Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has U.S. threatened Mecca?

Homer

Why hasn't Osama bin Laden's terror network executed an attack on U.S. soil since 9-11?

Simple, says Dr. Jack Wheeler, creator of an acclaimed intelligence website dubbed "the oasis for rational conservatives": The U.S. has threatened to nuke the Muslim holy city of Mecca should the terror leader strike America again.

On his website, To the Point, Wheeler explains how the Bush administration has identified the potential of wiping Mecca off the map as bin Laden's ultimate point of vulnerability – the Damoclean Sword hanging over his head.

"Israel … recognizes that the Aswan Dam is Egypt's Damoclean Sword," writes Wheeler. "There is no possibility whatever of Egypt's winning a war with Israel, for if Aswan is blown, all of inhabited Egypt is under 20 feet of water. Once the Israelis made this clear to the Egyptians, the possibility of any future Egyptian attack on Israel like that of 1948, 1967, and 1972 is gone."

Wheeler says talk of bin Laden's Damoclean Sword has infiltrated the Beltway.

Writes Wheeler in his members-only column: "There has been a rumor floating in the Washington ether for some time now that George Bush has figured out what Sword of Damocles is suspended over Osama bin Laden's head. It's whispered among Capitol Hill staffers on the intel and armed services committees; White House NSC (National Security Council) members clam up tight if you begin to hint at it; and State Department neo-cons love to give their liberal counterparts cardiac arrhythmia by elliptically conversing about it in their presence.

"The whispers and hints and ellipses are getting louder now because the rumor explains the inexplicable: Why hasn't there been a repeat of 9-11? How can it be that after this unimaginable tragedy and Osama's constant threats of another, we have gone over three years without a single terrorist attack on American soil?"

Available only to subscribers of To the Point, Wheeler ends his column by explaining the effectiveness of the Mecca threat.

"Completely obliterating the terrorists' holiest of holies, rendering what is for them the world's most sacred spot a radioactive hole in the ground is retribution of biblical proportions – and those are the only proportions that will do the job.

"Osama would have laughed off such a threat, given his view that Americans are wussies who cut and run after a few losses, such as Lebanon in 1983 and Somalia in 1993. Part of Bush's rationale for invading Afghanistan and Iraq – obviously never expressed publicly – was to convince Osama that his threat to nuke Mecca was real. Osama hates America just as much as ever, but he is laughing no more."

Wheeler says bin Laden is "playing poker with a Texas cowboy holding the nuclear aces," so there's nothing al-Qaida could do that could come remotely close to risking obliterating Mecca.

Writes Wheeler: "So far, Osama has decided not to see if GW is bluffing. Smart move."

Full article

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Stellar

• gollum

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

at the same time, dropping a nuke on Mecca would also create what would essentially be Islam vs the West

Lmfao! I actually thought up of a situation like this a few months after 9/11! I was wondering if a bluff such as this (threatening to nuke Mecca if Al Qaida strikes the US again) would stop him from attacking!

I would find it very hard to swallow any such threat. It is my view the Bin Laden kicked the sleeping monster not hard enough to fully wake it up but enough for him to realize that he does not want the monster to fully come awake. A nuke on Mecca, doubtful highly doubtful, unless Bin Laden were to use some weapon on us of similar devastating power. He is hiding out in the mountains like a dog afraid of what he has unleashed.

Edited by twpdyp

Bluffing is different from actually nuking it though.

That theory is crazy, If Oshma felt anything, he would WANT Bush to bomb Mecca. Here's the reason, in bombing Mecca, the US starts anouther war against a single country, as well as p***ing off the entire muslim community world wide, Support for Oshma would be at an all time high, and the world would probably be launched into World War 3. No country would support us if we bombed Mecca. The Possiblity of Bush's advisors even considering it is crazy. But truely only Bush would be crazy enough to do it. Now I'm worried.

Doesn't need to be nuclear. We can drop just a few of those 21,000 lb. bombs we have in stock.

Edited by wcturnersr

Homer...terrific, I love it! thumbsup.gif

That theory is crazy, If Oshma felt anything, he would WANT Bush to bomb Mecca.  Here's the reason, in bombing Mecca, the US starts anouther war against a single country, as well as p***ing off the entire muslim community world wide,  Support for Oshma would be at an all time high, and the world would probably be launched into World War 3.  No country would support us if we bombed Mecca.  The Possiblity of Bush's advisors even considering it is crazy.  But truely only Bush would be crazy enough to do it.  Now I'm worried.

446108[/snapback]

No, you see...if Bush says "If you attack us, we'll nuke Mecca", sure the arabs might get mad(er) at the US, but attacking the US would cause their holy city to get nuked. They need to go to Mecca what? Either once or every few years (I forget which) in order to get to heaven. By attacking the US they would be partly responsible for the destruction of their holy city.

Its like if a guy's holding a gun to you. If you try to pull out your gun, he'll shoot. He'll be responsible for killing you, but you also played a part because you attempting to pull out your gun caused him to shoot you. In the end, you died.

