Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Real Time Connection with God

Crazy Horse

7 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

What would happen if a law was enacted that you disagreed with? Would you be as willing to pass on God's knowledge to convict people of crimes you don't think they should be punished for? If you would choose not to punish these 'criminals' then you are setting yourself up as a moral arbiter and that won't end well in any scenario.

If we are talking about God first setting the exact rules for us to follow then we need to do away with the human justice system and enact God's divine one. In this instance God will stand judge and there is no need for him to talk to anyone before metering out any justice he deems necessary.

Here's the kicker though for me, if God is omnipotent and omniscient then he either intended for those criminals to commit those crimes or intended them to have the free will to commit the crimes. In either scenario why would God want to intervene and take that free will away or go back on his master plan? He knows everything, created everything and is perfect therefore his creation is as intended no?

Humans know how to behave.  We have the free willed choice and so it is our responsibility how we behave.   A god can instruct and educate and even   coerce, but cannot compel a free willed being   if gods intent is to create a being capable of good and evil, this does not mean he knows which choice that being will make  indeed he cannot because the choice comes form within-the free will of the individual   In the bible story the inhabitants of earth were the only ones to chose "evil", all the other inhabitants of the many worlds of heaven chose god  And this meas that humans COULD have made the same choice  Not even god could know BEFORE we chose, which choice we would make  because the outcome did not exist until,the choice was made. .   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

That's really the only thing that actually makes sense to me at this point.  The variance in all the worlds religion comes down to people; not God.  I once thought that God wrote the bible - I no longer believe that.  So, I have changed.....my perception and opion has changed over time.  I think that this happens to everyone.  So, you get a religion going....it's working....you tweek it, morph it, change it.....it grows....it evolves.

Since every thing everywhere is constantly evolving.....you get what seems to be different versions of God because of what people say and believe.  How the real God works, why, and so forth; I have no clue.  Life sucks quite a bit, IMHO....so....I sure would like to have a conversation with this Maker of All Things, and get some info.  

At the same time, I understand that having knowledge of something would eliminate faith.  I don't have to believe in what I already know.  I just accept it as factual.  And, if indeed God is concerned only with our faith and how we apply that faith in our lives, regardless of our own brand of religion....then it does kindof make some sense to me.  

IMO this demonstrates incredible  wisdom  (and, i imagine, a lot of thought and soul searching) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Piney said:

But we don't personify it and in our eyes it's neither good nor evil. and we don't have Shamans. That is Central Asia

I'm not suppose to be talking about our beliefs to outsiders let alone online. But if it will correct misconceptions I will.

While native Americans don't call their medicine men shamans they effectively fall under that  universal definition from their activitie

One perspective (which i can sympathise with) 

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/education/native-education/selling-the-sacred-get-your-masters-in-native-american-shamanism/

a differnt one

https://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/native-american-culture/shaman.htm

I think that a lot depends on whether you believe that in a modern world a group of peole can claim, and keep, exclusive rights to  any belief practice or  activity, and limit it to registered members  of a tribe or group  In Australia, the equivalent would be banning the playing of a didgeridoo by all except specific men from certain clans  or moiety groups, or stopping artists from  using indigenous forms unless they came from  that specific aboriginal group which traditionally used them    

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Again, brings the question: why do you need God?

Who says it is a matter of "need",  but on the other hand do you think you and this world are complete, and good enough, without improvement?  

5 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

No God needed:

images-193.jpeg

1y96pl.jpg

lol and we can all see how well that is working out :) 

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

And how that worked for you?

And no, there is no reason whatsoever in your words, nor for God .

Anyway, since you are so close to the God, can you ask him: what are the conditions for the perfect GaBi crystal growth?

Who needs god, when you have google? 

