Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shock at 'fat cats' on parade at circus

Still Waters

The chunky cats are the star attraction at the reopening of Vladivostok Circus, but pictures of the performing beasts have led to criticisms of their diet and the 'cruelty' of keeping wild creatures in a touring troupe.

The animals - in an 'Empire of Lionesses' show - are trained by celebrated handler Vitaly Smolyants, known as a big cat whisperer.

Pictures highlighting their performance in the Russian Far East brought a swift response on social media, with accusations the big cats are badly treated.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/shock-over-fat-cats-on-parade-at-newly-reopened-vladivostok-circus/

• Like 1

I believe they should forbid animals in circuses..

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

I believe they should forbid animals in circuses..

Yeah, I don't like it either.

I guess one thing you don't want in your act is a hungry lion, though. 

• Like 4

I believe performing circus animals are banned in some countries, but not all. They should make it a worldwide ban.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

I believe performing circus animals are banned in some countries, but not all. They should make it a worldwide ban.

I agree..
My kids want to go when the circus comes to town. 
Some may think its a bit harsh but I refuse to support circuses who keeps animals with my money.

Something that is even worse in my opinion is places like sea world

• Like 4

On 12/19/2017 at 6:27 AM, Still Waters said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. In my opinion, using animals for entertainment should be banned altogether, including zoos (unless they are specifically dedicated to conservation and protection of the species).

”Do you know what the cruelest thing to do to someone who is locked in a box? Press their face against the window.”

• Like 3

On 12/19/2017 at 0:27 PM, Still Waters said:

Related:

Scotland has banned the use of wild animals in circuses, becoming the first of the UK’s nations to do so.

Under new legislation passed by the Scottish Parliament, travelling circuses that use wild animals will be banned from entering the country.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scotland-bans-wild-animals-travelling-141000345.html

A good start :tu:

• Like 1