Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Close encounters today: a global UFO update

UM-Bot

35 minutes ago, bison said:

A  very gradual form of contact, while more frustrating for us, might be considered the best. A much more technically capable civilization swooping down on us, all at once, could be very frightening and disruptive. Even if fear were eventually allayed, it could be demoralizing for us to be suddenly confronted with a race who could do a great many things far better than we can. The process of extraterrestrial contact could be a good deal more complicated, and careful, than a 'grand entrance'.      

Bison, it was tongue-in-cheek. Don't be so serious :lol:..

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/23/2018 at 4:53 AM, Mark One said:

To be be quite honest with you Occams Razor - If I suddenly came across an extraterrestrial vehicle (which had landed) and found humanoids approaching me...Well, I would feel terrified, shocked and have a sudden desire to flee.  The last thing on my mind would be to dig out my phone and then start taking lots of pictures.

I'm pretty sure anyone with an interest in this sort of thing would get some pictures of something so spectacular. If you were watching an alien spacecraft landing in a field or aliens coming down a gangway from their ship you would have time to take some pictures. Their technology would be nothing less than incredible, they would know you were there, if they meant you any harm you wouldn't be able to take any photographs.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:32 PM, preacherman76 said:

They are on youtube, where else? New ones everyday

Yes... amazing how people manage to get such poor images these days. I haven't seen anything convincing, have you? Maybe you could leave a link.

6 hours ago, Occams Razor said:

Yes... amazing how people manage to get such poor images these days. I haven't seen anything convincing, have you? Maybe you could leave a link.

Not really amazing at all. Phone cameras suck. 

Yeah ive seen something convincing, but it wasn’t a video, nor anything I can leave a link in regards to. 

Many of the videos I’ve seen look an awful lot like what I actually saw with my own eyes. So it isn’t as easy for me to dismiss them as it is for those who have never seen. 

Edited by preacherman76

15 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah ive seen something convincing, but it wasn’t a video, nor anything I can leave a link in regards to. 

That's always the case... what a surprise.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:24 PM, preacherman76 said:

Not really amazing at all. Phone cameras suck. 

Many of the videos I’ve seen look an awful lot like what I actually saw with my own eyes. So it isn’t as easy for me to dismiss them as it is for those who have never seen. 

And may I simply repeat my mantra - that's all fine and lovely, but I hope you won't mind if I wait until someone, somewhere actually collects the evidence required.  You'd think, after all these years, and now with everyone having (increasingly capable) recording devices in their pockets, we'd have more than just the stories.  I'm not having a go at you personally, pm, but why should a special rule be set up for you?  Do you dispute that some folks do, for a whole host of reasons, tell anecdotes that are either untrue or inaccurate (or hallucinated, or .. etc etc)?

The rest of science (and even the legal system) works on evidence and terms like beyond reasonable doubt, and I'd certainly prefer to base my conclusions on that sorta approach..  Sorry, but there it is.

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And may I simply repeat my mantra - that's all fine and lovely, but I hope you won't mind if I wait until someone, somewhere actually collects the evidence required.  You'd think, after all these years, and now with everyone having (increasingly capable) recording devices in their pockets, we'd have more than just the stories.  I'm not having a go at you personally, pm, but why should a special rule be set up for you?  Do you dispute that some folks do, for a whole host of reasons, tell anecdotes that are either untrue or inaccurate (or hallucinated, or .. etc etc)?

The rest of science (and even the legal system) works on evidence and terms like beyond reasonable doubt, and I'd certainly prefer to base my conclusions on that sorta approach..  Sorry, but there it is.

No I don't mind at all. As has been pointed out many times though it's unlikely you will ever see any such evidence. People do record these craft, practically everyday. It does no good though, cause you guys have dismissed the one outlet the entire world uses to share video's. Now don't get me wrong I don't know which video's are true or faked, I can only compare them to what Ive seen. Point is, we do have more then just stories, but they cant be depended on anymore then stories.

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 9:55 PM, Astra. said:

Idk, but why don't the little boogers just make a grand entry all at once for all of the world to see. Hell, at least that way, we'd be put out of our misery by having to constantly wonder in whether they exist or not. 

Doctor_Who_Dalek_motherships_9897.jpg

That's a good point, Astra, but the ramifications of such a coming out could lead to societal chaos. Not to the average person but to leaders in religion, politics and especially science. Everyone would want to know what ET has to say about *everything*. The ET's would be the darling of the people of this planet.

Do you know what that would do for a leader's ability to lead...? Not good. And it doesn't bode well for the big egos that these leaders often have when they are suddenly faced with the harsh reality that they are no longer the "best and the brightest". Especially scientists.

And *in my opinion*, the aliens know this, as they have learned this in the past, and respectfully keep their distance.

Time for a timely reboot of a much loved series that didn't quite make it as big as it should have ...

~

3 days ago - Speaking to Slash Film, Nichols talked about the progress on “Alien Nation” and why we haven't heard so much about it over the last couple of ...

~

~

[00.01:51]

~