Synthesis, Crystal Growth and Characterization of g-Phase Bismuth Titanium Oxide with Gallium

A.R. Lobatoa, S. Lanfredi, J.F. Carvalhoa, A.C. Hernandesa*

aUniversidade de São Paulo, Instituto de Física de São Carlos. C.P. 369, 
13560-970 São Carlos - SP, Brasil
bUniversidade Federal de Goiás, Instituto de Física. C.P. 131, 
94001-970 Goiânia -Go, Brasil

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-14392000000300008

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

That's really the only thing that actually makes sense to me at this point.  The variance in all the worlds religion comes down to people; not God.  I once thought that God wrote the bible - I no longer believe that.  So, I have changed.....my perception and opion has changed over time.  I think that this happens to everyone.  So, you get a religion going....it's working....you tweek it, morph it, change it.....it grows....it evolves.

Since every thing everywhere is constantly evolving.....you get what seems to be different versions of God because of what people say and believe.  How the real God works, why, and so forth; I have no clue.  Life sucks quite a bit, IMHO....so....I sure would like to have a conversation with this Maker of All Things, and get some info.  

At the same time, I understand that having knowledge of something would eliminate faith.  I don't have to believe in what I already know.  I just accept it as factual.  And, if indeed God is concerned only with our faith and how we apply that faith in our lives, regardless of our own brand of religion....then it does kindof make some sense to me.  

I think it is really brave and authentic how much you challenge your beliefs and how honest with yourself you are I have always respected you, but now I want to hear what you have to say. All the best to you on your journey to what rings true for you. 

A fan.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

A direct and uncorrupted personal line to the Great Universal Mind of THAT.

Nope.  Not helpful to you.  Why do you think things are set up the way they are?

You had that connected, universal, certain existence in the Now when you needed it most.  You were an embryo.  You were born into this world, you became a human.  You are done being a parasite on your parent, you cannot become a parasite on the mind of God.  You are here to figure things out and make them better if you can.  Humanity doesn't have a free pass to sit back and let God take care of all the suffering.  Where is the growth in that?

I am at least familiar enough  with a couple of holy books to know they don't have answers in the back, you have to do the homework.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Indeed, that is important.  While it is a partnership, god remains the senior partner.  :) 

No Mr Walker, what you implies here is equal seating with the Deity on some Board of Divinities ... I harbor no such delusions

... but you carry on ....

~

Historical and current human experiences indicate this is not true :) 

Contrary wise to your claims but it hardly matters to you ... your lies will, as ever comfort you in your misconception ... cold and isolated as they are ...

... that will do Mr Walker ... that will do

~

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Who says it is a matter of "need",  but on the other hand do you think you and this world are complete, and good enough, without improvement?  

World indeed could be better, though I don't see the need of God in it.

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Who needs god, when you have google? 

Synthesis, Crystal Growth and Characterization of g-Phase Bismuth Titanium Oxide with Gallium

A.R. Lobatoa, S. Lanfredi, J.F. Carvalhoa, A.C. Hernandesa*

aUniversidade de São Paulo, Instituto de Física de São Carlos. C.P. 369, 
13560-970 São Carlos - SP, Brasil
bUniversidade Federal de Goiás, Instituto de Física. C.P. 131, 
94001-970 Goiânia -Go, Brasil

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-14392000000300008

I didn't mentioned titanium oxide, I specifically said GaBi (gallium bismide), nor did I had in mind nanocrystals. I'm talking about cubic inches sized monocrystals.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, third_eye said:

No Mr Walker, what you implies here is equal seating with the Deity on some Board of Divinities ... I harbor no such delusions

... but you carry on ....

~

Contrary wise to your claims but it hardly matters to you ... your lies will, as ever comfort you in your misconception ... cold and isolated as they are ...

... that will do Mr Walker ... that will do

~

First,  god is the senior partnership because most of the power, knowledge and wisdom resides in it.  i am a junior partner. But yes the healthiest relationship between a man and god is a symbiotic relationship, where both gain something . 

Okay then ... what if ... IF ... God don't want to talk anymore ?

God has done so much, given everything ... now God has to whisper in your ear just because you 'want' to hear ?

Maybe God has other things to do you know ... like creating other worlds ... or keeping Satan from doing bad things ...

Maybe you should just write God a letter ... Dear God ...

