Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

47 Inch Human Femur

Chris_com28

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris_com28

• aquatus1

• zandore

• Doctor_Strangelove

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes what about it?

s8int.com/giants

Will this help?

Edited by zandore

People felt the need to tell us of hobbit like animals. I thought this would at least deserve a topic dedicated to it.

Comparing us to these guys we are the hobbits. I edited my last post in case you did not see it.

Why is it that the only sites talking about giants are inevitably always creationist sites?

480437[/snapback]

I'd love to see that bone be tested for authenticity...considering the site that it is coming from I am more than a bit dubious of it's credibility. When I googled the topic, I don't get a anything but websites similar to the one linked; not very credible in my opinion.

There could be something to it, but I wouldn't get to excited until I saw the response from a creditable lab as to what the bone came from and what it is made of. As far as I can tell it could be plaster of paris, or a carved elephant thighbone...

Just as the "bones" that the dinosaurs are constructed of in museums are usually molded copies of the bones and not the original fossilized bones themselves it is really difficult to know what looks real and what doesn't just by seeing a photo.

Incidentaly, you can buy a plaster cast of that bone for a mere $450.00 dollars. It all goes to help the cause, of course.

Regardless, while I haven't done any research on the matter, a friend of mine, a zoology major, stated without the slightest hesitation that it was indeed the thighbone of an Asian Pygmy elephant. She continued at length, while I simply tried to wrap my mind around the idea of a pygmy elephant, but she didn't seem the slightest bit unsure. I cannot say it as a fact, but my belief is in her knowledge and positive identification of this bone being from a pachyderm.

Just as the "bones" that the dinosaurs are constructed of in museums are usually molded copies of the bones and not the original fossilized bones themselves

480442[/snapback]

crying.gif They're . . . they're not . . . they're not REAL????? crying.gif

<g>

Everytime I see dinosaur skeletons in a museum I think of the old Grant/Hepburn movie Bringing Up Baby.

even if it's fake... that's one big femur!

Just as the "bones" that the dinosaurs are constructed of in museums are usually molded copies of the bones and not the original fossilized bones themselves

Well my dog doesn't seem to notice. He'll eat anything, even cheese rind.grin2.gif

"Everytime I see dinosaur skeletons in a museum I think of the old Grant/Hepburn movie Bringing Up Baby."

Whoa, I was just talking about that movie the other day, it's a classic. thumbsup.gif

Lots of ancient cultures speak of giants, not just the bible.

V.T.

in the biblical story of david and goliath, what did it say, goliath was like 10 ft tall or something? is it possible for human remains to be around for that long if it were true?

Well, the replica is real. Whether or not it is from a 'real' fossil is questionable still, I think. Here is what I found:

From the story in the original post:

user posted image

The address for this place is: 124 West Main Street. Crosbyton, TX which is about 35 miles from Lubbock, Texas...where I was born btw...

Here is an excerpt from part of the 'tour' you can go on when you go to their website:

This model (sculpted by Joe Taylor) of a giant human femur (leg bone) is a popular exhibit. The sculpture is mounted over a drawing to scale to show how large this person was. There really were giant humans. For the story behind this sculptured bone click on GO

….but GO doesn’t click so you can’t really GO anywhere….

Interesting that it says...There really were giant humans. Of course there were and still are 'giant' humans...but I'm not convinced they were 'that big'. no.gif

Mt. Blanco Website

in the biblical story of david and goliath, what did it say, goliath was like 10 ft tall or something?

Actually Goliath was more like 9 feet. There is a guy alive right now who at 26 years old is over 8 feet and still growing...his shoe size is 25! w00t.gif

Edited by joc

Holy cow batman!! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

[edit:any more swearing will result in a suspension] rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tommy