Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret Chamber Behind Sphinx's Ear

dreamland

4 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

......and still not proven it. The ultimate FAIL.

cormac

That is because *stifles a giggle*, the Orthodox Cabal of Egyptologists refuse to do the scientific testing Cladking has been begging for.;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

That is because *stifles a giggle*, the Orthodox Cabal of Egyptologists refuse to do the scientific testing Cladking has been begging for.;)

If ignorance is bliss he’s the happiest person on earth. 

cormac

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kenemet said:

As others may have indicated, Youtube is one of the worst places to obtain information on anything, and "ancient mysteries" videos are among the worst.  Don't get me wrong -- there ARE ancient mysteries and there are things to be found even in explored places. But there's a lot of nonsense out there.

Here's a quick guide on How to Tell If That Video Is Pure Baloney

* It's about Sphinx/Giza/Gobekli Tepe/Stonehenge AND the video is not by someone who's an actual researcher on the site.

* claims something about an ancient site that nobody has noticed (in spite of thousands of years of people climbing all over it, chipping off souvenirs, digging up the area, etc, etc.)

* No one in the video has any credentials in the subject (in cryptozoology, nobody is asking a vet what that skeleton is, for example.  Or a geologist commenting on Egyptian monuments.)  Our knowledge base is vast.  If they don't even know the basics, they have no business commenting (just as I have no business commenting on space ship design.)

* It's about "Akashic Records" or "Library of Alexandria."  http://abc7chicago.com/education/gurnee-parents-upset-by-middle-schools-hitler-homework/2754548/ If you doubt this, read some of the works of the more famous people who claimed to be able to read them and compare what they said the future was with what it is. 

* It involves "sacred geometry" and an ancient site.  "Sacred Geometry" was invented by the Greeks and dates to the time of Plato https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_geometry#As_worldview_and_cosmology - Societies not in contact with Greece (like ancient Egypt) didn't have such a concept.

* It says that everyone who has studied the site since it was first recorded (including amateur archaeologists, artists, etc) is wrong and only they have the right interpretation.

* An ancient monument predicting Christian prophecy.  (If they were making predictions, they didn't know about Christianity and would not be making prophecies about it -- just as Christian churches today aren't making prophecies about a religion that will come into being in another thousand years.

* It supports/advertises a site that's owned by the person making the video and that site just happens (golly, what a coincidence) to sell books and other things about the topic.

* There's also a list of names that indicate the material's unreliable (Von Danniken is one of them.)

Psfft, YouTube is imho the best place to watch Ancient Civilization videos. It contains a plethora of information worth viewing. Now if you wish to qualify your statement by saying "accurate information" I would tend to agree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Well lets not ignore the fact that the depiction shows something under the ear and certainly not behind it.  

Maybe they overlooked something in plain sight.

Edited by Winter Summer

34 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

More likely there’s nothing of archaeological/Egyptological/scientific interest outside of what’s already known and therefore irrelevant to a discussion of AE culture. Just because you, the average laymen, hasn’t had it explained to you by the experts on site (which ISN’T their job) doesn’t mean “it’s all kept in secret” as you claim. 

cormac

That's exactly what I would expect a card carrying member of the Sinister Cabal Academia to say. 

49 minutes ago, Winter Summer said:

sphinx.png.ef4ea2304996782aef0fe91a2d1ceb02.png

There's a second, somewhat better known but FAR less investigated secret chamber under the tail:

5a3863ba6a395_sphinxrearentry.jpg.8dba35f47df37b062dacf3d8c58f796c.jpg

Few who have ventured in there have returned with their mind intact.

A gas mask is needed, and you don't dare use a torch.

Harte

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Harte said:

There's a second, somewhat better known but FAR less investigated secret chamber under the tail:

Harte

Are you asserting that the arrow points to a vent/shaft/portal to the underworld and the A.E. appropriately carved a hideous feline demon there as a warning?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dreamland said:

i do believe that there is something there. i don't have prove but it's suspicious the way it looks like. people back then had different mindset,  and that's why they were not interested. why would ancient cut a squared looking hole on the side of sphinx head? it makes no sense. i read that egyptians explored the area beneath sphinx front pawns where the hall of records supposedly is and now they placed wooden floor in this area so noone can see what they did there, or what's underneath. maybe now they will explore this chamber under the sphinx ear? anyways..what's really makes me mad is that they will not tell anything...it's all kept in secret. 

You've already been told. There's a recess on the other side that closely resembles this one, so more than likely these recesses were for an adornment attached to the head. But it's simply absurd to think a half-baked YouTube video is "reporting" on something that several generations of real historians, Egyptologists, geologists, and other professionals have somehow missed. They haven't missed anything. There's nothing to see but a recess.

What's below the Sphinx, and between the paws, is yet another recess. This one was for concealing a priest in order to carry out oracle rituals, which was very common in pharaonic Egypt. The hole is covered today for the simple reason that they don't want tourists falling into it. The Egyptian government as well as agencies such as the Giza Plateau Mapping Project have done ground-penetrating radar and sunk deep bore holes all around the Sphinx. There doesn't appear to be anything interesting below the monument.

