Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pets Gallery

Sageghost

Thanks Lava Lady! Building terrariums is a great way to assert your god complex.

I am god of the sea people!!

• 3 weeks later...

I want to share this one, because even though it's not my pet, I almost feel kind of closer to it than normal, because this horse grazes on a public trail I like to walk, and I can go see him whenever I want to. I found it not too long ago, and realized it was a free range trail, so it has cows and horses grazing on it. I saw a pack of horses who live there and always hang out together. I thought it was cool because I'd never seen this before, and also because there was one baby in the group.

Anyway, one day recently I took my camera to take some photos of the horses, and felt excited like a little kid when the baby of the group (now starting to grow up) noticed me and walked right up to me, and let me rub his head. So here he is, my pretend pet horse:

9442719266_6957929735_z.jpg

9439941325_5cfdef35fc_z.jpg

9439953013_29a7463d89_z.jpg

Edited by _Only
  • Like 7

SleepingHungryPup

My lab sleeping and snoring. He was one year old at the time. Now he's one and half. The bed in the picture no longer exists... I'll just say he committed a crime of passion. He has a bigger bed now.
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

this is my baby Ravin

post-130968-0-39707200-1377757644_thumb.

Handsome dog! Kind of reminds me of Hugh Jackman for some reason. Think I just admitted that I think Hugh Jackman is handsome...

• Like 1

All of these adorable pet pics!!! Puts me into "baby talk" mode!! Bugga bugga bugga... who's a cutie pie??? Who's a pretty boy/girl? Who's my baby??

post-109094-0-20389800-1378523585_thumb.

My feathered monsters, boy in grey, girl in white.

HE sings "Pop goes the weasel", part of "Darth Vader". Says, "Watcha doin?", "What the hell?", blows kisses, and various other "cute" things that his wife thinks is annoying.

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 5

Good news in that we've reduced Isaac's insulin needs by half over the last two months, vet and I are optimistic that we can reduce it some more in another few weeks after we do a blood glucose curve to see how the current dosage works out.

Not sure how i missed this post before. You and i are fighting the same battle. It's taken 2 long years but i finally got my pup from 7 units down to 3 1/2, vet tells me if this next check up is as good as the last 2 she's goin down to 3 units....closer and closer to trying to beat this thing :tu:

How long do they live, LL?

Unfortunately, only about 2 to 3 years one average. My boys are/were close to 3. Pretty old in rat years.

Unfortunately, only about 2 to 3 years one average. My boys are/were close to 3. Pretty old in rat years.

My dad, years ago, kept two Norwegian wharf rats--huge buggers--in a cage on his kitchen table. He had rescued them from a sadistic vivisectionist lab tech he worked with at a research institute in Buffalo, NY (true story). No one ate meals with ol' dad towards the end there, except me--and his critters. (no pics, sorry)

My dad, years ago, kept two Norwegian wharf rats--huge buggers--in a cage on his kitchen table. He had rescued them from a sadistic vivisectionist lab tech he worked with at a research institute in Buffalo, NY (true story). No one ate meals with ol' dad towards the end there, except me--and his critters. (no pics, sorry)

I bet they were huge. They have the potential to get as big as a small cat. And I bet they loved your dad, they are quite personable.

• Like 1

This is our new Alaskan Malamute puppy. Loki he is10 weeks old.

post-12734-0-94549200-1379102730_thumb.j

post-12734-0-68420600-1379102751_thumb.j

post-12734-0-79197900-1379102767_thumb.j

post-12734-0-24797200-1379102782_thumb.j

• Like 7

He is very cute! Will you get him a wagon our sometHing to pull?

• Like 2

He is very cute! Will you get him a wagon our sometHing to pull?

He is a cutey. He has changed a lot since I took those photos last week.

I may convert the wheelchair my old dog (Boo) had before he left this world in June this year, into a Chariot so Loki can pull me about like Ben Hur.. obviously I will be wearing my Texas Ranger badge and pimp the ride up a little.

• Like 1

He is a cutey. He has changed a lot since I took those photos last week.

I may convert the wheelchair my old dog (Boo) had before he left this world in June this year, into a Chariot so Loki can pull me about like Ben Hur.. obviously I will be wearing my Texas Ranger badge and pimp the ride up a little.

Please post a pic of that! :)

• Like 1

Aw, I love malamutes.

They are beautiful and intelligent, Loki is a great name.

Aw, I love malamutes.

They are beautiful and intelligent, Loki is a great name.

FYI - Loki means rose in Hawaiian. lol

• Like 2

FYI - Loki means rose in Hawaiian. lol

When we picked Loki up, We found out his Kennel Club name was “Shadow of Loki”. As the owner you are not obliged to keep the name but it is on their records permanently. We got him home let him settle in for a day before we decided to pick a name for him. Only me and my daughter knew his KC name, we wanted something that would suit him/his breed and looked at Native names, my son suggested Loki “The Norse god of mischief” without knowing his KC registered name and so it was meant to be.. we kind of also use Lakota and cut it short to Loki, just the same way we used Buster and cut that short to “Boo” for our old German shepherd.

• Like 3