Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Bursts Into Flames And Dies

ouija ouija

How strange...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, acute said:

It's always old people who spontaneously combust.

Weird stuff.

Spontaneous combustion has always intrigued me and I have wondered in the past if it is caused by an extremely concentrated and determined effort by the soul/spirit to rid itself of its physical 'prison'.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 8

This part of the E=mc2 scares the beetlejuices outta me to be honest ...

~

~

Is it true that human body contains more energy than a hydrogen ...

May 19, 2016 - Yes! Einstein's famous equation E=mc^2, did not appear with the paper, but in a brief supplement that followed a few months later. In simplest terms, what the equation says is that mass and energy have an equivalence. They are two forms of the sam...

~

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Spontaneous combustion has always intrigued me and I have wondered in the past if it is caused by an extremely concentrated and determine effort by the soul/spirit to rid itself of its physical 'prison'.

Or... maybe old people are more flatulent.

:whistle:

• Like 6

Interesting.  Most cases I've looked at in the past have been explained and there are also good scientific reasons available for why a human body burns away almost completely if not discovered early.  In some of the most famous cases the point of ignition is obvious and the reason it happens most to old people is for exactly the reason that they are old.   For example in many instances the cause of death may not be the fire itself but something like a stroke or heart attack.  If this happens whilst smoking, sitting next to a fire or heater (things old people do more often) then it is easy to see how a dead person might not notice a smoldering blanket or armchair.

This case is interesting in that it happened while walking down a road but that doesn't mean it's spontaneous human combustion.  If he had a smoldering ember on his coat and his coat wasn't flame retardant then it could catch light and go up in flames around him very quickly. It will also be easy to see if the burns were on the surface or if they started internally.  As far as i'm aware there has never been a case where the fire started within the human body, it's always an external source.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Well we all know that isn't true! Human males between the ages of 9 and 30 produce more noxious gases per head ....bottom than any other living creature(even 9 - 30yr old male whales!).

You're quite right. I didn't factor in the university students either.

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

There was quite a large thread in here a few years back that discussed spontaneous combustion. Coroners had ruled out any external factors and gave cause of death as SC. I remember an explanation about how pigs burn being questioned as experimental proof. There have been many cases of SC that are still held as unexplained because the proof wasn't in the pudding so to speak.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

This part of the E=mc2 scares the beetlejuices outta me to be honest ...

~

That compares the mass of a human to the explosive energy of a hydrogen bomb. The hydrogen bomb has more energy if they calculated it the same as the human body. The Tsar bomb was 27 tons, much heavier than any human, but only a fraction is converted into explosive energy.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

That compares the mass of a human to the explosive energy of a hydrogen bomb. The hydrogen bomb has more energy if they calculated it the same as the human body.

The equated kilojoules is scary whichever way the calculations leans is what I'm a saying ...

~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Interesting.  Most cases I've looked at in the past have been explained and there are also good scientific reasons available for why a human body burns away almost completely if not discovered early.  In some of the most famous cases the point of ignition is obvious and the reason it happens most to old people is for exactly the reason that they are old.   For example in many instances the cause of death may not be the fire itself but something like a stroke or heart attack.  If this happens whilst smoking, sitting next to a fire or heater (things old people do more often) then it is easy to see how a dead person might not notice a smoldering blanket or armchair.

This case is interesting in that it happened while walking down a road but that doesn't mean it's spontaneous human combustion.  If he had a smoldering ember on his coat and his coat wasn't flame retardant then it could catch light and go up in flames around him very quickly. It will also be easy to see if the burns were on the surface or if they started internally.  As far as i'm aware there has never been a case where the fire started within the human body, it's always an external source.

2 hours ago, susieice said:

There was quite a large thread in here a few years back that discussed spontaneous combustion. Coroners had ruled out any external factors and gave cause of death as SC. I remember an explanation about how pigs burn being questioned as experimental proof. There have been many cases of SC that are still held as unexplained because the proof wasn't in the pudding so to speak.

@ I'mConvinced: I'm wondering where you got your information from because the cases I looked into(many years ago), could not be explained. There was no obvious point of ignition and although the body was burned very severely, the chair they had been sitting in, nearby curtains/rugs etc. were not even slightly singed. The impression was of an extremely  high temperature within a very short timespan and within an area limited to the body only ..... a flash and the body was burned up and the fire was out before it affected anything flammable nearby. If the body was burning for any length of time then there is no reason for articles nearby not to be affected.

