Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chicago commissioner asks for UN peacekeepers

OverSword

yea cops do not even want to go to those areas, even with guns, vests and badge law protecting them.   yet poor caseworkers had to go to those projects unarmed, alone, unprotected, and deal with those violent animals themselves.  those are who i call heros, not those who are armed protected and still scared to be on video. 

Edited by aztek

18 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well we both agree on the not sending in the UN then,and your previous question i answered very simply...

I don't think there truly is a great answer as i don't want to see marshall law declared on US streets with the national guard either...but when we have our law enforcement being blamed left and right for everything by these same neighborhoods,and in turn they turn around and scream they are not being protected...we have a serious governmental failure somewhere!

This reminds me of a scumbag I know. Burns peoples cars and property if he suspects they spoke to the police and runs to the cops if he is approached pyblicly and asked to stop. Actually claimed to be threatened. Oh how the Officer laughed.

It is a massive issue, poverty and a disenfranchised group of people with few good options. For many of the youth, gang culture is the only way they see to get money/fame/notoriety.

It would not be fixed over night, but education and proper job opportunities are the key to a slow turn back.

Edit to add: Proper mental health treatment and the ability to institutionalise people with violent mental health issues would also help.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea cops do not even want to go to those areas, even with guns, vests and badge law protecting them.   yet poor caseworkers had to go to those projects unarmed, alone, unprotected, and deal with those violent animals themselves.  those are who i call heros, not those who are armed protected and still scared to be on video. 

The case workers aren't targeted though.

Remember the Cabrini Green high-rise apartments in Chicago? Responding Officers had to wear helmets because the residents would drop bricks on them from their windows and balconies. The Officers weren't acting cowardly by wearing protective gear; they were trying to avoid getting their heads caved in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

I won't stand up for cops completely as i'm not their biggest fans either and some i'm sure have "earned" their notoriety but we still have to have them and no way in hell would i want anyone to have to go through todays media condemnation and public guilt perception on a worldwide scale just because the whole story wasn't released right away!

You know, he could be charged with treason, he is basically asking for a foreign army to occupy a city in United States.

4 hours ago, Setton said:

I think if militias see peace keepers as an act of war, the problem is with the militias (between their ears to be precise). 

It might be that "thing" about foreign troops on American soil. If you're cool with that, we'll send some Marines to patrol your worst city streets. I'm not talking about joint exercises and military bases. I'm talking about police actions.

• Like 3

He said 'Quiet Genocide'? How demeaning to that word! Is one ethnic group killing another ethnic group because of their ethnicity? No! This is just criminality and often just senseless violence.

It is good though to be reminded regularly that there are both dumb liberals and dumb conservatives out there. Of course the news keeps us aware of that fact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Isn't Chicago basically like Detroit? You had the huge influx of black people migrating away from the cotton fields to work in factories up north, only to have those factories shut down and leave a massive economic hole that has yet to be filled.

Crime is about poverty, and if you don't throw jobs and social programs at the problem (which takes a lot of money) then it doesn't matter what decisions those in charge make.

Glasgow has had the exact same problem for a far, far longer period of time.

I see some of what you say,but "crime is about poverty" doesn't 100% equate...

"Crime is about MONEY" may be a bit closer wording.

Look at all these doctors busted in recent years for running pill mills that had nothing to do with poverty,and then vice versa of business owners who started out dirt poor but became very wealthy...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

You know, he could be charged with treason, he is basically asking for a foreign army to occupy a city in United States.

What makes this press conference so mysterious (to me, anyways) is that Mr. Boykin is a Political Science major. He has to know that his actions are going to cause an uproar.

"While at CSU, Commissioner Boykin majored in Political Science, and consistently made the National Dean’s List, going on to attain the President’s Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement. He graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1990. In 2015, Central State University inducted Commissioner Boykin into its Achievement Hall of Fame."

I'm curious what his endgame is. I don't believe he seriously thinks the UN is going to march in and declare Marshall Law in Chicago. This has to be a political 'shot across the bow' to gain attention for a run at the Mayor's office, or even a Presidential run.  

Take a look at his credentials:

http://richardrboykin.com/meet-the-commissioner/ 

• Like 1

I lived in the hood so I can say a lot. But I won't. People want a scapegoat. Usually that's where we minorities fit in... We're not the real problem.  The biggest problem is the welfare profiteering politicians who want to keep the hoods what they are. Boykin included....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

I lived in the hood so I can say a lot. But I won't. People want a scapegoat. Usually that's where we minorities fit in... We're not the real problem.  The biggest problem is the welfare profiteering politicians who want to keep the hoods what they are. Boykin included....

I agree 100%!

There really is a "welfare state" and it is there for a reason far beyond "helping the less fortunate"...

Several of the biggest problems socially and economically in our country are set up by design.

Whenever i hear one say blah,blah,blah i couldn't vote Republican because i care about those less fortunate,well i throw up a little bit...

I do the same when i hear Republicans say they want smaller government.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's not treason.  Trump Jr's lawyers pointed out that the crime of treason can only exist if we are at war.   https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/07/12/donald-trump-jr-did-not-commit-treason-under-legal-definition/471533001/

So...is this guy trying "collusion" to get a foreign military on American soil ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

So...is this guy trying "collusion" to get a foreign military on American soil ;)

That would be an interesting turnaround for once. ;)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I see some of what you say,but "crime is about poverty" doesn't 100% equate...