~

Historical and current human experiences indicate this is not true :) 

There was a smiley showing this was, in part, a jest, but it is also true. 

Throughout history, and into the present day, god has continued to speak, to  appear to, and work with, humans; guiding, protecting, empowering, and mentoring  You might not believe this, but there are thousands of accounts from individuals which have been published. 

So where is my lie?  Where is my misconception.? They only exist as products of your disbelief. 

Quite clearly god not only wants to, but still IS; talking to, working with, appearing to, and empowering human beings on a daily, basis.  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I didn't mentioned titanium oxide, I specifically said GaBi (gallium bismide), nor did I had in mind nanocrystals. I'm talking about cubic inches sized monocrystals.

Oh well I will  have to google further :) My point was,  Why ask god ?  i assume there is some doubt about how to grow such crystals perfectly  and you would like god to tell you.   As a kid i wanted him to show me how to play a perfect game of tennis. No luck there either . 

is this any more helpful?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00220248/351/1

You can grow a perfect gallium nitride crystal  if not more than half the iron is substituted  by aluminium.

Edited by Mr Walker

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

It would if only every human could be given this gnosis or enlightenment, but some are not open to it, and will not accept  the responsibility which goes with it.

It will only work on people who are open to being worked upon.   

Yes I agree Mr W, that people need to be open to the possibility of such a thing, but I disagree with the idea that it would only work if everyone could be given gnosis. 10% and growing would suffice for a real change.

It could become the "new fashion." Know God and heal. Know God and fight crime. Know God and become a world famous scientist, athlete, musician, architect..... Or just find an inner peace.

Only our imagination would limit our New Ordered World.

People before profit - Love before everything.

Thanks for your imput Mr Walker.

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Ah but if all had this connection to god then none would have a need or desire or a motivation to commit any crime, because all their needs would be met by the connection.  

Thats very true, but I feel that there are some folk who are a million miles from even recognising God, let alone trying to connect to THAT!

But yes, all the crazy, backward nonsense, idiocy etc would no longer find a home in most folks lives. 

Instead we might spend our time co-creating, remaking this world, turning our beautiful planet into the magnificent adventure playground for our sojourns here on the physical plane.

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Oh well I will  have to google further :) My point was,  Why ask god ?  i assume there is some doubt about how to grow such crystals perfectly  and you would like god to tell you.   As a kid i wanted him to show me how to play a perfect game of tennis. No luck there either . 

is this any more helpful?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00220248/351/1

You can grow a perfect gallium nitride crystal  if not more than half the iron is substituted  by aluminium.

Nothing relevant to what I asked for. I'm dealing with bismides on the daily basis. Colleagues are growing ternary/quaternary bismides faster than I can bastardize grown samples, so I know a bit about difficulties in growth technology and physics behind it.

Anyway, where is God in your link?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Nope.  Not helpful to you.  Why do you think things are set up the way they are?

You had that connected, universal, certain existence in the Now when you needed it most.  You were an embryo.  You were born into this world, you became a human.  You are done being a parasite on your parent, you cannot become a parasite on the mind of God.  You are here to figure things out and make them better if you can.  Humanity doesn't have a free pass to sit back and let God take care of all the suffering.  Where is the growth in that?

I am at least familiar enough  with a couple of holy books to know they don't have answers in the back, you have to do the homework.

Things are set up the way they are - and the truth is that we all have a direct connection to God anyhow. I pray to God and via Spirit I recieve an answer. THATS the way things are set up. In the past I am sure that this connection, this communion was a lot more common place. Folk today have this ability - THATS the way it is right now. And as for the future...

Wheres the growth?

The growth is in the communion with Spirit. Ends and means are not two different things.

We express love to become love. We find an inner peace to have an outer peace.

And btw, no body said that God takes care of all the suffering. WE ask for guidance and then we act. 

It is us who will create a better world! 