Doesn't need to be nuclear. We can just a few of those 21,000 lb. bombs we have in stock.

That wouldnt have the same effect as a nuclear attack. Nuking it with a strong enough nuke could leave a nearly permanent fall out, which would keep people out of Mecca. Conventional weapons may destroy the city, but it doesnt keep people out.

Homer...terrific, I love it!

You're a sick person.

Edit:

Not only that, but you'd be the first to complain if they threatened to nuke a highly populated area.

Edit 2:

Not only that, but you'd use that as a reason to call them terrorists also.

Edit 3:

As I see it, with that comment, you're as much or a terrorist sympathiser as the arabs who are cheering OBL on.

Edited by Stellar

A ten year old could have come up with that solution. Who is this guy? Is he one of those analysts who used to be somebody high up 20 years ago before every system and project he knew about changed, and now news shows wheel him out to state the obvious because they couldnt get anybody important?

White House NSC (National Security Council) members clam up tight if you begin to hint at it

They also clam up if you start to talk about the reptilians (mostly because they dont want to talk to a nut).

Doesn't need to be nuclear. We can just a few of those 21,000 lb. bombs we have in stock.

Very true, but "nuke" makes a better soundbite. OBL is a very intelligent man (crazy yes) he wouldnt buy that for a second.

"The whispers and hints and ellipses are getting louder now because the rumor explains the inexplicable: Why hasn't there been a repeat of 9-11? How can it be that after this unimaginable tragedy and Osama's constant threats of another, we have gone over three years without a single terrorist attack on American soil?"

I would imagine hes waiting for apathy to set in so he can cause a real shock to the system. Plus he has to try a lot harder now.

This i feel is complete lunacy. All muslim countries dont see eye-to-eye on various levels but if mecca got nuked this would unite all entire muslim countries against america and cause riots worldwide. The American economy would also collapse due to lots of muslim countries cutting of their shares in american companies. Think of it as independence day movie where all humans forget their differences and band together to fight the aliens.

Bin laden hasn't attacked the U.S. because he is on the run, and its hard to co-ordinate an attack of large magnitude if your on the run. His network hasn't been quiet over the last 3 years though. The biggest event being the Madrid Bombings. Bin laden has constantly called for attacks against the U.S. but its much harder now as security in america has notched up a few gears.

Edited by Neosypher

" Hey there pardner, I'll see your bet and raise you a nuclear explosion over Mecca."

The whole idea is preposterous and only fuels the Conspiracy Crowd to new heights. rolleyes.gif

" Hey there pardner, I'll see your bet and raise you a nuclear explosion over Mecca."

The whole idea is preposterous and only fuels the Conspiracy Crowd to new heights. rolleyes.gif

446398[/snapback]

I agree with joc.

crying.gif

tongue.gif

Edited by Fluffybunny

I agree with joc.

This should at least prove that 'miracles do happen'. tongue.gif

But let me go one step further and say Why I think it is proposterous. The main reason is that in Israel and Egypt's case, El Presidente of Israel can call El Presidente of Egypt on the phone and say, ' If you attack us you will all need swimming lessons.' How on God's grey Earth would President Bush ever communicate such a threat to Osama Bin Laden? That is why it is preposterous.

How on God's grey Earth would President Bush ever communicate such a threat to Osama Bin Laden?

Uri Geller wink2.gif You know that crowd will have an equally proposterous explaination.

How on God's grey Earth would President Bush ever communicate such a threat to Osama Bin Laden?

Uri Geller wink2.gif You know that crowd will have an equally proposterous explaination.

446470[/snapback]

Lol, thats when I ask how come he didnt just get Uri Geller to tell them where OBL is hiding!?

Simple, says Dr. Jack Wheeler, creator of an acclaimed intelligence website dubbed "the oasis for rational conservatives": The U.S. has threatened to nuke the Muslim holy city of Mecca should the terror leader strike America again

I would like to know where this guy buys his mushrooms from. grin2.gif

w00t.gif wun...is the world coming to an end?

its like saying nuke the vatican

446900[/snapback]

No, I dont think so. Christians dont need to go to the vatican to get into heaven, accordign to their beliefs. Muslims have to go to Mecca though, IIRC

If the USA nukes mecca, A place of no threat but only religious significance, Not only will the Arabs rise against the USA, but the entire world!!!

If one nukes you, Is counter-nuking your attacker really going to solve the problem or make things better?!

Edited by Athenian

If the USA nukes mecca, A place of no threat but only religious significance, Not only will the Arabs rise against the USA, but the entire world!!!

If one nukes you, Is counter-nuking your attacker really going to solve the problem or make things better?!

*sigh* You people are missing the point. The questionned effectiveness is not in nuking it, its in saying that if they do something, the US will nuke it. Will the arabs really rise up against the USA and in turn call the bluff and risk getting Mecca nuked?