"Crime is about MONEY" may be a bit closer wording.

Look at all these doctors busted in recent years for running pill mills that had nothing to do with poverty,and then vice versa of business owners who started out dirt poor but became very wealthy...

True, but the need for money is far more prevalent in places where there is none. It is a well-studied and well-documented fact that poverty and high unemployment equals crime. Lots and lots of crime. It's one of the reasons that Scandanavian countries, who address poverty and inequality better than any other nations on earth, have very low rates of crime. 

In Glasgow, around 10 miles from where I grew up, the same problem exists for the same reasons. The average lifespan for a man in some places there is 54 years old, due to poverty, crime and drug use. The national average is 78.

• Like 1

My solution is a “cut off the limb to save the body” level of solution - You March the National Guard (specially chosen members of the Guard) in and you occupy a block, martial law time. No one in, no one out. Every single person on that block get the fifth degree. Any association with gangs and you’re off to a randomly chosen prison. The next day, you occupy the next block. Do the same. And again and again.

its not racial profiling as EVERYONE gets treated the same.

if you are fired on, you shoot to kill. No questions or warnings. Just returned fire.

you want to join a gang? Join the biggest, scariest damn gang going - the US army.

step two - schools are fortresses, scary I know, but necessary. They’re safe spaces, so you make them safe. Big walls. Thick glass. The teachers live on site so can’t be targeted by the gangs at night. Anyone turns up with a gun and again, off to a randomly chosen prison you go.

step three - you earn or you learn. You’re disabled? We’ll find you something you can do. No one sits around feeling sorry for themselves.

13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

you want to join a gang? Join the biggest, scariest damn gang going - the US army.

The Bloods make their young "soldiers" enlist into the military to gain a "skill set". Many are former combat vets. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simplybill said:

The case workers aren't targeted though.

not as much as rivals gangs, but just as much as anyone one else who does not belong there and does not look intimidating. robberies, assaults are common, sometimes the same people you visit assault you. 

my mother worked as one for 20 years. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

The Bloods make their young "soldiers" enlist into the military to gain a "skill set". Many are former combat vets. 

many gang gangs do that,  about 2% of us armed forces are active gang mambers

• Like 1

Isn’t calling for UNPK forces basically admitting to the total breakdown of his government and the failure of his policies?

AIM activist Russel Means (of Last of the Mohicans fame) has a great video called, “Welcome to the Reservation”... in it he goes into how he saw the US government roll out to the rest of the country, all the policies which they had first perfected upon his people. How he witnessed the same sad story repeated over and over... things supposedly designed to bring about progressive paradises, which only turned places into hopeless reservations. Education systems which dumbed down instead of teaching... students increasingly more insulated and ill prepared to deal with the outside world... government handouts becoming the primary source of nourishment. In the end... by intention and design... creating plantations with the sole purpose of raising more victims, trapped in a never ending cycle.

• Like 3

So, who will watch the watchers? The same geniuses that created the mess in the first place... that will work out well.

“Central African Republic: Murder by Peacekeepers”

“Discovery of Mass Grave Provides New Evidence”

https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/06/07/central-african-republic-murder-peacekeepers

“Members of a U.N. peacekeeping force in the Central African Republic allegedly turned to sexual predation, betraying their duty to protect”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/world/2016/02/27/peacekeepers/?utm_term=.ac005dab65c4

“U.N. Peacekeepers Accused of Rape in Central African Republic”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/05/world/africa/united-nations-peacekeepers-central-african-republic.html?referer=

With all those fringe benefits to their presence, why not have them hanging around? It’s not as if their effectiveness leaves something to be desired...

”The UN's peacekeeping nightmare in Africa”

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-38372614

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I grew up in a town we lovingly nicknamed the bronx. We had gang fights, drug dealers, crazy people, street riots, knee cappings and drive by shootings. 

I remember once visiting a friend. When I got to her house one of the big bad drug dealers was ramming her car repeatedly into my friends house and screaming. I'm pretty sure I only saw about 2 brown faces the entire time I lived there. But it was an estate area. Full of beneficiaries who found their pride from the wrong sources. Most never finished high school and even fewer had any real ambition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

If UN peacekeepers came to Chicago, then the city is by default under martial law.  We can do that without the UN.  This guy just doesn't want the white supremacist US government to help fix the complete failure of the local government in the most corrupt city in the USA.

For those that don’t know how far down the rabbit hole Chicago is...

“A Digital Archive Documents Two Decades of Torture by Chicago Police”

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/504233/

Chicago's history of torture is centered on police commander Jon Burge, who was assigned to Chicago's south side in 1972. Between then and 1981, Burge and his men used torture to elicit confessions from more than 110 African-American men. In addition to beatings, the police under Burge allegedly suffocated suspects with plastic bags and used electrical shocks to victims' genitals, a technique Burge may have learned as a military police investigator in Vietnam.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/383839/

And just in case you think anything has changed... that was then, this is now...

”The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site'”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site

An isolated incident perhaps?

“Homan Square revealed: how Chicago police 'disappeared' 7,000 people”

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/19/homan-square-chicago-police-disappeared-thousands

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It might be that "thing" about foreign troops on American soil. If you're cool with that, we'll send some Marines to patrol your worst city streets. I'm not talking about joint exercises and military bases. I'm talking about police actions.

We haven't invited them. There's the difference.