@ Susie: I remember watching a TV programme where they burned a dead pig to try to gain some insight into spontaneous combustion in humans. The first thing they discovered was that it was very difficult to set the pig on fire in the first place. Such a tremendous and persistent heat was required that it just couldn't be compared with what happened in cases of apparent spontaneous combustion where only the body is consumed, not any of its surroundings. Having got the pig well and truly alight, it continued to burn for quite some time, destroying a large area around it. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

There was no obvious point of ignition and although the body was burned very severely, the chair they had been sitting in, nearby curtains/rugs etc. were not even slightly singed

I would be interested to see such cases if you could provide any info please? What I tended to find was that the stories had been changed or exaggerated and when digging deeper there were usually more mundane explanations.

I would prefer something more mysterious of course but I'm struggling to even see what kind of 'paranormal' this would be. Ghost attacks? Witchcraft?

• Like 2

This article makes some suggestions as to possible causes but I have to admit they all have their flaws.

Edited to remove link when I noticed that Saru had removed my original link because of unsuitable content. I'm afraid you're going to have to do your own research, I'mConvinced, because all articles seem to have gruesome photos attached :(

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

This article makes some suggestions as to possible causes but I have to admit they all have their flaws.

Edited to remove link when I noticed that Saru had removed my original link because of unsuitable content. I'm afraid you're going to have to do your own research, I'mConvinced, because all articles seem to have gruesome photos attached :(

Feel free to PM me a link or post a name and date of person affected, that should suffice for a quick googling. 

It is a pretty gruesome subject in fairness!

• Like 3

Sad for him, death by fire is horrible. Our body made in carbon is a combustible by itself, but need quite a lot to ignite. We have a high level of moisture.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

@ I'mConvinced: I'm wondering where you got your information from because the cases I looked into(many years ago), could not be explained. There was no obvious point of ignition and although the body was burned very severely, the chair they had been sitting in, nearby curtains/rugs etc. were not even slightly singed. The impression was of an extremely  high temperature within a very short timespan and within an area limited to the body only ..... a flash and the body was burned up and the fire was out before it affected anything flammable nearby. If the body was burning for any length of time then there is no reason for articles nearby not to be affected.

I concur!

Years 'n' years ago, my brother had a thick book called 'Strange World, Amazing Facts'.  It went into detail about SHC cases, and (apart from the occasional old person that fell into the fire) they were all intense localized burnings.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Well we all know that isn't true! Human males between the ages of 9 and 30 produce more noxious gases per head ....bottom than any other living creature(even 9 - 30yr old male whales!).

Men and women produce the same amount of flatulence. However, women's farts contain more rotten egg-smelling hydrogen sulphide than men's farts, which means women's farts are smellier.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

Wild.

I thought police CCTV camera's are very prevalent in London, but maybe I'm wrong... or they're just not "everywhere"

Would have been nice to catch this on an official recording; no offense to the victim.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2017 at 3:54 AM, ouija ouija said:

@ Susie: I remember watching a TV programme where they burned a dead pig to try to gain some insight into spontaneous combustion in humans. The first thing they discovered was that it was very difficult to set the pig on fire in the first place. Such a tremendous and persistent heat was required that it just couldn't be compared with what happened in cases of apparent spontaneous combustion where only the body is consumed, not any of its surroundings. Having got the pig well and truly alight, it continued to burn for quite some time, destroying a large area around it. 

Probably has something to do with an inbalance between spirit and the physical body.

Every human being, draws in universal energy with is distributed throughout the body, which gives life and consciousness.

And this energy gets toned down considerably, depending on the individuals level of spiritual growth.

So, these individuals probably have the floodgates open and there isn't much left, since it is occurring on the atomic level.

Act of God, perhaps?

The Philadelphia experiment, had a lot of seriously weird stuff happen afterwards to the soldiers, including the body freezing, (like time stopping) for weeks or months while the person remained conscious, (most went mad, who didn't come out of this, but some didn't) becoming part of the ship, and disappearing, etc.

These were documented, and high frequency create similar affects in materials, including antigravity.

Considering that time, mass, magnetism and gravity are most likely all one and the same, and we are a complex part of that, events like combustion come as no surprize.

B)

• Like 1