Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Dept. of Defense Confirms UFO Research

Inversion5

2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Not only can the ATFLIR do this but the Super Hornet's RADAR is capable of identifieyng Targets as well.

Bold emphasis mine. 

Thank you showing that it uses matched filtering. You posted " prioritises threat signals, which are characterised in terms of frequency, amplitude, direction and pulse width "

That is matched filtering. It identifies targets not aircraft.

Thanks for showing I was correct.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Thank you showing that it uses matched filtering. You posted " prioritises threat signals, which are characterised in terms of frequency, amplitude, direction and pulse width "

That is matched filtering. It identifies targets not aircraft.

Thanks for showing I was correct.

I am still waiting to see you correct on something. You may be correct in your own mind but that's about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Truthseeker007 said:

I am still waiting to see you correct on something. You may be correct in your own mind but that's about it.

Love the continued cheerleading. Can't say the opinion of a cheerleader is of much use.

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

It does ID aircraft based on those characteristics. This is not new tech, we've deployed it for a while. 

I know that. I am well aware of matched filtering and its mathematical basis. It is a target identification system with the capabilities and limitations of the methodology.

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Love the continued cheerleading. Can't say the opinion of a cheerleader is of much use.

A cheerleader is much better then a propagandist.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I know that.

You just said it did not. Based on your hysterical posting on this recent subject your world view must really have been shaken! Sad. I feel bad for you. But not that bad. Happened to me too in 2002 when I had a Close encounter with a UAP. You'll survive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Thanks for another pointless comment.

I am trying to match your pointless ones. I can't keep up there is to many.:lol:

3 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You just said it did not. Based on your hysterical posting on this recent subject your world view must really have been shaken! Sad. I feel bad for you. But not that bad. Happened to me too in 2002 when I had a Close encounter with a UAP. You'll survive. 

The system identifies targets. It does not identify aircraft. The method is known as matched filtering.

I feel bad for your incompetence.

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The system identifies targets. It does not identify aircraft. The method is known as matched filtering.

I feel bad for your incompetence.

The only point of the technology is to ID enemy aircraft. 

Identification of a target is based on a mathematical process called matched filtering. Systems using matched filtering have known advantages and limitations. The limitations are dependent on the filters defined in the system.

Some people would like to pretend that identifying targets is the same as identifying aircraft. That is a bad guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

So other planes are never targets? smh

Can you explain what you are asking? This doesn't make any sense as written.

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Identification of a target is based on a mathematical process called matched filtering. Systems using matched filtering have known advantages and limitations. The limitations are dependent on the filters defined in the system.

Some people would like to pretend that identifying targets is the same as identifying aircraft. That is a bad guess.

I think everything you've posted in the last 24 hours is a collection of "bad guesses". 

Not only did the FA/18 super Hornet's fail to ID the objects via the RADAR and ATFLIR systems but the U.S.S. Nimitz and it's systems saw these first and called the first FA/18 Squadron off a training mission but also sent up another set of FA/18's to continue chasing these UAP!

The Fact that you can't accept this is BORING me. Catch you (literally catch you being full of it) next year! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saru said:

Thread cleaned

Members are again reminded to be civil and courteous when commenting - rudeness and hostility is not appreciated.

Thank you.

Since certain members are obviously not able to follow a simple request for civility as requested above, the thread is now closed.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked