Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Encounters with the Little People of Alaska

rashore

All across the world, in almost every culture there have long been reports of so-called “little people,” and it is so common throughout geographical or cultural boundaries that it is a phenomenon in and of itself. Gnomes, Elves, Trolls, Duendes, they go by many names, and curiously they tend to share not only vast similarities in the general appearance of such creatures, but also the genuine sightings reports from these places that seem to pull these entities out from the realms of pure fantasy or fairy tales and into the real world. I have written of this here at Mysterious Universe before in general, and also more specifically on this phenomenon in places as far flung as South America and Japan, and such accounts never cease to amaze. One area with its own tales of mysterious little people is the frigid, far-northern land of Alaska, in the United States. Here, as in many other places around the world, strange little people roam about, and they are seen by the populace as being every bit as real as you or I.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/12/odd-encounters-with-the-mysterious-little-people-of-alaska/

• Like 6

Every culture has it's fairy tales, my Cherokee ancestors were no exception. Most, like our own, were tales to entertain children, with origins and meanings, lost in mists of time. Some, like of those Grandmother Spider, were part Cherokee Creation Mythos.

• Like 4

I have seen such creatures in the woods behind my house!  I'm pretty sure it was a dwarf...well...I was pretty sure it was a dwarf until it started to fly and morphed into an Elfin Queen....

...I was going to video it but in my rush to grab my phone....I accidentally spilled a large amount of Crown Royal on said phone and ...very mysteriously...the camera stopped working.  Elfin Magic I am sure...they will not let you capture them on film.

Okay..I just made all that up....I'm sorry! :(

• Like 5

I am thinking these entities may be ethereal which would be the borderline of real/unreal for us. They are real but primarily residents of the etheric plane which is not detectable by our physical senses. They can sometimes temporarily materialize and come in view of our physical senses. I have heard some serious stories of genuine sightings, about the best is the one about the English school children that has been shared on this forum before.

The etheric plane is the plane closest to the physical in theosophical and esoteric schools.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am thinking these entities may be ethereal which would be the borderline of real/unreal for us. They are real but primarily residents of the etheric plane which is not detectable by our physical senses. They can sometimes temporarily materialize and come in view of our physical senses. I have heard some serious stories of genuine sightings, about the best is the one about the English school children that has been shared on this forum before.

The etheric plane is the plane closest to the physical in theosophical and esoteric schools.

I think they were these. They fit what my people describe...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, that is definitely NOT what I was getting at.

Exactly.....

• Like 4

They prefer to be called people of abnormally small stature. I know a few. 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2017 at 3:01 AM, papageorge1 said:

I’m reading a bit of Michael Moorcook right now, and that sounds like what he calls “Middle Marsh”, the border realms to Faerie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m reading a bit of Michael Moorcook right now, and that sounds like what he calls “Middle Marsh”, the border realms to Faerie. 

Good chance he's been stealing his best stuff from papageorge1's posts.

• 3 weeks later...

These things do not exist, the shortest ever  living person  was a little under 2 feet and suffered from developmental issues, so how can these gnomes be so superior?

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 4:16 AM, AlaskanSkeptic said:

These things do not exist, the shortest ever  living person  was a little under 2 feet and suffered from developmental issues, so how can these gnomes be so superior?

Actually small humonoids s did exist 

I think it is very possible that these stories are about midgets.    Imagine if a town had a midget as part of its population.   The story would spread and get embellished. 

I've lived in many different cities (granted not large cities) and I have never seen a midget in them.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Little People have been documented the world over, and are still there. In Mexico are the Lacandons of the Yucatan, in Madagascar are the Kalanoros, and throughout Melanesia are the Negritos. The island of Flores yielded remains of people under two feet in height, and there are people there today who are short statured, possibly mixed descendants. Dwarves (possibly ancient Little People) were prized in ancient Egypt for their craftsmanship, especially in making jewelry. Legends from Scandinavia tell of magical jewels created by the Dwarves.

Lacandon people 01.jpg