Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tumour-loving bugs deliver killer blow

Althalus

A humble and harmless soil bacterium is the latest recruit in the war on cancer. The bug is known to grow only inside tumours when it infects humans and has now been given a lethal new trick.

Researchers genetically engineered Clostridium bacteria so they were able to convert a harmless chemical into a potent toxin. Injecting the chemical into the patient's bloodstream should therefore destroy tumours from the inside, while leaving healthy tissues unharmed.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Althalus

• racerette

• j6p

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article Althalus, all I can think of is "bon appetit".

I lost several members of my family to that disease including my good friend and brother in law who was only 38. Thanks smile.gif

I can't wait until cancer is gone for good. I too have lost many friends/family/and pets due to this disease! Great article! biggrin.gif

It's really great that they have found a bacteria that can do this , but does it have to be genetically modified first huh.gif

Reminds me of the use of maggotts for removing gangrenouse flesh ( I hope nobody's eating unsure.gif )

Genetically modified or not If I am ever unfortunate enough to require this treatment I won't be complaining .

Brilliant article Althalus biggrin.gif . Hopefully they will be able to stamp out this disease forever.