A god can instruct and educate and even   coerce, but cannot compel a free willed being

Just to clear things up for Crazy Horse, the 'God' you speak of is not the creator of the universe, it is an alien that does not even see itself as God. I believe CH was looking for the ultimate 'it' and not an alien with limited power.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Instead we might spend our time co-creating, remaking this world, turning our beautiful planet into the magnificent adventure playground for our sojourns here on the physical plane

In my eyes it already is. The problem with trying to achieve a 'perfect' world is that the definition of perfect differs from person to person. To me a 'perfect' world, without flaw, would be a terribly boring place to live. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Throughout history, and into the present day, god has continued to speak, to  appear to, and work with, humans; guiding, protecting, empowering, and mentoring  You might not believe this, but there are thousands of accounts from individuals which have been published. 

So where is my lie?  Where is my misconception.? They only exist as products of your disbelief. 

Huge logical fallacy here. By this reckoning Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster also exist in reality because of the number of accounts. Heck we even have film of Bigfoot...

You can claim a thing exists Mr Walker but to try and use an ad populum arguement to support your point is a cheap tactic.

• Like 1

First,  god is the senior partnership because most of the power, knowledge and wisdom resides in it.  i am a junior partner. But yes the healthiest relationship between a man and god is a symbiotic relationship, where both gain something .

Let me get this straight Mr Walker ... Most of the power, knowledge and wisdom ?

So the rest of it is bestowed or resides upon thee then ?

Symbiotic Mr Walker ... ?? So this god of yours suckles on your nipple or is you that is the parasitic of the equation ?

Nevertheless you here have just confirmed what I have duly assessed of your claims ... more lies ...

~

Historical and current human experiences indicate this is not true :) 

There was a smiley showing this was, in part, a jest, but it is also true. 

Oh ... joke ... meant to be funny haha or hehe wink wink ?

Regardless, it fails on that and so many other levels ... so that makes it a false declaration along with the rest.

~

You calling it god does not makes it a valid distinction of divinity Mr Walker, nor verifies any of your claim, a person of your so incessant if not insistent claims to intelligence should know that distinction.

There are millions more of Professional studies and Academic Research that have been published and disseminated that proves otherwise.

~

Everywhere Mr Walker... they exists in every word of your claims professed as truth, hounded by the very basic principle that all you thus far claim to anything being truthful relies only on you insisting that it is thus because you says so ... it belies the very foundations of the fundamentals of honesty.

~

Quite clearly god not only wants to, but still IS; talking to, working with, appearing to, and empowering human beings on a daily, basis.  

As evident as it is undeniable, you appear here to have smothered all other possibilities except that Humankind is nothing but little sock puppets of your self constructed predetermined divinity.

You run along and play with your puppet master Mr Walker, send my regards ...

~

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

In my eyes it already is. The problem with trying to achieve a 'perfect' world is that the definition of perfect differs from person to person. To me a 'perfect' world, without flaw, would be a terribly boring place to live. 

I agree, what constitutes an ideal world does differ from person to person.

But what we can say is this, that if we were set free from delusion and ignorance. Set free in an economic sense. And set free to express our love and happiness in the myriad that is humanity - then life will be anything but boring.

Amazing, exciting, wonderous in a constantly changing way - but boring, no!

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

While native Americans don't call their medicine men shamans they effectively fall under that  universal definition from their activitie

One perspective (which i can sympathise with) 

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/education/native-education/selling-the-sacred-get-your-masters-in-native-american-shamanism/

This article is about  "Plastic Shaman" a catch all term for people who claim NDN spirituality and sell it

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

https://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/native-american-culture/shaman.htm

I think that a lot depends on whether you believe that in a modern world a group of peole can claim, and keep, exclusive rights to  any belief practice or  activity, and limit it to registered members  of a tribe or group  In Australia, the equivalent would be banning the playing of a didgeridoo by all except specific men from certain clans  or moiety groups, or stopping artists from  using indigenous forms unless they came from  that specific aboriginal group which traditionally used them    

This article was written by a non- NDN and is wrong in too many places for me to pick apart. 

We have 6 different types of Doctors and Holy People. None of them fall under the category of Shaman. 

• Like 3