Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UM-Bot

'Ghostly' chatter - fact or fiction?

3 posts in this topic

microphone.jpg
It's claimed the dead have found a new way of contacting the living. Not by rapping on tables or spewing ectoplasm over a twitching medium, but via electronic signals. So-called "Electronic Voice Phenomena" (EVP) are supposed to be the voices of ghosts, made audible through static on the radio, or on tape recordings.

It sounds like the plot of a Hollywood movie - Ghost crossed with The Cable Guy perhaps. And in fact it is.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

disgust.gif I am wondering if this "Professor French" has tried to get EVPs or is just giving an opinion off the cuff to see his name in print.

I have read a few of the sceptic's comments on other strings, but they usually don't try it. For fear of looking foolish.

I don't know if EVP is anything but Radio Bleed over, but I am still going to try it for awhile anyway. Cant hurt me, and at my age I already look foolish! wacko.gif

When investigating EVP be aware of the fact that the US gov't does send out subliminal programming in selected areas from time to time and has been doing so since 1954. Not saying that another intelligence is not communicating, but the waters are muddy. dontgetit.gif