Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pets Gallery

Sageghost

I love rats! I love their tiny little hands with the perfect little nails :) .

• Like 1

Here's the newest member of my family. She's a two year old Red Bone Coon Hound mutt. I named her Sadie May Atkins-Johnson

621419_3717914240553_514504973_o.jpg?t=1352910386

• Like 7

I had a cat named Snowball growing up... she's not around anymore :cry:

Neither is mine. I had her from the age of 5 (hence the name, "snowball" lol) to 19 when my parents put her down because she had cancer. :( She was a great cat though, would follow me everywhere around the house and even walk me to the corner when I went to school in the mornings. lol

I tried to find a photo of her to post but I can't find the album she's in right now.

• Like 2

I use to have a dog that would watch the clock around 5pm because he new I would be coming home from work & that I usually entered the door a 5:15 he was a good dog

• Like 1

I had to do a check of the SUV before driving to the office. After once where Dom hid in the car to follow me to the office. I did not realised that until I drove back and his head pop up in the rear mirror. He was lucky that was in winter. If that was in summer, with temp hitting high 40C and passing into 50C, he would be cooked in the car.

He loved sticking his head out of the car when on the move. I swore to him I would not stop to pick him up should he jumped. He took the warning very seriously and stayed nicely in the car

4348874583_1961c7a5c7_z.jpg

Since we still on Dommie, he did not just join us at sea level. He would quietly walked alongside as we walked the mountains of the Sultanate of Oman.

You noticed no leash on DomDom.

4396110492_50db3ae752_z.jpg

Above with my wife, who took most of the photos, other than this

4166290176_02886141c9_z.jpg

• Like 2

Since I got a camera now, I might as well upload some pictures here.

Kitten and her daddy. Her mommy's not much of a looker, if you ask me...

8207222807_68b7222a1f.jpg

I don't really like her daddy...

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 2

My cat Dommie.

He thinks he is a dog.

He is also a back seat driver and giving me unsolicited advise where to go and how to drive.

3350856786_537020c25c_z.jpg

Dommie will go into the ocean tide pool when I call out to him

4976793295_9a225abf2e_z.jpg

4977413420_e697618eec_z.jpg

More in

http://shanlung.live...com/119381.html

Aww :o he's so pretty. Seeing those photos made me kinda sad because I used to have a little kitten called 'jesscat' and she looked exactly like him :(

My cat Dommie.

He thinks he is a dog.

He is also a back seat driver and giving me unsolicited advise where to go and how to drive.

3350856786_537020c25c_z.jpg

Dommie will go into the ocean tide pool when I call out to him

4976793295_9a225abf2e_z.jpg

4977413420_e697618eec_z.jpg

More in

http://shanlung.live...com/119381.html

Aww :o he's so pretty. Seeing those photos made me kinda sad because I used to have a little kitten called 'jesscat' and she looked exactly like him :(

Old Man Waffles and friends,

I think I am better known in the birdie forums. I thought what I done was done by all others. Allowing the birdie to fly about in the house.

And taking the birdie out on motorbikes.

Then I found not many others do that, even now. When I first started to write on what I was doing over 10 years ago, I was thrown out of a few forums for heresy and blasphemy.

Here is Tinkerbell when we were together in Taiwan.

30254484_78be0af555_z.jpg

A very rare shot of 3 of us below. My wife the camerawoman, myself and the birdie

30293297_9b1c8366b6_z.jpg

I had to leave her in Taiwan when I left that beautiful country in 2004. But I trained a friend and his family for a year before leaving Tinkerbell into their care. Since then, I flew into Taiwan almost on a yearly basis to spend 2-4 weeks with Tinkerbell.

More shots of her in this

Tinkerbell on motorbike // Jackie, the Greater Indian Hill Mynah and his treats

http://shanlung.live...com/134052.html

Then we do have Riamfada, who was given into my care when we were in the Sultanate of Oman. Riamfada was a wild caught, and about 5 years old and bitey and fearful when she came to me.

In a year, she was flying freely in the open. Riamfada and Dommie were very good friends.

4349717320_cc551be8b3_z.jpg

4395906292_798efaf4bf_z.jpg

4395907828_583f8d9f5e_z.jpg

To Shanlung - How to do Free Flight Outside

http://shanlung.live...com/129976.html

It was not just parrots that I seemed to be able to be friends with.

Birds that are classified as aviary birds seem to accept my friendship.

I have no idea just what is meant by aviary birds , so go google that yourself. Not that I think you get meaningful answers,

especially from those who defined aviary birds.

Such as Yingshiong below

80910841_7dd18427aa_z.jpg

Yingshiong above is a white rumped shama. A shama is a songbird. He was caught from the wild at about 3 years old. He was given into my charge at about 5 years old. He flew to me on cue within a month of coming to me. Breeders of shamas told me even their breed shamas , some they hand raised, never ever landed on them. They told me above was the first ever they seen of a male shama landing on a human.

5717933554_82ed7121a6_z.jpg

Libai is a Greater Greenleaf song bird. Caught from the wild and probably about 3 years old or so when he came to me.

Even wild caught and old birds can be so easily trained and bonded if you know how.

