Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

apartment ghost part 4

Bizarro

im at work this afternoon minding my business when i get paged by my wife. she is at home sick today due to her pregnancy- poor sweetie. i call her back and she is freaked out and says that she saw a 'ghost cat' in the bathroom. here is her account:

she says that she was looking for her skirt. she often leaves clothes hanging on the doorknob of the bathroom. our bathroom door has a full length mirror on one side of it. she says as she reached around the back of the door for her skirt she saw a black and white cat sitting on the floor in the mirror. she thought it was Mozart, our black and white cat. when she turned around, it was gone. she called for Mozart and found him asleep in a closet in the other room- it could not have been him. she says she thinks it was Maulder, our deceased cat who just so happened to have died in the bathroom floor. Maulder and Mozart were brother and sister, so they look almost identical. she is very freaked out, so i believe she is telling the truth.

i just thought i would post this here to keep a log of the strange occurances in my apartment.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• Kismit

• Loonboy

• neen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure this sighting is related to the others . Maybe your wife is more reseptive at the moment .

Keep up the posts DShwartz . Keeping a log on the events is an excellent Idea . smile.gif

Wow DS it sounds like you have an"active" apartment,is it old,does it have a history of things happening?Sorry if you've already answered these questions.Also i agree with Kismit, being pregnant your wife will probably be more receptive with these sorts of goings on.Love to hear more!

Neenron, if you want to read all my posts on the apartment ghost, i will link them:

my first post, and the reason i found this forum:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=ST&f=10&t=1116

it comes back again:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=ST&f=56&t=2706

apartment ghost part 3:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=ST&f=56&t=3258

and now this is part 4. yes, i think my apartment has something strange going on.

That's awesome DS...I haven't heard of many animal ghosts and it's nice to think that they can 'come over to the other side' too.

The only thing that's a bit worrying is the fact that this really freaked out your wife - I hope she's feeling better.

(Congratulations, by the way bounce.gif )

Thanx for the links DS, sounds like your cat is really picking up on the activity there.I hope you get down to the library and find out about your building and if anything occured there. ph34r.gif

yeah, i really need to do that. am i not the laziest person in the world? omg, i am not ready for this baby ph34r.gif

thanks, Sageghost smile.gif

Take it from me Shwartz your as ready as you'll ever be wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm sure you guys will make great parent's . smile.gif

I think that it's really cool that your cat came back to pay a visit to your wife. I guess she should be pleased rather than freaked out.

My sister had a dog when I was very young and he died in 1990, but since then occasionally we get a glimpse of him trotting through the house. It's not creepy at all. He must still feel a connection to the house and to us and comes back to see us. I think it's great.

I think your cat is keeping an eye on you guys.

biggrin.gif Hi DS, Sounds like you have a lot of paranormal activity happening in your house, Have you ever tried to capture anything on film ?

DS it is scary when your having your first baby but try not to get to anxious,you'll be amazed at how well you can cope.Also enjoy every moment he/she being a baby they really do grow up way to fast.I'm sure you'll be a great dad. biggrin.gif

I luuuv baby's,sooo beautiful wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

haha, youre a hoot, Skep-tick.

one cat does not move from the bathroom to a closet in another room and go to sleep in a matter of about a minute.

anyways, i have something to add here. a few nights ago, my wife thought she say a 'light' move across the bedroom floor/wall and into the bathroom. she asked me if i was shining a flashlight or something.... i wasnt. we turned lights on and off a few times checking it but didn't really think anything of it. she told me it looked like a 'string of light'.

a few mornings later, i was in the bathroom getting ready for work and talking with my wife. since its a small bathroom, i use the mirror over the sink and she uses the full length mirror on the back of the door. as i was talking with her and looking at her in the mirror, i noticed a 'light' move in the room behind her image in the mirror. it was large(about the height of a person), whitish colored and semi-transparent. now, you might be thinking that the light would come from a window but its not possible.... see there is a huge streetlamp on the outside of the building(right above our bedroom window) that is so bright that it would be impossible to sleep at night without blocking out the windows, so we have installed opaque cardboard window shades on the 2 windows. there is no way for light to enter that room other than a lamp- which was off at the time. i clearly saw what looked like a figure moving across the room in that mirror.

we are getting more accustomed to seeing weird things because it didn't bother us much- although i did bring up the topic of maybe getting a priest in this apartment to bless it. i think we are in denial actually- we just try to not talk about it and think it will go away. something unusual is going on here though, i am sure of it now. it seems centered on the bedroom- mainly the closet and bathroom in the bedroom.

anyways, here is a cheezy floorplan of my apartment. im no architect so please forgive its amateurish quality smile.gif

post-56-1051884590.jpg

ahh dammit, i left off a closet near the front door in the living room... just to the left of the kitchen.

Just a quick point to say something that I heard on 'Most Haunted' - having a place blessed by a priest might not be such a good idea. It's all very nice and good if the spirit has the same belief system as the priest and yourselves, but if they do not, it may only serve to inflame the situation.

Their advice was to try to live in harmony with your ghosts, or at the most, put your foot down and demand a little bit of peace and harmony. Lol.

ya, but my wife has actually started saying she wants to move out. im not really bothered, but it has her a little spooked. i only brought up the priest because i want her to feel comfortable living here.

she has started saying things like, "you will not get a night job if im living here". she won't go to bed unless i go to bed with her- she sleeps on the couch if im on the computer. since the baby is coming soon, im going to need a night job to pay bills, so i don't know how much longer we will live here if she can't relax about it.

im definitely not going to talk with any ghost though. hell no! we don't even discuss it in the apartment because we don't want any other strange things to happen. we might talk about it when we are driving in the car or eating out, but not at home.

If that's the case, why not wait until your wife is out and then politely ask whatever it is to stop doing it, ask for some peace and quiet and explain what effect it is having on you both.

Worth a try. smile.gif And would save you the expense of moving.

I have to agree with Loonboy . Blessing the house isn't really all that necisarry unless the presence is malevolent .

And speaking to the spirit isn't all that hard . I grew up in a familly where it was normal . If you lost something you asked for it back , If you needed something you put in a request . You might feel a little goofy at first but it is really worth doing .

Damian you may need to look at shifting any way , where is the baby going to sleep ? huh.gif

well, if we lived here we would change the art/darkroom to the baby's room. im looking for a house though as it would be much better than this apartment.

Dshwartz , I think you need to keep an art/dark room . you obviously enjoy what you do .

Besides it's an excellent way to create extra income. smile.gif