Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancylotherium (Not Mokele-mmbmbe)

Naveed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/beasts/factfiles/fact...lotherium.shtml

I found this in the factfiles on the Walking With Prehistoric Beasts website. On the bottom of the details section it says:

They are thought to have become extinct only a couple of million years ago, although there are sometimes strange sightings which lead people to speculate that they may still survive in some parts of Africa.

Anyone heard of anything about this besides there?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naveed

• Loonboy

• Kismit

• emmy

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did a search on yahoo, and that came up with nothing other then info that doesn't involve any sightings. Couldn't find anything about it on Cryptozoology websites either. So I wonder if thats the only place we'll hear about it, or if perhaps more will come out in the near future. I'd like to see more cuz theres always a better chance of a prehistoric mammal surviving then a dinosaur. Other then that I agree with you two. It's a awesome creature.

If members of that species still exist today, then it's probably time someone made some serious ammendments to the history books.

smile.gif

Here's another page I found on these creatures:

BEAST

The original is in French or something here: Click

Also a guy named Dennis Geraads wrote an article on them in Geobios, issue 35. Dunno the year.