I can't do it justice like Kenemet did in her post. This post of hers definitively throws the YouTube video into the rubbish bin. Do not ever think that a YouTube video is legitimate research material.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Not all fault. He still hasn't filled out the paperwork and submitted the $65,000 initial fee.

13 hours ago, dreamland said:

Did anyone else notice the coin slot next to the chamber entrance? I think that's what's holding back any progress, no one has any ancient Egyptian tokens. :lol:

Edited by Sooth Sayer
Oops
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Not all fault. He still hasn't filled out the paperwork and submitted the $65,000 initial fee.

Another Scholarly Congregation  (of) Academia Member chimes in protecting the paradigm of dusty old men who have penned equally dusty old books, further obfuscating the profound assertions from an "out of the box" thinker who's YouTube video could change how the population views our ancestors.:D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

. Do not ever think that a YouTube video is legitimate research material.

I'll have to keep that in mind when listening to lectures from Eric Cline, Ken Wright, et al on YouTube. Shame too, I thought there was some decent information given in the collapse of the Bronze age and South American cultures in a few of those.:(

22 hours ago, Jarocal said:

No one thought to check the Giza plateau for evidence of a cold water co2 geyser in antiquity until Cladking came along...

Well, actually, no one bothered to check after he came along, either. Both cases illustrate seeder's point; 'If it sounds(seems) unreasonable, it probably is'

• Like 3

21 hours ago, dreamland said:

i do believe that there is something there. i don't have prove but it's suspicious the way it looks like. people back then had different mindset,  and that's why they were not interested. why would ancient cut a squared looking hole on the side of sphinx head? it makes no sense. i read that egyptians explored the area beneath sphinx front pawns where the hall of records supposedly is and now they placed wooden floor in this area so noone can see what they did there, or what's underneath. maybe now they will explore this chamber under the sphinx ear? anyways..what's really makes me mad is that they will not tell anything...it's all kept in secret. 

How do you know the ancients did it?  People have been crawling all over the Sphinx, chipping off bits and scrawling graffiti on it for thousands of years.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jarocal said:

I'll have to keep that in mind when listening to lectures from Eric Cline, Ken Wright, et al on YouTube. Shame too, I thought there was some decent information given in the collapse of the Bronze age and South American cultures in a few of those.:(

You should always double check the information.  Lecturers have been known to get it wrong and tv producers have been known to gloss over things.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

I've actually seen that one in person.  I did not go in.  

Of course, I was with Zahi Hawass and he probably cast some sort of Jedi Mind Trick to prevent me from seeing all the little green men entering and exiting the chamber, carrying Akashic Records of who was naughty and who was nice.  Though I seem to remember that you were on the "warrants further investigation" list.  Has anyone come knocking on your door recently?

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Gaden said:

Well, actually, no one bothered to check after he came along, either. Both cases illustrate seeder's point; 'If it sounds(seems) unreasonable, it probably is'

Why would an unattested technology powered by a type of geyser there is absolutely no evidence for ever having existed in all of Egypt, let alone the Giza Plateau, seem or sound unreasonable?:wacko:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

You should always double check the information.  Lecturers have been known to get it wrong and tv producers have been known to gloss over things.

Verification would require what is the word I am looking for? Effort, yes that is the word, effort...

That is totally unreasonable an expectation to have of someone when baseless conjecture is far more amusing entertaining convenient.:P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I've actually seen that one in person.  I did not go in.  

Of course, I was with Zahi Hawass and he probably cast some sort of Jedi Mind Trick to prevent me from seeing all the little green men entering and exiting the chamber, carrying Akashic Records of who was naughty and who was nice.  Though I seem to remember that you were on the "warrants further investigation" list.  Has anyone come knocking on your door recently?

Those weren't little green men.

They were gerbils.

Harte

• Like 4

On 12/18/2017 at 4:58 PM, Harte said:

Harte

...it's even more concerning when you realize that the Sphinx' original form was that of a ancient and vast space Basset Hound. I understand the first full sentence written in Egyptian was "The Dog did it."

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

...it's even more concerning when you realize that the Sphinx' original form was that of a ancient and vast space Basset Hound. I understand the first full sentence written in Egyptian was "The Dog did it."

--Jaylemurph

That's actually inscribed on the underside of the tail, but the sand has concealed it. And long ago, behind the tail, was a beautifully carved pile of rock poop.

7 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Why would an unattested technology powered by a type of geyser there is absolutely no evidence for ever having existed in all of Egypt, let alone the Giza Plateau, seem or sound unreasonable?:wacko:

Your first clue would be that HE suggested it. He is, after all, one of, if not the most unreasonable person one is likely to meet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 6:08 PM, jaylemurph said:

--Jaylemurph

This might be interesting to you:

21uvzv.jpg

Also:

21rtpl.jpg

21r3mw.jpg

21slvh.jpg

I'm thinking it also has ties to Asyut.