Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Bush's State of the Union

fearfulone

Hey everyone, finally i'm back online...after a 2 1/2 month hiatus, i've finally got my cable internet up and running and am back to defend the conservative values against the many mis-led liberals on this site tongue.gif kidding, kidding, you know i love you all....

anywho...seeing as though President Bush's State of the Union is only 1hr and 51 minutes away, i thought i'd open up a discussion on his current policy headlined in his inaguration about "spreading freedom throughout the world." Personally, and you all know i'm a pretty conservative guy, some may say much more than the president himself, I don't think thats the job of the US. I'm kinda p***ed about the Iraq thing, but we're there, let's help the people since we went in there anyway right? But there is no reason to go and "spread freedom" throughout the world... if anything, it shouldnt be the US' job. I mean, yes, i think iran and n. korea are very big threats, but if we're talking about freedom, don't we have to involve the sudan, and cuba, and the many in s. america that are not really free even though their gov't's claim they are? Personally, i believe that the policy of isolationism is the best for America at this time. We're losing jobs to foreign countries, our troops are spread thin, and our economy can easily crumble at any moment, the dollar is continuously getting weaker. For those who don't know me, like i said, i'm quite a conservative person...much more than the President, in my values and in my beliefs....but i'm not going to sit back and let him "spread freedom" without my approval. So basically, what i'm saying is....a couple hours before the State of the Union, i hope that he doesnt go on a 15 minute rant about the "freedom spreading" we need to do, or as he would saying "spreading, of the uh, the uh, you know, the freedom." I still do love my President because i believe in many things he does, but i just thought i'd put this out there. wink2.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Celumnaz

• joc

• fearfulone

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Welcome back original.gif

I am also a conservative, although I try my hardest to avoid online political debates. tongue.gif

Keep up the good fight!

I'm kinda p***ed about the Iraq thing, but we're there, let's help the people since we went in there anyway right? But there is no reason to go and "spread freedom" throughout the world... if anything, it shouldnt be the US' job. I mean, yes, i think iran and n. korea are very big threats, but if we're talking about freedom, don't we have to involve the sudan, and cuba, and the many in s. america that are not really free even though their gov't's claim they are? Personally, i believe that the policy of isolationism is the best for America at this time. We're losing jobs to foreign countries, our troops are spread thin, and our economy can easily crumble at any moment, the dollar is continuously getting weaker

Conservative? blink.gif Oh wait...I see...You must be a Pat Buchanan Conservative! tongue.gif

Spreading freedom is not like spreading peanut butter on a piece of bread. huh.gif

It is Americas best interest to 'spread freedom' throughout the middle east. Freedom will eventually spread to Cuba as well once Castro dies. It wouldn't be 'prudent' to spread freedom, i.e. Go To War With Cuba...since Cuba is not really a threat and they are only 90 miles or so from Florida. The Sudan? You are p***ed about Iraq and you want to go to war with Sudan?! Isolationism is about as realistic as totalitarianism. In my opinion they are pretty much one and the same. We are not losing jobs to foreign countries; American entrepreneurs are 'taking' their manufacturing processes to other countries because labor is cheaper and the tax restraints are not as pervasive. Do you really want to tell American Businessmen and Businesswomen that they cannot take their business abroad? The world economy revolves around it. Our troops are spread thin. So? It was Clinton and Gore that decided (like all Dem Presidents since Vietnam) to drastically cut the military. Our economy can easily crumble at any moment? ohmy.gif I really don't think you are delusional but I have to admit that this is a fairly questionable statement. The dollar isn't getting weaker...our economy is growing and getting stronger by leaps and bounds. I don't know where you've been (the dark side of the moon? tongue.gif )

but welcome back. thumbsup.gif

Oh and as far as The State of The Union Address:

Oh Boy! Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!

*wispers to Joc* Bush is a dork!

*wispers to Joc* Bush is a dork!

*jumps up and down and shouts out loud to SC*

THANK GOD FOR DORKS!!

Ahem...There is a difference between stating your actions and actually doing them. The greatest president would have succeeded in most of his promises from his speeches.

I just hope President Bush does better than we all expect him to original.gif .

watched the speech and by the end of it I was bawling my eyes out.

I remember when a friend of mine was suicidal, and as I was talking to him I saw that spark of hope form in his eyes and wash the desperation away. I bawled then too, it was the same kind of feeling. Pride. Not for what I had said, Pride, not just for what we have done, but for His accomplishment, for that woman's accomplishment, for the Iraqi people. Wether they love us or hate us in the future doesn't matter to me, that spark of hope brought tears to my eyes. I think I'm going to get misty eyed whenever I see a purple finger. sue me.

I too felt pride when I watched it... made me smile a lot as he spoke. original.gif

Especially when the Iraqi woman who was sitting with Laura Bush was introduced, and she stood up!

Wow.. just Wow!

Overall I really liked the speech, but the whole social security thing concerns me. I think there needs to be a lot more debate about the possible ways to fix it before Bush's plan is pushed through congress. I also think the democrats should spend less time trying to scare the public with Bush's plan, and more time finding new ideas themselves.

Everything else about the speech was great, in my opinion original.gif

Could we endeavor to keep the snarky, sarcastic and boorishly immature comments off some of these threads people? If you can't contribute anything of substance to the discussion, then don't post anything.

MM

Homer, see, i actually think his social security plan was outlined quite well. Obviously i'd have to look into it more because i'm sure there's some hidden things in it that i wouldnt agree with, but why not allow young workers to invest for themselves. im only 21, i work hard for my money, i'd like to see it do something for me rather than invest into an account that i'm not even sure is going to be there when i'm ready to retire (todays social security). You're right about the democrats, them booing him during that part of the speech was classless and immature. i havent heard a good reason by them to oppose bush's social security plan so it'll be interesting to hear the debate in the coming months....

Homer, see, i actually think his social security plan was outlined quite well. 

474543[/snapback]

I think he outlined it well too, and I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I do think the problem is so big, that there are details that have yet to be discussed to the public. I just think more ideas need to be on the table and discussed prior to any one plan being pushed through congress.

thing on that is *something* needs to be done, and he doesn't want to let it set and get worse before someone *has* to do something...

but the booing dems... while saying the economy is going terrible and leading to collapse, say soc sec is fine and not in near the trouble pubs are saying it is. to me, can't have it both ways, if economy's bad, it'll reflect in soc sec going down tubes and fast... if econ is good, then soc sec is doing as good as the dems say. dems don't want to touch it, they want to keep it as is. and after the standing O after bush says we need to work together... the dems start booing when he says congress needs to do something about soc sec, he gave his plan, nice outline, and says if they have any ideas to contribute please do... silence... they got nothin but hot air to boo with...