Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Real Time Connection with God

Crazy Horse

1 minute ago, Mystic Crusader said:

By exalting a malignant narcissistic tyrant for "God"?

No. By exalting a malignant narcissistic human being.

That if he would promote himself to have faith in the Fatherhood of God, he might then comport himself as his son.

3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Don't know what it means either, but it sure sound bad. On the other hand as an atheist I am going to all kinds of bad places when I die, depending on what god(s) turns out to be true. 

Note to self: Remember to bring a fire extinguisher when I die. :P

Well I don't know if it would work in hell but around here I use a flameproof blanket.:whistle:

jmccr8

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

The connection with God exists upon our first moral decision, usually at a very early age. He sends a part of himself then, to dwell within. 

"The kingdom of God is within you" is probably the greatest pronouncement Jesus ever made, next to the declaration that his Father is a living and loving spirit.

We don't need to ask God for a connection with him, because we're already connected with him. But we do need to 'want' to engage him through "the doing of the Father's will."

When everyone finally realises this great truth, that's when the light and life of heaven will appear on earth.

"Your kingdom come; your will be done."

Our connection with God doesn't exist with our first decision 

We are forever and perfectly connected right now!

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Our connection with God doesn't exist with our first decision 

We are forever and perfectly connected right now!

Our first 'moral' decision.

Just now, Will Due said:

Our first 'moral' decision.

You mean our "awakening" to duality?

Whatever we think right now, its going to fade.

There is only One Thing that is Real and Substantial.

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

You mean our "awakening" to duality?

No. I mean our first moral decision. It usually occurs at about the age of 5 or 6 years old.

Just now, Will Due said:

No. I mean our first moral decision. It usually occurs at about the age of 5 or 6 years old.

But to have a moral, means a judgment, and some suffering for someone! 

8 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

But to have a moral, means a judgment, and some suffering for someone! 

A moral decision is a choice to do what one thinks is really right. Not just what seems right.

Edited by Will Due

33 minutes ago, Will Due said:

A moral decision is a choice to do what one thinks is really right. Not just what seems right.

Yes, and if we ALL stopped fighting, making moral judgements, then maybe we could all live a long and happy life!

9 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

It's not my fault people chose murder and mischief over survival.

Nor is it gods fault. Each individual has a choice, which is made knowing and understanding what the consequences of such a choice are likely to be.  Thus every individual is accountable for their behaviours and their consequences. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Nor is it gods fault. Each individual has a choice, which is made knowing and understanding what the consequences of such a choice are likely to be.  Thus every individual is accountable for their behaviours and their consequences. 

Except for your "God"?

12 hours ago, Piney said:

This article is about  "Plastic Shaman" a catch all term for people who claim NDN spirituality and sell it

This article was written by a non- NDN and is wrong in too many places for me to pick apart. 

We have 6 different types of Doctors and Holy People. None of them fall under the category of Shaman. 

The second article is actually a criticism  of " plastic shamanism, "although you have to read   past the introduction  to realise this .

And while people within a group have a right to set what they  see as appropriate names and parameters for things in that group, they must realise that outsiders will have a different perspective

Thus while american first peoples might not call their healers  shamans, a cultural anthropologist will, because the y have the same/similar practices and beliefs as other peoples around the world  who are collectively known as shamans   In other words we get to define ourselves, but have no control over how others define us.

Defining and distinguishing our   identity  on our own/ group/collective terms, is essential to  people who were dis empowered, disenfranchised, and dispossessed,

To allow others to name and describe/define us, allows for a continual  disempowerment .   

10 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

You reduced your God to 1. Congrats.

Can't wait for 0....

So you believe god is a binary code ? :) 

9 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

We can continue bsing each other, unless you answer: why do you need God? Are you THAT weak that you need supervision from above? Are you that weak/stupid to realize whats wrong or good? Do you REALLY need God for that?

God is not a crutch. It is a bionic enhancement   Connection to god fulfils and extends  human potential and empowerment  I will get criticised for this but anyone NOT connected to god is less complete than the y would be IF connected.

Adding a power, a strength, knowldge or wisdom, from  outside of self ADDS to a person rather than detracts

The problem is not with your logic it is that you do not believe such a being exists and can link to humans to empower, strengthen, and totally re-form them into new beings.

Most humans don't need gods in that the y can survive in a minimalist sort of way without a god.

However add a god, and not only are their abilities immediately  enhanced, but,their potential is also greatly enhanced   Rather than being a 44 gallon container, which can contain no more than that,   they are expanded to a bigger container, with room for more inside them. room for more growth, more strength, more knowledge, more understanding, more love etc. God is like a massive external hard drive which, when you connect to  it already contains a lot of new knowledge but also has room for far far more.   

