Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret Chamber Behind Sphinx's Ear

dreamland

On 1/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, Jon the frog said:

The entrance of the ancient wax factory ! Were did you think they would have found all the wax for the mommies ? It's just there !

Mommies...or mummies? Mommies need the wax for removing leg hair.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Such a misogynistic jest perpetuating  in a subliminal manner the stereotype of women needing to conform with some beauty standard set forth by a patriarchal oligarchy...

I like it! The devious tactics of the Academia Cabal may have some redeeming merits.:D

Back to the topic though.

1) Are there corresponding slots and notches on the other side of the head?

2) Has an inspection at any point indicated signs of these features now visible being plastered over in the past?

3) is it possible someone in a later Egyptian culture who would have considered the Sphinx an idolatrous symbol decided to quarry a block or two out of the Sphinx and was stopped?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

They better be using it to wax my floors.

Harte

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Such a misogynistic jest perpetuating  in a subliminal manner the stereotype of women needing to conform with some beauty standard set forth by a patriarchal oligarchy...

I like it! The devious tactics of the Academia Cabal may have some redeeming merits.:D

Back to the topic though.

1) Are there corresponding slots and notches on the other side of the head?

Yes. There are other slots as well.

One in particular, in the back, between the legs.

2) Has an inspection at any point indicated signs of these features now visible being plastered over in the past?

Interestingly enough, there DOES exist some evidence of the rear slot being plastered over. Current thinking is that if it was, then it likely was a representation of what in later times was called a "chastity belt."

3) is it possible someone in a later Egyptian culture who would have considered the Sphinx an idolatrous symbol decided to quarry a block or two out of the Sphinx and was stopped?

I'd say impossible. Later Egyptians were far too lazy to make any such attempt.

Harte

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Harte said:

Interestingly enough, there DOES exist some evidence of the rear slot being plastered over...

A Sphinx suppository, you say?

• Like 5

On 12/18/2017 at 5:14 PM, seeder said:

at the beginning of that video... about 20 seconds in...the video is about THE BOY ON MARS....ie....the thread I posted above

Yeah how stupid is that. One big misinformation.