Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman to eat dead mums ashes

seeder

OK this one creeped me out a bit. A woman is to sprinkle her dead mums ashes on the xmas dinner....and eat the lot. I already googled this and in the UK people are cremated in their coffins, so its not just bodily ashes she will be eating.... I dont know about you....but I find this very weird...

I’ll eat Mum for Christmas’: Grieving daughter plans to sprinkle her mother’s ASHES on her turkey dinner ‘to feel closer to her’ months after her death

Debra Parsons, 41, will season Christmas dinner with mother Doreen's ashes
    Mother-of-two, from Folkestone, Kent, eats spoonfuls of her remains every day
    She said: 'People might think I'm mad...I feel she can live on by being inside me'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5187635/Kent-woman-eat-mothers-ashes-Xmas-dinner.html#ixzz51YiDenhh

Edited by seeder
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Well, at least she didn't have her stuffed. :unsure:

Norma Bates......:o

• Like 6

If she had thought this thru better... she will have realised that what she is really doing....is flushing her mum down the toilet...once the food and ashes have gone thru her body.... so her mum will be...in the sewers....not a great resting place for anyone...

thats my view anyway... plus I just cannot find anything good about the idea....

perhaps thats just me

• Like 6

Maybe not so normal I think to eat your mums remains

From article
It won't just be the turkey seasoned with the ashes, Debra plans on dusting her traditional Christmas pudding with the remains

And regarding that pudding, from the look of her on the pictures in the link it looks like she have allready eaten to much pudding in her life..

• Like 3

Just now, seeder said:

If she had thought this thru better... she will have realised that what she is really doing....is flushing her mum down the toilet...once the food and ashes have gone thru her body.... so her mum will be...in the sewers....not a great resting place for anyone...

thats my view anyway... plus I just cannot find anything good about the idea....

perhaps thats just me

No it's not you...

• Like 2

She actually looks like my last caregiver.......who I had locked up.

• Like 4

as per the OP....its not just xmas dinner....

Mother-of-two, from Folkestone, Kent, eats spoonfuls of her remains every day

• Like 4

From article
Debra's fiancé, who wants to remain anonymous, has supported her through her grief and they plan to marry next year. 'I am lucky that my loved ones understand what I am doing,' said Debra

Yeah right... lucky as hell.. I dont think he understands at all because he will probably be next..
She looks hungry :D

• Like 4

well she is not the first to do this, heres one from years ago

• Like 1

Usually I have something greasy to say but.......I have nothing....I'm too skeeved...:blink:

• Like 5

theres a wiki on the subject

As a cultural practice

Herodotus (3.38) mentions funerary cannibalism among the Callatiae, a tribe of India. Also, the Aghoris of northern India consume the flesh of the dead floated in the Ganges in pursuit of immortality and supernatural powers.[3]

It is believed that some South American indigenous cultures, such as the Mayoruna people, practiced endocannibalism in the past.[4] The Amahuaca Indians of Peru picked particles of bone out of the ashes of a cremation fire, ground them with corn, and drank as a kind of gruel.[5] For the Wari' people in western Brazil, endocannibalism is an act of compassion where the roasted remains of fellow Wari' are consumed in a mortuary setting;[6] ideally, the affines would consume the entire corpse, and rejecting the practice would be offensive to the direct family members.[6] Ya̧nomamö consumed the ground-up bones and ashes of cremated kinsmen in an act of mourning; this is still classified as endocannibalism, although, strictly speaking, "flesh" is not eaten.[7] Such practices were generally not believed to have been driven by need for protein or other food

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannibalism#As_a_cultural_practice

• Like 3

The Iroquoians ate the dead. Family and enemies. The people on their cooking pots meant for eating flesh represented a dead body.

• Like 3

Years ago a local guy died and he wanted his ashes sprinkled in front of the town pub in the winter so people wouldn't slip on the ice. It was fine until there were all these greasy black marks on the inside floor.

But hey, at least it was practical!

• Like 3

I also find the issue of women who eat the placenta after the birth of the baby quite weird too....

But at least thats NOT a person

• Like 3

Just now, seeder said:

I also find the issue of women who eat the placenta after the birth of the baby quite weird too....

It's not only weird it's unhealthy as all hell. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, seeder said:

placenta_helper.jpg

Or maybe a tasty burger :) 

placenta-burger.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe some of you remember...but there was a plane crash in some snowy mountains....the few survivors ending up eating some of the dead people from the crash.... now THAT I can understand....based on survival only...   it'd still be hard to experience....but when youre starving hungry you lose all sense....

It always breaks my heart to see homeless people in UK look in bins for any food thats been thrown away

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, seeder said:

Actually, my brother is the director of a large pediatric clinic and they our on his **** list right below antivaxers

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Maybe some of you remember...but there was a plane crash in some snowy mountains....the few survivors ending up eating some of the dead people from the crash.... now THAT I can understand....based on survival only...   it'd still be hard to experience....but when youre starving hungry you lose all sense....

It always breaks my heart to see homeless people in UK look in bins for any food thats been thrown away

I volunteered for ARC and the Camden VOA and it's saddening....

• Like 5

At least have the decency to smoke them,

This is just some really well-done cannibalism

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Just now, seeder said:

I know I know..
When I was around 20 me and three friends decided to go on a canoe trip and camp.
We all took the same things with us.
More beer than we could possible drink on that 7 day trip and some bags with sausage,
After 4-5 days with nothing except grilled wienersausage and beer and no fish caught I could eat anything..
I remember tearing through my bags in search of anything.
In the bottom I found a dented can of ravioli that we threw in the fire to heat it.
That can with cheap ravioli that we opened with an axe was the best meal in my life.
we almost fought over it...

Best vacation ever.....

• Like 3

I feel bad for the mother! Ugh. Glad I'm not set on getting burnt up. I want to be buried.

• Like 1

I saw a show years ago where a man had his wife’s ashes put into pill capsules and he would take some every day.

• Like 1