speed info, the police following for miles.

I should point out there is no official report for event #1. There was a report from event #2 which was that it was a flare dropping exercise.

52 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I didn't find much of that information. Do you  have a link? I am looking for the Indian Point info, the hover and taking off at amazing speed info, the police following for miles.

I should point out there is no official report for event #1. There was a report from event #2 which was that it was a flare dropping exercise.

Well that's why I brought up the unsolved mystery show. It was very detailed, witness testimony etc. Unfortunately I can no longer find it.

17 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well that's why I brought up the unsolved mystery show. It was very detailed, witness testimony etc. Unfortunately I can no longer find it.

What are you referring to as the official report?

• Like 1

On 21/12/2017 at 4:25 AM, stereologist said:

What are you referring to as the official report?

Yea, what is the official report?

In fact.., where are the official reports for any UFO case?

Edited by Fila