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Except for your "God"?

of course a god is accountable for its actions it is a sentient  self awre being with free will and conscience  Thus  it knows good form evil and is accountable for its own actions However it is NOT accountable for the actions of other self aware, free willed beings, like us.  

• Like 1

Per the discussions about gods parentage of humanity a few hours back Either some posters genuinely don't understand this argument OR they chose to ridicule it 

God is the father of humanity in at least 3 respects

First if you believe in god as a creator being it created us and is thus our father in that sense.

Second in the relationship between god and man god holds a position parental authority as the holder of wisdom knowledge and power. One can disobey a father but this is fraught with dangers 

Lastly,, one part of god is its spirit 

In the biblical sense this was the father of Christ the man and is the father of each one of us   The spirit (consciousness and power)  of god is like the seed of god, it impregnates us and grows within us,  shaping and creating our own identity and our own human soul or spirit  It is what makes us human and thus makes god our father, in the spiritual sense that we are only as we are, because of its presence.

One can deny this and walk away from it.  Hence the many parables on this in the bible. This rejection of parentage  causes grief to the father but also much loss to the son who is separated from his father.

In Christianity the writers combined all these, and other, elements of parentage to explain god's relationship to man.  

• Like 1

It s also interesting how, the more people are pressed on their disconnection from god, the more they resort to ridicule.

it is hard to comprehend that some people  really don't get it (after all, many have tried to explain it to them)  so i must assume the y get it  (the pov/ argument) but refuse to accept it 

This makes them incredibly defensive, and thus they attack every one, and every idea, which suggests they are missing something important in their lives 

Really thinking it through, might force them into dangerous waters, so the y set up defensive barriers in their minds, and ridicule  sarcasm and denial, are good strong barriers.   . 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

2178rb.jpg

Video: Symbiotic Relationship: Definition & Examples. Symbiotic relationships are a special type of interaction between species. Sometimes beneficial, sometimes harmful, these relationships are essential to many organisms and ecosystems, and they provide a balance that can only be achieved by working together.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Video: Symbiotic Relationship: Definition & Examples. Symbiotic relationships are a special type of interaction between species. Sometimes beneficial, sometimes harmful, these relationships are essential to many organisms and ecosystems, and they provide a balance that can only be achieved by working together.

1ygjoy.jpg

15 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Nothing relevant to what I asked for. I'm dealing with bismides on the daily basis. Colleagues are growing ternary/quaternary bismides faster than I can bastardize grown samples, so I know a bit about difficulties in growth technology and physics behind it.

Anyway, where is God in your link?

Never mind you missed my point altogether   That is not he sort of info you can ask god for.  It breaks the prime directive of not imparting advanced technologies 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

It breaks the prime directive of not imparting advanced technologies 

But it is in reserve. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Just to clear things up for Crazy Horse, the 'God' you speak of is not the creator of the universe, it is an alien that does not even see itself as God. I believe CH was looking for the ultimate 'it' and not an alien with limited power.

Quite correct A creator god, outside of space and time, all knowing and all powerful, is a physical impossibility and thus requires magical thinking.

God is real, powerful, wise and physical, and thus must be an evolved product of a preexisting naturla environment.

Because  i know god is real and powerful i dont have the luxury of using magical thinking to shape him to my desires.

However the mind of god IS the ultimate it. ie the cosmic consciousness which  connects the galaxy and mentors educates and helps evolving species .  When a human connects to this mind it understands the nature of all things  and becomes one with god.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

It s also interesting how, the more people are pressed on their disconnection from god, the more they resort to ridicule.

it is hard to comprehend that some people  really don't get it (after all, many have tried to explain it to them)  so i must assume the y get it  (the pov/ argument) but refuse to accept it 

This makes them incredibly defensive, and thus they attack every one, and every idea, which suggests they are missing something important in their lives 

Really thinking it through, might force them into dangerous waters, so the y set up defensive barriers in their minds, and ridicule  sarcasm and denial, are good strong barriers.   . 

It's also interesting how someone has an opinion that they are right and imposes attitudes on others about how they feel or think are themselves blind about why people find their position unrealistic.

jmccr8

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

It's also interesting how someone has an opinion that they are right and imposes attitudes on others about how they feel or think are themselves blind about why people find their position unrealistic.

jmccr8

But there's a difference between the two sides of the discussion. 

One of the two sides is working to impose doubt and meaninglessness.

While the other is not.