Here below is Jackie, a Greater Indian Hill Mynah.

6763807681_7fcccc1ed9_z.jpg

Understanding them is the first and most important step that can be taken.

That is the most fundamental truth in looking after birds.

Birdies or beasties, this is the same.

• Like 5

I'm being terrorized by a cockatoo!

And all those birds are beautiful :)

I had a beautiful "pet" bird once, but he/she's gone now :cry:

I can never have him/her back.

I named him Tensho.

Edited by Mnemonix

More pictures of the pretty kitty.

8207268147_5a53eb0ac8.jpg

8207267941_5efee96533.jpg

8207223605_9d8e6d3128.jpg

She's quite tame, and doesn't take off from me. Hopefully, she'll become a good pet.

There are a few other cats at my parents' house, where I'm staying. And I've told them to get the cats neutered!

Edited by Mnemonix

Old Man Waffles and friends,

I think I am better known in the birdie forums. I thought what I done was done by all others. Allowing the birdie to fly about in the house.

And taking the birdie out on motorbikes.

Then I found not many others do that, even now. When I first started to write on what I was doing over 10 years ago, I was thrown out of a few forums for heresy and blasphemy.

Here is Tinkerbell when we were together in Taiwan.

30254484_78be0af555_z.jpg

A very rare shot of 3 of us below. My wife the camerawoman, myself and the birdie

30293297_9b1c8366b6_z.jpg

I had to leave her in Taiwan when I left that beautiful country in 2004. But I trained a friend and his family for a year before leaving Tinkerbell into their care. Since then, I flew into Taiwan almost on a yearly basis to spend 2-4 weeks with Tinkerbell.

More shots of her in this

Tinkerbell on motorbike // Jackie, the Greater Indian Hill Mynah and his treats

http://shanlung.live...com/134052.html

Then we do have Riamfada, who was given into my care when we were in the Sultanate of Oman. Riamfada was a wild caught, and about 5 years old and bitey and fearful when she came to me.

In a year, she was flying freely in the open. Riamfada and Dommie were very good friends.

4349717320_cc551be8b3_z.jpg

4395906292_798efaf4bf_z.jpg

4395907828_583f8d9f5e_z.jpg

To Shanlung - How to do Free Flight Outside

http://shanlung.live...com/129976.html

It was not just parrots that I seemed to be able to be friends with.

Birds that are classified as aviary birds seem to accept my friendship.

I have no idea just what is meant by aviary birds , so go google that yourself. Not that I think you get meaningful answers,

especially from those who defined aviary birds.

Such as Yingshiong below

80910841_7dd18427aa_z.jpg

Yingshiong above is a white rumped shama. A shama is a songbird. He was caught from the wild at about 3 years old. He was given into my charge at about 5 years old. He flew to me on cue within a month of coming to me. Breeders of shamas told me even their breed shamas , some they hand raised, never ever landed on them. They told me above was the first ever they seen of a male shama landing on a human.

5717933554_82ed7121a6_z.jpg

Libai is a Greater Greenleaf song bird. Caught from the wild and probably about 3 years old or so when he came to me.

Even wild caught and old birds can be so easily trained and bonded if you know how.

Here below is Jackie, a Greater Indian Hill Mynah.

6763807681_7fcccc1ed9_z.jpg

Understanding them is the first and most important step that can be taken.

That is the most fundamental truth in looking after birds.

awesome birds man

you have good knowledge on birds ? they're pretty hard to deal with .. unlike cats and dogs most of them doesn't like to be " man handled " :D

• Like 2

To Mnemomix who is terrorised by his cockatoo, and Knight of Shadows and friends,

Regardless if you have birdies , or beasties, what I wrote here apply equally.

You might even get your kitty to walk with you in the ocean, or respond immediately to you when you called to them such as

Sieben coming to me

When I decided YS is to go back into his flightroom so Ivan the cat can be out, I just signal with my hand

and tell YS ' go back'. You can see this sequence here, where YS flew back to his flight room and into his cage at my

cue. You can see in other associated videos YS flying to me. But I think thats quite mundane as compared to him flying back to his cage.

Yingshiong flies back into cage

[media=]

The secret, if I can call that a secret, is understanding them and seeing their world from their eyeballs instead of your eyeballs.

Allowing yourself to be the trainee of your birdie and beasties instead of smugly thinking you are the trainer.

Do try to find the time to read

Tinkerbell Legacy - - Rant 03 (a flighted parrot mentality) & Understanding the mind of your grey

http://shanlung.live...l.com/2187.html

And allow the magic to come into the relationship with your birdies and beasties

A_bird_in_the_hand_by_UncleKiki.jpg

My father's pet lovebird, actually. The only picture I have of him.

He isn't around anymore.

He was very bitey... and didn't like going back into his cage.

My father also had another pet bird, but was killed by a civet cat.

There's also a cockatoo, but he's another story...

Edited by Mnemonix

Here's my father's pet killer cockatoo.

8226567717_e4f1fee4c7.jpg

I'm giving him scratches.

8226567339_ca37fd0708.jpg

I haven't been feeling too good lately... :(

And waiting for Snow to recover, he's at the vet's.

Just trying to take my mind off things.

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 2