Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LATEST NEWS: WORLD WAR?

Mystify

I believe rebuilding the towers will be a memorial.

But first, let us mourn our dead and clear the rubble. Who knows, we may yet find survivors under all the dust and debris.

Sadness and tears will not obscure our aim when the time comes for action. Our collective pain strengthens our resolve and the true mettle of the American spirit will be shown.

God bless America!

Dalia

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odinsupreme

• reese92

• Homer

• Mystify

That pic was a little too much for me. Twisted I must say. I think next time a warning would be appropriate.

I know that X. It just caught me off guard.

No offense taken :)

The question of whether or not the towers will be built again is a definate yes. Due to the economical importance and the fact so many people can be employed in a relatively small area, which is a neccessity in such highly populated city. Although most likely there will be some sort of permanent memorial set up where the original WTC buildings were, there will definately be other buildings built to replace them for business purposes, since it was the headquarters for many companies' corporate and financial network. 25 nations had financial offices within those buildings, so to think that they wont be replaced is rediculous. Where they will be built is anybody's guess, and is a waste of time to contemplate at this time.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Did you mean RIDICULOUS?? ::)

I think that at this time, everyone should just relax, mourn the dead and missing, and not try to assume that they know what anybody is going to do about rebuilding.  If they are rebuilt, chances are their design would be quite different anyway.  So please, let's not any of us pretend to think that we somehow know what is going to happen in the future.

Reese  

Teresa,

Everyone is mourning the loss, and nobody has assumed anything yet about the details of rebuilding. What I stated, and stated correctly, was that the tower(s) will be replaced. Anyone with common sense already knows this. Obviously now isn't the time to consider this, as I have previously stated. So there is no "pretend to think that we somehow know what is going to happen in the future."

Well said Homer.

Inapropriate or not, the question was posed and the question was answered.

We cannot -know- if the towers will be rebuilt. We only know what is in our hearts.

There may be much to rebuild before this is said and done. We may not even be here to rebuild.

But I say what I have always said: Where there is life, there is hope.

Reese, please forgive our assumptions. We all deal with these things in our own ways. As an eternal optimist I will continue to look to the future for my solace.

Love to you all, and God bless America!

Dalia

I do forgive you all!  ;):D

I don't mean to offend, but I really am sick of hearing about things right now, that on the grand scale are pretty shallow to even worry about.

For me, getting over this tragedy, has absolutely nothing to do with rebuilding something that has twice been attacked. I do hope that a list is compiled with the Pros and Cons of rebuilding before they decide either way.  Sorry, but I have alot of negative things to say about rebuilding. (Which I am keeping to myself, you should all be proud of me!) But hey, we are all entitled to feel differently, right?

Reese :-*

Dalia,

Thank you for seeing my point. As you stated, a question was asked to the forum, and I answered it.

Nobody knows, nor do they imply that they know, the future. However, if they aren't rebuilt, then regardless of what happens to the terrorist's, they would have won.

So, you would feel completely safe working in new World Trade Center buildings?  And, why is it so important to rebuild them?  Are they an important part of our history, and do they somehow define us as American citizans?  A building does not define us, or any one person.  They are buildings, not the 'spirit' of America.

Reese  :-*

Teresa,

It's not about whether or not I would feel safe in working in a new one. This tragedy has no doubt let everyone know, throughout the world, that nowhere is completely safe.

Those towers do, in some way, represent America. The rest of the world know's this, why dont you? But my original reason to the original question spells it all out for you. Hundreds of companies, employing thousands of people, and not rebuild?

Besides, the attack was also an attack on our way of life. To not eventually rebuild is to let the terrorists win. For us to live in fear would be their victory.

I think that is a pretty self-absorbed way of looking at it, but then again you are entitled to feel this way.

You can't shove 'patriotism' up my ass, and stand behind this tragedy doing so.  No one knows what their motive was.

I will just throw this idea out there, and everyone can respond or not.

If their true motivation was to bring our way of life down, and instantly crush us.  Why would they crash and kill the people that they did?  If we are a capitalist nation that thrives on our movie stars, and we do.  And, we are the joke of the world for not having faith in our gov't.  Then why wouldn't they have blown up everyone at a major sporting event?  Or, the Grammy's were set for this past weekend, why not take the whole place out?  I mean everyone in the world knows, that we would be crushed if something were to happen to 1000 of our famous movie stars, or much less a baseball team. (Something that is the foundation for America)  So, if their whole 'motivation' was to crush us, wouldn't there have been even a swifter form of that to be had?

I don't see how the towers were a part of our history.??  I am lost there.

Reese :-*

Teresa,

Your loss is obvious to everyone. I am not shoving patriotism at you. All you have to do is look outside, turn on the radio, watch T.V., the patriotism is all around us. If you can't see it, then nothing else needs to be said.

You can verbally insult me all you want, but I won't believe that your opinion is the opinion of everyone.  You are but one person, and just because my 'loss' is seen by you, does not mean that it is seen by everyone.  Speak for yourself.  Try not to assume that you know what other people are thinking.  As I tried to point out to you before, when anyone reads something it can be percieved in many different ways.  I am percieving you to be insultive. And, I am sure you would not agree with me, so there is a major difference in perception, right there.

Aaaggghhh...

Reese and Homer, you both have good points.

What Reese pointed out about the towers being such a major symbol to Americans, I suppose, depends on where you live in America.

I don't believe that even if many of our famous movie stars had been hit, we would be more devastated. The spirit of America lives in all of us, and as long as there are two left standing..our spirit will live. (I say two because we have to talk about it.)

Only my thoughts here.

God bless America

Dalia

Uhm, I don't know if it is already said, but:

TERRORIST ONLY WANT TO KILL PEOPLE AND SCARE PEOPLE! They just choose that building to kill people! Also the pentagon, to kill some important Militairy Officers.

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

The reason why the terrorist chose the WTC building was because they wanted to destroy americas economic power around the world thus taking other countries along for the ride.

The Pentegon thats pretty obvious. What puzzles me is that wouldnt the pentegon be more prepared then what they were ????????????

X

"America and the West are bracing themselves for another potential "Day of Infamy" this Saturday, when accomplices of the hijackers are suspected of having plotted new outrages."

Although this article comes from http://www.abovetopsecret.com/ and its validity may be questioned, it does say the source of the info is from The Times newspaper  :-[

So just be aware of this please.

Tommy

The only probable reason the terrorists did what they did, was to kill americans. The world trade center towers were bombed and attacked beacause thay are huge, and can hold almost 50,000 americans. If the terrorists had half a brain, they'd know the american spirit can never be broken, and wouldn't try. They only want to hurt america, and terrorize our great nation. These people are bent on violence and hatred. Burning flags, rioting on the streets, cheering like they've won a battle when innocent people die. The US should hunt them down like the dogs they are.

The world trade center towers were bombed and attacked beacause thay are huge, and can hold almost 50,000 americans.

Eeh, 'americans'? I know that americans are commonly overweighted ;D, but I hope that it's a typo and you are willing to correct it, right? Cos I don't like the idea of associating americans with some kind of 'Übermenschen'

As you know, alot of good ol' Europeans also died in those towers / the rubble.