Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TWIN IN BELLY OF BOY, 7

bigsteff

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• bigsteff

• Space Moose

• Bizarro

Top Posters In This Topic

bigsteff, it worked just fine.

But is it really true? It sounds just like something

from the Enquirer. unsure.gif

well i would asume it's true

don't know what the enquirer is...but if it's anything like the sport/sunday sport...which comes out with the stories such as ...ww2 bomber lands on the moon.... which is pants then the daily record is not like that ,it's a REAL NEWSPAPER dealing with real stories.....so unless it's printed on april fools day ,i would believe it

I've heard of something similar to this, except the foetus was called a "stone baby" and had remained in the belly of his mother for many years before he was discovered by surgery.

ww2 bomber lands on the moon.... which is pants

You have to help me out here.... I am from the other side of the pond and I have no idea what a moonlanding by a WWII bomber has to do with pants.

Bettie Lou Williams had a siamese twin growing out of her abdomen, with its head inside her body! She made $500,000 a WEEK as a young child, in the summers with large carnivals. By 1950, her income had doubled. As Betty grew, the twin parasite also grew at the same rate, giving her a HUGE appetite. She died in March, 1955.

user posted image

huh.gif

Moose,

It's slang for something not highly regarded, LB once thought the movie 'Signs' was "pants".

MM

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up Magikman.

If I had a great amount of disregard for a pair of slacks that I own, would it be correct if I said, "these slacks are pants."? Or is that an instance where such an expression might not work?

laugh.gif No, I think it would be perfectly acceptable, old bean, although I think the correct terminology is "trousers".

Main Entry: [1]trou·ser

Pronunciation: 'trau-z&r

Function: noun

Etymology: alteration of earlier trouse, from Scottish Gaelic triubhas

Date: 1613

: [3]PANT 1 — usually used in plural

biggrin.gif

The phrase would then be "these trousers are pants" tongue.gif

So, if I had parasitic twin and I was going to dress him up for a night on the town, I would dress him in trousers because slacks are not pants.

And they wonder why the Scots wear kilts... gender identity issues is nothing compared to this.

This topic is interesting though (the twin thing, not the pants/leggings/trousers/slacks/jeans/khakis/capris/ - jeez, I know a lot of different words to call material you wear on your legs) and am wondering where they draw the line between a parasitic twin and just being a siamese twin with many shared organs.

schadeaux,

Thanks for the mention about Betty Lou, that was something I hadn't been aware of. ohmy.gif I did a little bit more investigating and found a site that gives a short biography of her and quite a few more pictures. They also include a short article that Betty Lou wrote for a local paper that gives her own insight into her 'condition', one which is quite inspirational and moving. Click on the link below, be warned though, it may not work at times, it's a tripod site and they limit access based on activity.

CLICK HERE

Magikman cool.gif

* - the $500,000 is a great exageration of what she truely made, we're talking about the 1940's & 1950's, the biography mentions she earned about $250 per week, a lot of money back then.

Interesting link MM.

I asked google about the 7yearold boy in Kazakhstan and nadazip turned up!

I reckon the Daily Record may have been suckered (and not for the first time either

laugh.gif

hey calm yourselves laugh.gif

i'm from scotland....pants are underwear

pants in england and the usa are not underwear but...trousers

as for the phrase this is pants

well if you were from here you would get it....lol laugh.gif

hey kismit..you don't even wear pants under a kilt...if your a true scotsman tongue.giflaugh.gif

Getting back to the original subject of this thred, the story has been picked up by the BBC news now, and there are portions of the story that differ from the original, ie: the foetus had developed into a tumour but was found to have hair, nails and bones and while it was no longer a living substance it was feeding off the boy's blood supply.

LINK TO STORY

Magikman

Thanx Magik , I just wanted to add to the thread by saying ....

I still like Kilts wub.gif